Everyone should try, but I think only applied science people stand a good chance of landing the opportunity-- I could be damn wrong...
The job is real...I just received the information from a senior colleague-- Feel very free to ask me questions..

Send CVs and nice covering letters to:
[email protected] [email protected]

Address the application to:
Mr. Arun Sharma
AIMS-NEI
6 Melrose Road
Muizenberg 7945
Cape Town
South Africa

Read the details below---

Success to you!

We're Hiring.

The hook:
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences is a growing network of centres of excellence seeking to catalyze Africa’s growth through the development of Africa’s most valuable resource – its young people. We believe that through the provision of advanced scientific and technical training to many gifted students, people of very rare ability – Africa’s own Einsteins – will emerge, capable of innovative breakthroughs which will transform Africa and the world.
We need exceptionally motivated and talented people to join us in making this happen.
AIMS:
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS, African Institute for Mathematical Sciences | AIMS) is an innovative, pan-African centre for post-graduate education, research and outreach which has achieved global recognition since opening its first centre in South Africa in 2003. Launched in 2008 by Neil Turok’s TED Prize Wish, the Next Einstein Initiative seeks build on the success of the first AIMS institute by seeking to create a continent-wide network of AIMS centres, students, researchers and alumni.
How to get involved:
The challenge in front of us is commensurate with our vision - great and potentially transformative. We need people who are passionate about their work and are willing to work hard, travel often and be creative in solving challenges. We are looking to hire immediately.
Specific positions we have open:
  • Project Developers – You will be responsible for helping new AIMS centres move from an concept into a functioning institute, looking at operations, finances, staffing, construction, communications and much more with local partners. Detailed job description here. Closing 31.5.2011.
  • Others – the possibilities are endless and if you have an interesting idea or CV, please send it to us with a two-paragraph description of how you think you could help us in our mission.
Our team currently consists of a mathematician, a cosmologist, an engineer, an astrophysicist turned accountant and a social scientist, together with partners from across Africa and around the world. All positions are based in Cape Town, South Africa with extensive African and International travel.
AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer and all positions offer competitive salaries and outstanding personal and professional growth opportunities.
To Apply:
Send a CV with a covering letter and an indication of your position of interest to [email protected]. Apply as soon as possible, we are hiring on a rolling basis.