+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: LAFARGE AND STANBIC IBTC

Re: LAFARGE AND STANBIC IBTC

@ucheson2007 when did u get that email, I got mine around 21st of may, about that time I read in this forum that people from other categories where already going for medical tests which didn't do very well for my moral concerning this particular job.

Congrats bro. Enjoy. I would advice you go for Lafarge; it is a blue chip company and therefore less prone to international banking crisis setbacks. The final decision is yours though.

I think adding more value to your life is beter for a better tomorrow. At Lafarge, u will have the opportunity of bieng trained in other areas aside ur present area (IT) and have time for urself instead of the banking sector-though good but not as that of Lafarge. But in all, u have the final say.
    mean while, CONGRATULOBIA.

Thanks all, i am honoured to have such top-class and brilliant pieces of advice.Thanks again!!

@godspeed, got mine the same time as you

@bizkiit, this is the way i see it, in the bank(IT), u really cant climb that high. The height u 'd attain over a 8year timeline would fairly be the same as u 'd probably be doing the same thing all over. And even if u are into software programming, Stanbic IBTC wont give that freedom except if u are at the HQ. Now considering LAFARGE, u 'd really be involved in wat u were trained as, and u can steadily rise up the ranks. To me, IT is the icing on the cake, but the real cake is ENGINEERING. But yet again, follow ur passion. Some ppl are engineering graduates but their passion lies elsewhere..... i repeat again, follow ur passion.......

@ucheson2007 aight just try to keep in touch. cheers.

@bizkiit, i would sugget you go for the lafarge job since it will help you build your carrier and still give you time to exercise your passion in IT which stanbic will not. but i sugget you pray before taking any future decision.

The Shift mangers r currently under review at present, and we hav stared contacting ppl already for the interview

Other positions which one may have undergone interview nd tst @ 2nd floor and have not been called can sometimes pay unscheduled visits to the HRM and ask questions.

Recruitments r currently still needed in the company esp. in the areas of engineers and technicians, hwever this can only b achieved online

DONT BE DECIVED INTO SUBMITTING/SENDING HARDCOPIES OF CV, ONLY THROUGH ONLINE MEASURES CAN U BE SHORTLISTED

@Bondslight..pls i need some info from you if you dont mind...did an interview with your company in London about 2 weeks ago...want to ask if u have any info regarding that...cheers

Lafarge is a place for development & career building,not banking.Go for the best.Go for Lafarge.
    J

i'll advice u go for d lafarge Job. The reason bin dat Lafarge, apart from being a multi-national is also into a cash-cow business dat will still be money spinning in nigeria for many years to come and will nt b adversly affected by d Crunch. moreover, d Job will really help your career.( Engineering). Regards,

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12