As it had been for previous years of promises and failures on part of the Government, my heart broke for the umpteenth time when I read that the majority of the ex-youth corp members honored at a ceremony held in Abuja still roam the streets. The occasion was attended by President Goodluck Jonathan himself, in which he directed that the honorees be employed with immediate effect but as it stands that pronouncement is still far from becoming a total reality. This is a very big blow for a man who has been making promises of good governance if elected into office. If the youth can’t enjoy the “Little Things” at this point, then what will be our stake in the wider circle? Following the announcement by a former chairman of the South-South youth forum, Mr. Moses Siasia, were he said that If President Goodluck Jonathan is elected into office; he would continue to place emphasis on youth development. Why then hasn’t he heard the cries of millions of unemployed youths in the country?

The Nigerian youth in recent times has been a victim of prolonged neglect and mismanagement by our leaders. They have become a disposable item, an object of ridicule, a tool for electoral campaigns/violence and unwilling attendees’ at party rallies. The high rate of unemployment is becoming too alarming and calls for serious intervention. The leaders of this country will always hide under the guise that the situation is not only peculiar to Nigeria but they have done little or nothing to remedy the ever deteriorating situation. The youths are still made to pay for PINS, Scratch Cards and application forms so to be considered for employment in our own Federal Agencies. What a big shame!!! “A case of stealing from Peter to pay Paul”. This is one of the reasons to show that the government of this nation is very defiant to the issue concerning youth development in the country.

My Fellow Naija Hot Jobbers, there is a saying goes like this “A problem shared is a problem solved”. Don’t say it doesn’t concern you. Don’t shy away from this matter. Most people may see this post as the ramblings of a mad, frustrated Nigerian but I want you to ask your selves these questions; how long are we going to be on this mountain? When did you graduate from school? How old are you? How many times will you continue to share past questions papers? Must you memorize the test format of every multinational? What happened to you long term career goals? Are you not tired of doing the same thing every year? Are you not tired of writing applications, sending CV’s, gate crashing and attending meaningless interviews? On a final note, I implore you to check the sent items of your mailbox and you will be amazed at the number of jobs you have applied for. I foresee a day of total UPRISING against this matter. I must lead this fight. Join us soon on FACEBOOK and TWITTER!!!!