+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: house please i need your help on this job offer

house please i need your help on this job offer

I applied for this job some months ago on Yahoo hot-jobs site, and since then the recruiting company requested for some information about me which i supplied with care, the conducted some online interview which i did, requested for letter of recommendation from my company which i forward to them ( i wrote the letter myself ). all these was done within two weeks and after then i did here anything from them for about a month, but today i received a letter of employment from the company which they want me to acknowledge and send back to them. The following are the content of the letter. i don't know if is a scam or not

Personal & Confidential
    Our Ref.: Dialog Group Berhad
    OFFICIAL LETTER OF APPOINTMENT
    Thank you for your time discussing an opportunity with Dialog Group Berhad. We are very pleased to offer you
    the position of Maintenance Engineer at Dialog Group Berhad. We look forward to having you as part of Dialog
    Group Berhad, team. This document will confirm our employment agreement. This agreement is entered into
    between Dialog Group Berhad, (Hereinafter called “Dialog Group Berhad.”) , A.Israel Odubiyi (hereinafter
    called “Employee”) and Pacific Partners Sdn Bhd Incorporated under the Laws of Malaysia, Hereinafter called
    the (Recruiter) made this day of Oct 18th 2010. It is agreed that the Employee shall act in the position of
    Maintenance Engineer, effective. November 29th, 2010.
    Job Description
    The Employee shall have the duties, responsibilities, authority and reporting relationship as defined in the job
    description for this position (attached), which may be changed by Dialog Group Berhad in operational
    memoranda from time to time as mutually agreed upon.
    Compensation
    It is agreed that the Dialog Group Berhad shall pay via Dialog Group Berhad cheque or direct deposit to the
    Employee. In addition, insurance costs and maintenance for the Dialog Group Berhad official car will be the
    responsibility of Dialog Group Berhad
    Designation: Maintenance Engineer
    Reporting: Technical Manager
    Salary: US$3,500 (after tax) by your choice of check or direct deposit
    Performance Bonuses: A quarterly bonus amount to an annual maximum of 50% of base salary will be paid to
    the Employee, within thirty (30) days after the end of each quarter.
    Job Location: Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
    Vacation: 30 days a year
    Contract Period: Four Years
    Other Benefits:
    Quality Single/ Family Accommodation in the company’s community estate.
    Moving Expense Reimbursement.
    Personal effects shipment and excess Baggage Allowances.
    Access to some of the finest social and recreational facilities in Malaysia.
    Excellent educational/child care assistance benefits for singles / family.
    Medical Health Insurance.
    Paid Vacation
    Advancement Opportunities
    Induction Training Program: There will be an induction training program for you during which you will be prepared
    to take up the post. It is designed to help new employees to become familiar with our organization. You will be required
    to sign and collect hard copies of this offer and agreement and will receive an employee manual, at the end of induction
    program.
    Duties and Responsibilities
    In addition to performing Customer Sales & Service duties, you will perform the following tasks, duties and
    responsibilities.
    Establish and maintain effective working relationship with other employees and departments.
    Manage maintenance personnel and budget
    Administer plant-wide preventive maintenance program
    Schedule maintenance activities with the focus to achieve production schedules
    Ensure that all maintenance activities are completed safely within internal standards
    Implement capital projects and manage outside contractors
    Select equipment to meet process objectives
    Perform other job related duties as assigned.

