+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Dangote cement interview ibese, ogun state

Dangote cement interview ibese, ogun state

I have been invited for an interview at dongote cement. Could anyone in the house honestly give a hint on the pay structure?...This is not a trainee position. Leaving my job on monday for yhe interview outside lagos is a big gamble.

Thanks for your anticipated useful hints!

Francis.

Re: Dangote cement interview ibese, ogun state

100+, I have friends working with other dangote subsdies for fresh graduate around 80k-85, u can high above 100k

@Engineer Francis, I was also invited for the interview. Which position were you called for?
    A friend of mine working in their Ikorodu plant said their pay is based on negotiation and your negotiation skills. It is not rigid at all and the pay also depends on the certificate you are entering with. For that my friend, he holds a technical school certificate though experienced and his pay is around 65k. So, which position where you called for?

the position should be for process engineer...experienced...100k plus?...not even up to 250-300k?..plsss can somebody advice? tanx..

fresh graduate in obajana cement collect up to 120k
    A

good info...tanx Ojumoaya..some motivation there to attend d interview...will not accept less than 300k!

The position i applied for in Dangote Cement, Ibese was a Logistics Officer position advertised in the second week of January, 2010. In that said advert, three positions were advertised and they were Logistics Officer, Inventory Officer and Relations Officer. I don't know if there was another advert apart from that. Applicants were directed to send a passport photograph and their CV to [email protected]. If there was another advert after this, please any informed member of the house should please enlighten me so that i don't prepare amiss.

@Francis,
    I doubt that pay you are envisaging, my friend that works in Dangote Ikorodu plant said their CHIEF ENGINEER earns a little above 200k. Try and improve on your research on their pay package

hmmmm...tanx bro! Ibese is such a far journey from lagos i am told...the risks, plus absenting from work on a monday makes it look gloomy....leaving the oil & gas sector for a paltry salary is a bad risk...i have fears...

i am also invited for the test but i can't get a hold of what i applied then

I recieved a text for interview on tue 5/04/2011 at ibese but cnt recollect when i applied and the position i applied for. Does anybody invited for such next tue? I will like to knw the position they are calling for. Pls appreciate any useful info. 08098102121. Framod.

its probably for junior engineer, master ur cv very well and little knowledge of cement manufacture + current affairs. it wasnt a tensed up inteview session for dose of us dat had it early dis week. God's grace, ultimate....

Quote Originally Posted by Framod View Post
    I recieved a text for interview on tue 5/04/2011 at ibese but cnt recollect when i applied and the position i applied for. Does anybody invited for such next tue? I will like to knw the position they are calling for. Pls appreciate any useful info. 08098102121. Framod.
    decoded is right. keep ur brains full with cement production processes and an in-depth knowledge of ur discipline.u shld be familiar with terms like crusher, raw mill, kiln, clinker, gypsum, cement mill, highgrade and most importantly CaCO3 the raw material which is limestone. the current affairs part is just to test ur general knowledge. that's like 10% of the score sheet. u most probably sent ur credentials last month 2 '*something*[email protected]'. and with the new salary scale, the pay is within 80-105k for freshers. give them a range to play safe. ibese is 1-1/2hrs from lagos and even less from iyana ipaja, abule-egba or sango. board a vehicle to ilaro new garage(or split the journey to sango/ifo then ilaro for speed sake).another route is to/from abeokuta, alight papa(pronounced 'kpakpa'), then take a N100cab 2 ilaro. then pick a bike(N100) or cab N70 to dangote. Goodluck.

I was at dangote ibese plant yesterday for interview. interview came up after waiting till 12.30pm beside the stress and isolated environment. For those that doesnt know when n what they applied for. D advert was on 8/02/2011 guardian dat stated AGM, MGR, ASST MGR, SENIOR ENGR, DEPUTY ENGR, ASSR ENGR, JUNIOR ENGR, N SOON. SENT TO [email protected]. within 7 days with passport. i spy this from somebody dat came for desame interview. best of luck.

+ Reply