+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Help!!! Pls i nid ur candid advice

Help!!! Pls i nid ur candid advice

Please i need your candid advice,i am an industrial chemistry graduate and i av admissn in d uk 2 either study resources and environmental engineering wt d university of nottingham or water and environmental engineering wt d university of surrey guildford. Pls i wil lyk d house 2 advice me on d 1 which wil b mor lucrative n marketable.i dnt wnt 2 mk mistakes bcos i av nt bn able 2 secure a job since i graduated n dts y i decidd 2 further, n i no very wel dt der ar alot of intellectuals in d house,dere4 ur gud and ontym advice wil b appreciatd, tnks.
    F

Re: Help!!! Pls i nid ur candid advice

Abey am not that inclined with the two courses u ve stated. But a candid advise 2 u is 2 always consider a university's ranking amongst d rest cos dis goes a long way.

In relation 2 urs, University of Nottingham is highly ranked compared to University of Surrey.Hence my advise is 2 stick wiv nottingham. But above all, commit it 2 God in prayers.

Cheers.

i am a geologist, and i wont say that qualifies me to offer professional advice on this issue but if i was in your shoes I would take resources and environmental engineering over water and environmental engineering(i didn't put into consideration the schools you mentioned though) cause the former sounds more marketable and like it encompasses the latter which might only restrict you to a particular field, but don't forget that its only a personal opinion, meanwhile best of luck with whichever one you end up with.

abey aweh am in the oil sector and i will give u the same advice the 1st guy gave u cos resources and environment is more better than water and resources so for get the school involved cos its the market availabity to sell ursef dat matter

they have said it all, i think resources and environmental engineering is better, i al so read Industrial Chemistry...., good luck man

Thanks so much 4 all ur advice,am grateful its jst dt d fees 4 resources and env. Eng. is more dan dt of water and env. Eng. Also d area(near london) were surrey(water eng) is located ,it is easier 2 get a job dere dan d oda.cos i wnt som experience b4 i com back 2 naija.tnks so much 4 d advice,pls am stil waitn 4 mor advice based on ds new post.tnks
    F

abey no problem since u no wan follow advice go red water and environment ok,but make sure u dnt come bak to nigeria cos u will employ ursef by digging bore holes,guys re telling u d importance of resourse and environment cos its similar to geology which can fetch u job well a word is enough for a wise child

Abey, if I were u, I wont hesistate but to go ahead & study Resources and environmental Engineering. I believe u've more chances of making it here. Gud luk

Thanks
    F

Abey, I lived in the UK for over 3 years before coming back home after my studies.......my candid advice! pls leave SURREY alone, its a very expensive town, more expensive than London. Its like living in Maitama or Akpo quarters in Abuja. I bet you wouldn't be able to foot your bills in that town......The town is designated for the big boys that work with the oil & gas industry/ big companies......best of luck mate

All said and talked about, please find out God's perfect will and follow it, there are many experienced and qualified engineers without a job, so its not your qualification that matters, you can hala at me on 08036459855

Abey, I lived in the UK for over 3 years before coming back home after my studies.......my candid advice! pls leave SURREY alone, its a very expensive town, more expensive than London. Its like living in Maitama or Akpo quarters in Abuja. I bet you wouldn't be able to foot your bills in that town......The town is designated for the big boys that work with the oil & gas industry/ big companies......best of luck mate
    [/quote]
    @ caledonia,wt do u mean by The town is designated for the big boys that work with the oil & gas industry/ big companies.
    Is it oil guys 4rm naija or d pple dt ar workn in d oil sector in d uk
    F

listen to me from someone who knows the university of surrey has far more resources than nottingham university and they will give you more links after graduation than most uk universities.so take that of surrey for your own good. i am a beneficiary.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast