+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: GE calling - Careers in GE Nigeria Event, Lagos 2010

tj

GE calling - Careers in GE Nigeria Event, Lagos 2010

Dear ,

i got a mail that i have been shortlisted to attend the Careers in GE Nigeria Event, Lagos 2010.
    Does anyone have ideas of what it entails,is this their recruitment process.
    Answers needed as soon as possible.

Re: GE calling - Careers in GE Nigeria Event, Lagos 2010

@tj.it is not recruitment perse.it is just away of enlighting d public on hw u can get a place in GE. knowing their business.u can use d opportunity to make a contact with d big shot,infact it is career development symposium prog.(interraction session galore.) utilise d day broda man.enjoy

DKB

when did you apply and what position did you apply for. I applied a month go for field service position. Thank you. Wishing you all round success.

tj

@2connxion
    This is the job information i applied for.

Job Number CareersInNigeria
    Business GE Corporate
    Business Segment Corporate Human Resources.

About Us GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging and plastics, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 300,000 people worldwide.

Posted Position Title Careers In Nigeria

Location Nigeria

City Lagos, Port Harcourt, Onne

Role Summary/Purpose Career Event, Nigeria - Grow Your Career with GE

Essential Responsibilities: We are looking for top talent to join over 200 unique employees in Nigeria. There are opportunities in our Lagos, Port Harcourt and Onne offices. Even if we may not have a specific job for you today, we are interested in your expertise for tomorrow. Whether you're a seasoned executive or just launching your career, build your potential at GE from engineering to project management and sales to account management.
    We offer opportunities around the globe in Engineering, Field Services, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Logistics, Operations, EHS, Information Technology, Human Resources, Project Management and other professional services in all GE businesses such as Energy Services, Oil and Gas, Power and Water, Healthcare, Transport, etc.

As actual openings become available, you may be contacted to discuss a potential opportunity.

We also encourage you to visit our website at www.jobs.gecareers.com and sign up for a job agent so you can receive information on specific positions that match your interests.

At our career event, you will be able to get to know more about our GE businesses, have the chance to learn what we offer our employees in GE and get to know leadership team members of our company.

Above all, the event offers a great opportunity to network and meet with GE leaders and employees.

Qualifications/Requirements Specific opportunities will list appropriate requirements as they are posted.

Please include your contact email address and phone number in your application so we can send you an invite for the career event.

Desired Characteristics Specific opportunities will list appropriate requirements as they are posted

Please let the house know if it is a Job fair, so we can attend and also benefit

@UC Neky -ITs a Jobfair and its in lagos, its strictly by invite most times but maybe if you getlucky they might let u in. They will be some form of instant recruitment for some positions and some units will just take your cv. all d bestxx

Are there going to be interviews there? Are these contract or Permanent positions? What are their pay like?

@ Golden777 - They will be conducting some interviews there, for which positions i do not know but certainly they will be interviewing. I also do not knw whether contract or permanent, but GE is a good place to work.

The concern now is what and how will the interview go, will it be oral. Wat will be the area of concentration. I know it is a good place.

tj

@ presidking,
    are u invited for the event?

I also got d mail.
    From d tone of the advert and the mail they sent, I think they will be conducting some interviews after/during the event (... just my thoughts oooo)
    Anybody with info on how d interview will be like should please let us know.

tj

@Texa1,
    i got the mail as well,can i have ur mobile number ,so we can talk at lenght. mine is : 08060484030

@tj. is there anything hidden under d sun? i got d messg too.dis is open forum.lets talk way forward guy

+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast