+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Topic: HRS@Total Invites for test

Re: HRS@Total Invites for test

now all good evening the mou simply stand for memorandum of Understanding (MOU) some three months back total brought out an opening for akwa ibom indigenes. the state govt. signed a memorandum of agreement with total nigeria and now they ve started to shortlist

i hope have been able to answer the question of what is MOU?
    Goodluck to you all invited

thanks 4 d clarificatn.i have been wondering wat positn is dat.now i understand.one luv

TOTAL, AKWA IBOM COMMUNITIES SIGN LANDMARK MOU
    DECEMBER 10, 2009

After five years of negotiations and several false starts, the NNPC/TEPNG Joint Venture, on Thursday, December 10, 2009 became the first multinational Oil and Gas firm in the country to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with communities in the oil producing state of Akwa Ibom.

The challenges that have trailed attempts to sign the MoU in the past underscored the feeling of elation and loud applause of traditional rulers, council chairmen, community representatives and observers that followed each signature on the document at the signing ceremony, held at the Government House, Uyo.

“Today is indeed a very important day in the history of our state. I think this is the first MoU that has ever been signed between the communities and an oil company”, declared the Akwa Ibom state governor, Obong Godswill Akpabio as he urged other oil companies operating in the state to take a cue from Total and initiate the process of having MoUs with their host communities.

The governor congratulated coastal communities for accepting to have other stakeholders in the state as co-beneficiaries of the MoU and assured that in witnessing the MoU, government will ensure that the communities keep their side of the agreement. He expressed optimism that Total, as a good corporate citizen, will abide by the agreement.

Governor Akpabio was represented by his deputy, Engineer Patrick Ekpotu who led some members of the state executive council to the ceremony. The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) was represented Mrs. Jane Ashimi who stood in for the General Manager, National Petroleum and Investment Management Services (NAPIMS), Dr Ayo Balogun.

Total’s delegation to the event was led by the by the Executive Director, External Affairs, Mr John Addeh, who represented the Managing Director/Chief Executive, Mr Guy Maurice. Other members of the delegation were the General Manager, Sustainable Development, Mr Vincent Nnadi; Capacity Development Manager, Dr Nkoyo Attah; Offshore Sustainable Development Manager, Mr Matthew Otokiti; Legal Counsel, Mrs Lota Osarollor; Head, SD Methods and Reporting, Mr Royal Godwill, and Head, Offshore Sustainable Development, Mr Princewill Obah.

The Managing Director noted that the history of the company’s collaboration with Akwa Ibom State predates the MoU and had resulted in landmark projects in the state, including the first ever community development foundation in Nigeria’s Oil and Gas industry: the Eastern Obolo Community Development Foundation (EOCDF).

He stated further that now “that the document has been finalized to the satisfaction of the maximum number of stakeholders, our senior partner, (NNPC) and ourselves now appeal that we move to the important stage of implementation without distraction so that the fruits of the MOU can be achieved effectively.”

Responding on behalf of the traditional rulers, HRM Edidem Ntuk Ubom of Ikot Abasi Local Govt Area, expressed joy at the signing and promised that the communities will keep their side of the MoU and ensure peace. He said the company should continue with enviable projects like the Lecture Theatre it built at the University of Uyo.

Click here (pdf — 21 KB) for the full text of the MD's speech.

The slideshow below completes this story.

TOTAL Group News

@eazy......:broda man, sista woman u don do a great job.thanks. merry xmas and unlimitd breakthru 2011 in adv.

Pls will there be any room for Gate Crashers?Somebody help i wish to gatecrash.

Goodluck to those invited... 1luv

Is Gate crashing allowed for us Akwa Ibom Indegenous graduate Engineers?

@all,tnx 4ur asists.pls wil there b a professional/technical test accordin to one's discipline?im sure dat shl numerical and verbal is a must !wil dere b anyoda test or jst d 2?response pls.

Water is not making any sense here..it is better for him to think properly before making any conclusion on whatever..I am sure you are thinking it's a scam..for your info it is not.... I got the same message to come for the test 12th of january which is next week wednesday.The office address is right and presently I have someone in IFP france who did the same test last year and was successful....

Quote Originally Posted by jay Boi
    @all,tnx 4ur asists.pls wil there b a professional/technical test accordin to one's discipline?im sure dat shl numerical and verbal is a must !wil dere b anyoda test or jst d 2?response pls.
    Yes that what is likely going to happen.Or their will be a general engineering question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankquarry
    Is Gate crashing allowed for us Akwa Ibom Indegenous graduate Engineers?
    No you will be screen before entering into their premises.
    I am a slow walker but I never walk backwards.

@cool guy and odaz,r we expecting dat SPATIAL test(STS5) loke dat of SHELL togeda with numerical and verbal?

Common Guys i need help. Just wanna confirm if TOTAL have recently let gate crashers in ..maybe this year or last bcos life is about one oppurtunity..
    i wanna come in from Lagos & I'm from Akwa Ibom State.? URGENT

+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast