+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 394 of 401 FirstFirst ... 294344384392393394395396 ... LastLast
Results 5,110 to 5,122 of 5202
Like Tree617Likes

Topic: DPR Interview; How did it go, guyz?

Re: DPR Interview; How did it go, guyz?

preparation at d climax, already searching for accomodation in my station bt i guess its gonna intensify wen i land dia for sunday. Kaduna here i come

We're counting days.God will guide us thru.SS6 is level what guys?

@ all how prepared are we for the resumption?

@ PH newly engaged staffs a big shout out to you all; how dey go dey go??

count down

having successfully handed over to my boss yesterday. i am fully ready for dpr now. Monday here we come
    Dennis Bergkamp likes this.

i resigned yesterday and oh how they miss me
    na misses i go chop?
    monday here we come!

bb1

Once again , congratulations on your appointments at DPR and have a successful resumption .

Quote Originally Posted by JAJAMARK View Post
    Remember that my calculation of your assertion means your current salary is N8.5m. In what telecom coy pls?
    I know they pay upto and more than that,but to who?How many years of experience?
    I tell you the people paid that amount in the best paying telecom coy will likely not qualify to apply for a GT job in DPR.I mean they are in their 30's.
    Please you have a point by comparing your salary with the N1.7m being offered,but do not exaggerate it.
    Someone was offered a job in NNPC with N3.54m salary when the person was already at N6.5m.
    The offer was nearly rejected if not that he found out what value was attached to 'other allowances'.
    Enjoy!
    Guy you are in money- N8.5m. I tell you DPR allowances for a graduate level SG 7 or what ever is not up to N3.5million. think about promotion. why many years does someone get promoted at DPR. N3m plus 1.7m is equals to N4.7M compared to N8.5m. You should be thinking of how to make more money work for your self. i work with an oil company and i am receiving N5m as my package. promotion is every 2-3yrs and increment of salary is every year at 10% for basic salary. Your telcoms offer is far better that DPR. Think of how to increase your level of finance and not be a golden worker all your life.
    neymar likes this.
    Hope to smile one day

Guys! hw ar we preparing for 2moro? I pray may Allah bless the offer for us and make us have successful careers as DPR staff.

Quote Originally Posted by JAJAMARK View Post
    Remember that my calculation of your assertion means your current salary is N8.5m. In what telecom coy pls?
    I know they pay upto and more than that,but to who?How many years of experience?
    I tell you the people paid that amount in the best paying telecom coy will likely not qualify to apply for a GT job in DPR.I mean they are in their 30's.
    Please you have a point by comparing your salary with the N1.7m being offered,but do not exaggerate it.
    Someone was offered a job in NNPC with N3.54m salary when the person was already at N6.5m.
    The offer was nearly rejected if not that he found out what value was attached to 'other allowances'.
    Enjoy!
    Thanks for the response.
    Well, I presently work for the No 1 telecom vendor in the world. We presently install, maintain and service equipments on MTN and Airtel in Nigeria. I have about 6 years working experience and this is my 3rd Multinational I've worked for. When you switch in this industry it comes with big increments (sometimes 100%) if you can bargain well with HR. I also have an MBA. Trust me, a lot of people earn more than that in telecoms. It only depends on the company.
    As at the time we applied for DPR three years ago, I wasn't qualified for the experienced hire which mandated 5 years. But now and at mid-manager lever, it is a big difficult crossing over to Warri for a 1.7m guaranteed job. We are all not sure of the extras I guess, So only the 1.7m stands as guaranteed pay. I even heard overseas training no too dey dey like that except you are stationed in Lagos where you can be close to the ogas.
    And of course, I'm in my 30's.

Maybe I should attend the induction first and see how it turns out before I resign.
    Thanks anyway.

@Dammytex. The sum total you will receive annually is definitely more than 1.7m. A better estimate is 5.5+/- 0.2 million, by the time allowances are added (that is, after tax). So think in view of that.
    With someone of your pedigree and experience, I don't think you should leave your present job. Instead, become an expert in the telecoms industry and earn good pay. Though I know a lot of factors come into pay e.g. job security, aura of working with DPR, ability to rub shoulders with IOCs, overseas training (courtesy of IOCs though not all staffs enjoy this in DPR), internal politics (even in DPR!!), working condition, work-life balance, etc. All these factors, positive or negative, are important considerations.
    Promotion comes in DPR after every 3 years (on the average) and it will take you at least 15 to 18 years to get to managerial level (assuming you start with SS6).
    Decision still lies with you. I just gave you some info that will help you decide.

Yours Sincerely Dennis Bergkamp is live in Warri after having resumed. So far so good, we are all moving on well. funny guys! Believe me when I say that some of us behave just like we do in this forum. We sabi argue! Warri new DPR staff Area!!!
    I was asked to inform those yet to resume to do so immediately cos they might lose their positions or have a difficult time catching up with others. Lots of love.
    D. Bergkamp

lets all identify ourselves

+ Reply