Please note that you are entitled to discuss this offer and to seek advice on the attached proposed agreement with
    your family, a union, a lawyer, or someone else you trust. The employment relationship discussed herein is by
    mutual consent (employment-at-will).
    Herein you have been forwarded employer’s contract terms and conditions via email (attached) for your perusal
    and digest. On your satisfaction and agreement with the offer and the terms, you shall be expected to sign and
    return the employment offer letter via email.
    Job Proceeding Requirement
    To ensure compliance with Malaysia laws, If you do not presently possessing a valid Malaysia Residence and
    Work Permit Clearance Papers) Please contact our company’s recruitment partner for advice and assistant, on
    how to acquire your work permit. Contact Person: Barr K.H Wong. (Pacific Partners Sdn Bhd) You shall be
    required to furnish us with your valid Malaysia work permits papers on or before the 15th Nov, 2010 as a proof
    of your readiness to join our team. The purpose of this letter is to set forth our understanding of the terms of
    your employment with Dialog Group Berhad including your job description, compensation and benefits. It is
    important that you are inspired to remain with Dialog Group Berhad over time, and to focus your energies on
    successfully and efficiently contributing to our organization’s goals.
    We are delighted at the prospect of you joining our Organization, and we look forward to having you on board.
    Should you have any questions, or desire further information, please do not hesitate to call 60- 0126085187 or
    email [email protected], [email protected]
    Please indicate acceptance of this position by signing below and returning a signed copy of this letter to me at the
    above Email address.
    Signature Oct, 18th, 2010
    Ms Anita Selvi Date
    Human Resources Manager
    Dialog Group Berhad
    Signature Oct, 18th, 2010.
    Barr K.H.Wong Date
    Head of Recruitment
    Pacific Partners Sdn Bhd
    I acknowledge the receipt of this letter, and I accept the position offered
    Signature ______________________Date __________________

They also forward this document to me

- 1 -
    Personal & Confidential
    Our Ref.:
    Official Terms Of Agreement
    OFFICIAL LETTER OF APPOINTMENT
    Thank you for your time discussing an opportunity with Dialog Group Berhad. We are very pleased to offer you
    the position of Maintenance Engineer at Dialog Group Berhad. We look forward to having you as part of Dialog
    Group Berhad, team. This document will confirm our employment agreement. This agreement is entered into
    between Dialog Group Berhad, (Hereinafter called “Dialog Group Berhad.”) , A. Israel Odubiyi (hereinafter
    called “Employee”) and Pacific Partners Sdn Bhd Incorporated under the Laws of Malaysia, Hereinafter called
    the (Recruiter) made this day of Oct 18th 2010. It is agreed that the Employee shall act in the position of
    Maintenance Engineer, effective. November 29th, 2010.
    ARTICLE 1: Contract Period
    The contract period shall be for contract duration: the contract shall last for a duration of (4
    consecutive months; 4 (four) years and could be renewed only if employer is satisfied with the
    employee’s services. This is with effect from the Nov 29th, 2010,
    ARTICLE (2) Relocation Expense Reimbursement
    The employee will be reimbursed by the employer for reasonable moving expense incurred only as a
    result of relocation or early termination of leases, storage charges, flight tickets, immunizations
    Permits fee etc. Reimbursements shall be made before employees embark on journey not later than
    Five (5) working days, on receipt of your expense report and receipts. Employer for each
    intercontinental trip shall pay US$5,520 flat rate travel/entertainment allowance to employee. Travel
    shall be by business class/first class. However for the purpose of commencement, the cost of travel
    ticket shall be paid in addition to travel/entertainment allowance. Cost shall be substantiated and
    shall be the rate charged at the Period/time of purchase. Employer shall also take care of employees'
    travel ticket including that of employees' family only on employees' early notification to employer
    and as shall be requested by employee.
    ARTICLE 3 Confirmed Employees
    Confirmed employees are those employee’s that have successfully acquired and forwarded his
    necessary permits clearance papers to the employers’ management duly certified by the company’s
    immigration expert.
    ARTICLE 4 Other Benefits
    Quality single/ family housing in company’s community estate.
    Personal effects shipment and excess baggage allowances.
    Access to some of the finest social and recreational facilities in Malaysia.
    Free medical care in Malaysia for you and your family during the Contract duration.
    Excellent educational/child care assistance benefits for singles or family.
    Medical Health Insurance.
    Maximum and efficient security both in work place and housing Community.
    Computer Resources: Laptop Computer, Full time Internet access
    Phones: The employer will provide you with one (1) landline and one (1) Mobile hand phone. With a
    reasonable credit limit per month.
    Local Transportation: Efficient official car shall be provided for you employee by employer.
    Adequate private office space in a conducive and comfortable work environment shall be provided

by the employer. Employees’ shall be authorized (4) times paid vacation during the term of the
    contract, to be used at the employees ‘discretion after duly informing and receiving approval from
    employer’s management. Employer will pay for travel expenses (i.e. flight tickets)
    ARTICLE 5: Entire Agreement
    This Agreement embodies the entire understanding of the parties hereto and any prior
    representation or arrangements are hereby superseded.
    ARTICLE 6 Obligations of the Relationship.
    Obligation of the Employer: The Employer shall: Act as a good employer in all dealings with the
    employee; Deal with the employee and any representative of the employee with a safe and healthy
    work environment.
    Obligation of an Employee
    The employee shall; Comply with all reasonable and lawful instructions provided to them by the
    employer; perform their duties with all reasonable skill and diligence; Conduct their duties in the
    best interest of the employer and the employment relationship;
    Deal with employer in good faith in all aspect of the employment relationship;
    Comply with all policies and procedures (including any code of conduct) implemented by the
    employer from time to time. Take all practicable steps to perform the job in a way that is safe and
    healthy for themselves and their fellow employees.
    ARTICLE 6 Hours of Work
    An employee’s ordinary hours of work shall be between 9am to 4pm Mondays to Friday. Ordinary
    hour of work shall not exceed 8 hours per day or 40 hours per week
    ARTICLE 7 Overtime
    Where the employer wishes for an employee to work overtime, then the employer request this of the
    employee and provide the maximum possible notice. The employee may refuse to work overtime if
    genuine personal commitment or circumstances prevent him/her from doing so. Overtime will be
    paid at the rate of time and a half
    ARTICLE 8 Breaks
    It is acknowledged that the taking of break is an important part of any employee’s work/life balance.
    The employer acknowledges a responsibility to allow breaks to be taken, and employees acknowledge
    their responsibility to take schedule breaks. The employee shall provide hot or cold running water as
    well as Tea, coffee, milk and sugar for use during breaks. Lunch break: 1pm to 2pm
    ARTICLE 10 Leave Provision
    Where any of the following public holidays fall on a day which would otherwise be a working Day for
    an employee, that employee shall receive a paid holiday.
    Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year Day, second day of Jan (or some other day in its place) Good
    Friday, Easter Monday, Anniversary Day, Labor Day, the birth day of the reigning sovereign or
    some other day in it’s place. If an employee is directed to work on any part of the public holiday, the
    employer shall be the portion of the employee’s relevant daily pay that relates to the time actually
    worked on the day (to a minimum of 4 hours) plus that same amount again. The employee shall be
    entitled to alternative day’s holidays to be paid in accordance with the holiday act 2003.Every
    employee after 12 months’ service shall be entitled to 30 days paid leave per annum under the terms
    and conditions provided for in the holiday’s act 2003
    ARTICLE 11 Bereavement Leave
    An employee is entitled to up to 3 days’ bereavement leave on the death of employee’s spouse,
    parents and any other person whom the employer accepts. Bereavement leave shall be calculated on
    the employee’s relevant daily pay.
    ARTICLE 12 Birthday Leave

- 3 -
    Where an employee’s birthday falls on a day that would normally be worked, that employee shall be
    entitled to paid leave on that day. Payment will be made as per the normal pay that would have been
    that day, had the employee’s birthday not fallen on that day
    ARTICLE 13 Sick and Domestic Leave
    Our company is committed to the work/life balance of employees and will work with both individuals
    and the union to ensure that the company’s policies are geared towards the profession and personal
    need of all employees. Employee will be granted up to seven paid sick or domestic per year when
    illness prevent them from attending work (sick leave); or The employee’s partners or dependant is ill
    and they need to stay at home to care for them (domestic leave). It is essential for the employer as
    soon possible on the morning of any absence on sick or domestic and shall also, if possible, give an
    indication of when they will return for work. An employer may require a medical certificate for any
    period of sick leave of three or more consecutive days (whether or not these are normal working
    days). The employer will meet the cost of providing medical certificate.
    Where paid sick leave as per the provisions of this clause has exhausted, the employer will give
    genuine consideration to the granting of further paid or unpaid sick leave on a case by case basis.
    Employees in this situation are encouraged to approach the employer for such consideration.
    ARTICLE 14 Notice Periods
    The normal period of notice of termination of employment shall be two weeks. This notice must be
    given in writing and in application to both employer and the employee.
    ARTICLE 15 Employment Relationship Problems
    It is the Company’s policy to attempt to resolve Problems directly and at the earliest opportunity.
    Both employees and the Company must try and resolve any problems in good faith. The Department
    of Labor provides a mediation service that assists in resolving Personal grievances and other
    employment relationship problems. If you consider you are being unlawfully discriminated against;
    or if you are being sexually or racially harassed and you do not want to raise the matter with the
    Company directly, you can ring the Human Rights Commission on 0130496877 or the Race Relations
    Office. They can assist you with free, confidential advice. They also provide mediation and
    investigation services free of charge
    ARTICLE 16 Annual Close Down
    The employer may close down all or part of its operations regularly once a year and require the
    employee to take leave during the period of the closedown .Even where this requires the employee to
    take leave for which they are not fully reimbursed. The employer shall provide the employee with at
    least 14days advance notice of closedown.
    ARTICLE 17 Health & Safety /Injury Prevention
    Both the employer and the employee shall comply with obligation under the health and safety in
    environment act 1992. This includes the employer taking all practicable steps to provide the
    employee with a healthier and safe working environment. The employee shall comply with all
    directives and instruction from the employer regarding health and safety and shall also take all
    reasonable steps to ensure that in the performance of their employment duties, they do not
    undermine their own health and safety or the health and safety of any person. The employee should
    minimize any thing that will cause financial loss to the employer whilst employed by the company.
    ARTICLE 18 Privacy Obligations
    The employer and the employee shall comply with the obligations set out in privacy act. The
    employee must not breach the privacy of any customer or client in the course of their employment.
    ARTICLE 19 Confidential Information
    The employee shall not, weather during the currency of this agreement or after its termination for
    whatever reason, use, disclose or distribute to any person or entity, otherwise than as necessary for
    the proper performance of their duties and responsibilities under this agreement or as required by

law, any confidential information, messages, data or trade secrets acquired by the employee in the
    course of performing their services under this agreement.
    ARTICLE 20 Entire Agreement
    The employee acknowledges that;
    You have been advised of your right to take independent advice on the terms of this agreement.
    (ii) That you have been provided with a reasonable opportunity to take that advice
    (iii) That you have read this terms of employment and understand these terms and their implications;
    and
    (iv)That you agreed to be bound by these terms of employment and employer’s policies and
    procedures as will be implemented by the employer from time to time.
    ARTICLE 12: Attestation
    As Witness, the hands of the duly authorized representatives of the parties, the day and year first above written;
    Signed and delivered for and on behalf of: Dialog Group Berhad
    Signature Oct, 18th, 2010
    Ms Anita Selvi Date
    Human Resources Manager
    Dialog Group Berhad
    Signed on behalf of; Dialog Group Berhad
    Signature Oct, 18th, 2010.
    Barr K.H.Wong Date
    Head of Recruitment
    Pacific Partners Sdn Bhd
    Signed on behalf of; Pacific Partners Sdn Bhd
    I acknowledge the receipt of this letter, and I accept the terms of the Agreement
    Employee: Signature ______________________Date __________________

Re:

Dis tory 2much,make further enquiries up to d malaysian embassy.

Re: house please i need your help on this job offer

I agree with lanyat.save urself trouble.do as advised

Just print the whole document, go to the malaysian embassy and pretend that u want to do bussiness with the company, ask if the company is registered in their country and I advice u look for someone neutral in malaysia to ask, go to their chat room, use online resources, just ask, you may be surprise, at what u will get, also don't forget the partners, investigate them too, both at the embassy and from your online resource....Above all when they ask you to pay anything...just run faster than u can.
    Leave a good mark on the sand of time

Re

This letter long o. I even dozed off while reading the epistle.
    Not all that glitter is gold.
    After the malaysian embassy confirmation, google the site, get their phone number and call their hr for confirmation.
    Malaysian time is 6 hrs ahead of ours.

OMG! I had to go grab a bottle of coke by the time I got to a quarter of this Thesis. Guy abeg no dey post dis king long thin.. .
    Anyway sha, the other members hv said it all. but if u ask me...i'd say i smell SCAM...Tread Carefully!

I smell SCAM! But still go along with them to see the end of it all. Be assured dat in future a fee will be requested. This you MUST NOT fall to. SHINE UR EYE!

+ Reply