+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By solidarehome
  • 1 Post By solidarehome

Topic: Dragnet Personality Tests-The question behind the question (brainstorm)

Lightbulb Dragnet Personality Tests-The question behind the question (brainstorm)

Fellow NHJs, even though we have been told there is no 'right or wrong' answers in a personality test, we all know that it isnt entirely true. 'consistency is the key ' they say, but we know that you can be consistently wrong too. The fact is that no personality question is a literal question; there is always a question behind the question. for example consider this 'I know someone who has taken what belong to others without their permission' (Yes,/No). even though by trying to be honest most of us will answer 'yes', consider this question behind that question ' I hang out with thieves' (Y/N), then you know that no company wants to employ anyone who admits to that..catch my drift?
    The purpose of this thread is to brainstorm on the questions behind the dragnet personality questions, identify what they are really after and argue for or against particular answers. the idea is not to convince someone of the right answer but to get someone else to consider that question from a different angle that they have not thought about before. From my experience, whether you pass a personality test or not depends on how you tailor your answers to suit the position you are applying for. If for example they want someone with good leadership attributes, it will be suicidal to say you are quiet, don't like presenting or never take risks.
    so, my suggestion is that we identify 'key' questions in the dragnet personality test (DPT), suggest what we think question behind the question is, then justify our answers. If you disagree, you give your reasons, and we might get to see things from a different angle and add it to our knowledge base. the more the merrier! I will start with a question on my next post.
    Wealth, Love and Happiness will flow naturally to me on a consistent basis...

Re: Dragnet Personality Tests-The question behind the question (brainstorm)

I don’t exactly remember the question numbers (as I am trying to recall from memory J), but I’ll paraphrase and spread them apart as it is usually done.(even if you have the actual questions I highly suggest you do same, as I don’t want anyone to infringe any known or unknown copyrights)

1)
    I give up/forgo/sacrifice quality for speed; OPTIONS; a) Sometimes b) never.

I personally think (I may be wrong) that the question here is not whether you are a perfectionist or your attitude to quality. I think they want to know how flexible you are, because sometimes you are expected to make decisions when under pressure..if you are inflexible you may not be able to adapt a solution that immediately solves the problem.

My answer to this has always been SOMETIMES. Because i know that in real life that decision depends on the particular context. If i say 'Never' , I will be inflexible regardless of the context. to support my answer, and because this is what I think they are asking about, my answer to the following questions follow the same tone...

65) If your presentation is not up to you usual standard and you have to deliver it to a senior staff tomorrow, will you
    a) reschedule the meeting to another day so as to make the presentation perfect
    b) deliver it like that
    My answer is b..deliver like that and make the best of it. in this context i sacrifice quality for speed.

15) If your product is not yet up to the standard of quality you would normally want, will you still put it in the market to beat your competitors on speed? Yes/NO.
    I answer No because if for example we are talking about a new drug, launching it b4 all its effect are known could kill a lot of people. so my answer is No. overal I still am consistent in all 3 questions because i said am flexible and have shown in which contexts i could be flexible.

Like I said, i have passed and failed different personality tests, so this isnt necessarily the correct answer, but i'll like to hear a different view or a supporting one

Good topic u raise bro, and i must say that your reasoning is very much in tandem wiv mine... And very correct.
    You are very correct that consistency is crucial, yet even in being consistent, you must'nt shoot yourself in the foot.
    At times you may have to sway off your line of consistency inorder to be realistic. There are certain questions amongst them that are called 'lie detector' questions.

Suffice it to conclude that even wiv ur excellent deal of consistency, if you answer those very few questions wrongly, you automatically fail the personality test.

So be smart, consistent and reasonably realistic.
    This na my own input o0!
    I hail the Can do and d full house
    Can Do likes this.

U guys are gud, but pls, How can one read and pass dragnet exam? Pls i've written many of there tests and nothing for mi, i've another nxt week tuesday. Pls house! Kudos to u all

yes o, d exam is really a hurdle, personality test has alwayz been a piece of cake for me. If we can get the secrets of the exam it will be better... E.g like past questns, possibility of negative markings etc

yes o, d exam is really a hurdle, personality test has alwayz been a piece of cake for me. If we can get the secrets of the exam it will be better... E.g like past questns, possibility of negative markings etc

The fellow that posted those questions on this open forum is a misguided individual.
    This is proprietary material, and not one to be copied or distributed in anyway, not especially in an open forum.
    Admin would be careful enough to expeditiously yank off that post. It's in the best interest of NHJ...

P.s: I m sure a deal of individuals would possess this material albeit illicitly, but they've found it reasonable to desist from just pasting it here, even a deft paraphrasing of the questions b4 its pasting wouldn't have been altogether amiss. It would have been a lot better.

Plz take note!
    Can Do likes this.

@Lectura, if you read post #2, you will see that it was explicitly suggested that even if you have the actual material, it shouldnt be pasted here for copyright reasons. its ok to paraphrase or recall from memory (*wink*) but not verbatim. well its done, but i agree wit soliderhome that admin removes it. you can email to anyone who PMs you for it.

@malquisoft and Eby4me, you guys do have a point, but this is not the right thread (as the name suggests), we might have to create a different thread for it. However, you can share your secret to always passing the Personality test here for others to understand how you address the questions.And remember,just because you were invited to the next stage after writing the personality test doesnt mean you passed it. As those who did the Total or Mearsk stages can tell you, they only used it after your first interview.So after passing the aptitude test and first interview, they screen those who did not pass the personality test written at the very begining off, before proceeding with the remaining for the second interview.

will any body in its right mind post these questions here? In your attempt to 'help' , you are doing more harm than good. please Admin should delete it ASAP.

Where is admin when u need 'em... Well sha, its 4 the gud of d site, wetin concern me.. If it had been PM-ed to desirers, it wuld hav been better!

OK guys. the material has been removed by a moderator. Lets proceed with our brainstorm.

So if being moved from a lower department to a higher one will get you disliked by your colleagues will you refuse or accept it. Why?

pls can som1 mail me a sample test question "dragnet", got called 4 a test 2day that will be taking place 2morro, my email: [email protected]

@can do nice work, i ve being wondering 2 if there actually no rite or wrong ans and also d idea behinde dose question. I realy apreciate it, ur lesson is noted and has improve my knowlegde concerning personality questns. If u ve any additional advise u can pm pls. To d rest of u i tink som of us are being 2 harsh on cando and misintrepreted his intention even d "dragnet" dey nt born wit d knowledge, dey acquired it (including d app test )either paid 4 or not. at least i ve seen som of deir questns in som website(word 4 word,numba 4 numba, etc) so lets nt crucify dem 4 trying 2 help som pple.

+ Reply