+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Topic: Is dragnet assessment justified? Drop a vote!

Is dragnet assessment justified? Drop a vote!

Recently, there has been complains about irregularities in exams conducted by Dragnet, especially in the area of Exam Malpractice. From Wite-papers being seen in PH and Abuja prior to exam dates, to Mobil Aptitude test questions leaking in Lagos which lead to cancellation and re-writing of the Mobil test. The Question now is: What do you think about Dragnet continuity in conduct of Aptitude Tests for Companies?

Go and sleep young man and stop heating up d system

Re: Is dragnet assessment justified? Drop a vote!

Please you people should let this dragnet issue go abeg! The only questions I believe should be raised are :
    1. The issue of candidates (unemployed) travelling long distance to test centres without any consideration. You call them jobless graduates (No money) and yet expect them to come from far to take tests only for the tests to be cancelled.
    2. The issue of taking tests during weekdays. I believe weekends should be better. It's not easy taking flimsy excuses everyday from the office (where you are being paid peanuts) to take a test that you are not sure of its transparency only for you to lose the job you are 'managing' due to your regular absence as your supervisor or boss will see you as unserious.
    3.The issue of online tests. Once upon a time, tests used to be taken online in the confort of your home, office or cybercafe without spending more than necessary, why has that stopped?. Graduates/job seekers did not have to travel from Kano to Abuja, Edo to PortHarcourt or worse still Maiduguri to Lagos,dodging plane crashes, car accidents, night bus robberies e.t.c to write a test you can do at home.
    Mcnepow likes this.

I think some fundamental questions, exclusive to dragnet, need to be asked.Is it true that dragnet's questions are leaked as being rumoured in some quarters?Do some candidates have the real questions and probably answers before the tests?If answers to the questions earlier asked are positive,then,I think we,the youth(the leaders of tomorrow) should not shy away from the truth by hiding under the pretence of "not heating up the polity".Obviously,the atmosphere will not be the same again for all the applicants,when some had already seen the questions before the tests.
    @ Kevoh,the points you made were not out of place,but I think they are not peculiar to Dragnet: most other recruiting firms behave similarly.In conclusion, I think Dragnet needs to step up their game and do the needful.If graduates who actually worked hard to make First Class,Second Class Upper,Distinction or Upper Credit cannot be confident enough to go for aptitude tests without relying on 'expos',then the quality of the grade leaves so much to ponder about.However,some may not totally subscribe to seeking for leaked questions, but since other brilliant but smart guys have chosen to outsmart their co-brilliant colleagues,they(the brilliant and transparent ) too have decided not to be left behind.No wonder,Emenike the Bird was once asked why it is always on its wings and it answered,"Since men have learnt to shoot without missing,it has also learnt to fly without perching."Many thanks to Chinua Achebe.My opinion,Dragnet should be intimated that their questions are leaked and with some job seekers .Now,if Dragnet continues to use the already leaked questions,then they should be reported to the HR's of all the multinationals that hire them.This suggestion,I know may not go down well with many individuals who believe that cheating or outsmarting others is the best thing to do.Peace out.
    bigbrodanaija likes this.

@olukvvy. Nice one

@ kevoh, that type of online test won't work properly in naija cos so many people will beat the system . You will see ten people answering and solving questions meant for one person cos they want to assist him/her in getting to next stage. Unless,there is a way of monitoring how the person took his test (like a camera or if there is CCTV). So, I think it was right to stop it.
    @NDSUREMAN , please @geejay is entitled to his own opinion cos we are in a democratic system. Cheers.

I think some of the mentioned points are ok, especially the online option. Although the online tests has its own serious downsides - large-scale cheating and assistance mainly.

Cheating is common with the online tests and it really cannot be avoided. So maybe physical presence 4 tests might be better on that ground.

But as for cost, risk of travelling, inconvenience e.t.c, they are quite inevitable. The only way to aleviate them, is for them to conduct the tests on weekends just like some1 suggested. And also for them to try and pecuniarily compensate test takers a little.

About their tests, i believe the best way for dragnet to solve this challenge is for them to really increase their questions. The more questions they have, the less likely the chance of drawing previously attempted questions.

Again, they must work on their algorithm. How do u explain the fact that some candidates get 4 different passages whyl others get 2 repeated passages or sumtyms three. Thats not fair at all.

Finally, let them send us our scores as we finish the tests! That would help us know how we fared.

God go do am 4 all of us o0!

True talk my brother! They should send the score immediately the tests are completed. What will it take for your score to come up on the computer screen as you click the submit button or you exhaust your time.It's a computer for Pete's sake, program it to do that. Haba! Let people know how they have fared i.e if they failed woefully or did not meet the company's high cut-off mark despite scoring 90 percent or higher which is why they were not called.

We are the mercy of these HR consulting firms. We need to write the companies that patronize dragnet and the likes. Up till now,i don't know my Flour mills test score or if i passed the test. I emailed them,but no response.

I think Solidarehome and Oluvkky have said it all. Good points
    T

Quote Originally Posted by kevoh View Post
    True talk my brother! They should send the score immediately the tests are completed. What will it take for your score to come up on the computer screen as you click the submit button or you exhaust your time.It's a computer for Pete's sake, program it to do that. Haba! Let people know how they have fared i.e if they failed woefully or did not meet the company's high cut-off mark despite scoring 90 percent or higher which is why they were not called.
    I think you're making sense here. There are some online tests I have written (not job aptitude test). The moment you click finish, your score will display on the screen, and also shows you correct answers for the questions you failed. So transparent! As you just click exit it displays whether you passed or failed, based on the pre-determined cut-off. I think that's the only way online tests could be a bit transparent.

Yeh housemates, you guys hav reasnable points here, especially in d area of getting one's scores immidately after d test, so dat one wuld knw one's fate. I even blame d HR of som of these Multi-Nationals' for not being able to purchase programed apt.test questns softwares and conduct these tests themselves. Anyway, may God crown our efforts in these Dragnet test. But, one thng is sure, "Your Efforts Count Only When Other People's Efforts Count." Wat i mean here is dat, when u write a test by ur persnal efforts and other people see d questns in advance, then, their 99% scores wil nt allow ur EFFORTS to hav an effect. All d say, let's believe in God of miracle, there is nothng TOO IMPOSSIBLE for him to done. All d BEST!

@DonMcDes: I quite agree with you "...there is nothing TOO IMPOSSIBLE for God"

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast