+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Conoil

Conoil

Dear House please does anybody have an insight to what the mkting in Conoil is like, how much they are likely to pay and what operations they undergo

Re: Conoil

the pay is OK. why r u askig?

@Joebexy dont be fooled by anybody that tells u d pay is ok....You av 2options either u r coming in as fresher or xperienced. If its d former be assured that d pay might b around 1.2m&if u r lucky u could be ungraded in marketing/any other department but if its the later be rest assured that u go get gud pay if they feel u are needed
    Abt working there as a marketer well if it's career path u want to build in dat its ok for u but it comes with lots of setbacks trust me but the name if boost u if u want to move next tyme.
    From me to u if u av other options apart from conoil pls take it but if u dont well it will provide food 4ur table
    You need not ask if i work there i guess u shud know with al dis info and everybody i know dat r in level wants 2leave.

All the best fellas we shall get there.
    YNOO.

@ mr Rookie thanks a lot with ur info, its gud vin som 1 to seek advice n direction frm.

@ Mr Rookie thanks a million for ur info, its gud to have guys like u to seek info frm. But i still want 2 knw what their mktin is all abt, does it include mktin Lubricants, or only pet. Products.

@Joebexy the company in question is downstream but 4d upstream i dont know how it work.
    Marketin there is in 3departments
    1.Retail
    2.Reseller and 3. Industrial.
    If u fall in retail u will handle d gas statns(white products),lub in d stations etc . 2. This deals with only lubricant everywhere except gas stations. and 3. As to do with industries selling lubes to them and there's another person dat will manage selling of white products to them.
    There's no structure there but if u are experienced d pay may structure ur pocket but if u a graduate dat want to work in marketin line am sure u can face d challenges there but i'ill tel u 2go start sumwhere else 1st if u can.

@ynoo. Thanks Bro 4 ut detailed explanation, but y re u still hammering on my starting som where else as a fresh grad, because i am begining 2 get puzzled

gzl

@Joebexy: you have heard the bitter truth form @ynoo. In Conoil (likewise Glo & Etb- d entire Mike Adenuga Group), there's no future for your career as a fresh graduate. You can remain on ur starting salary(& even position) for as long as 5years (even more) without any review or promotion. It's better for you to come in as experienced then you'll hav the right to negotiate ur salary. Also ur salary could be instantly reviewed whenever you threaten to resign (provided they feel your experience & contribution is invaluable to them). I speak from my own personal experience with dem. I stayed with dem for only 3 months (I tendered my resignation after the 2nd month wit 1month notice) and they offered to review/increase my salary even though I entered as a fresher.
    It's only advisable dat you accept watever they're offering you if you don't hav any other better offer for now.
    Also, I'ld like you to be prepared so it won't come to you as a shocker dat your offer letter will not bear "Conoil Plc" but probably "CONPETRO LTD" cos dat's part of their gimicks & fraud (even in Glo)...
    "You don't win the Silver, You only lose the Gold"...ENGR-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION (1ST)

@GZL:Ah I'm surprised ur still on dis forum O!..It actually took a thread on Conoil 2 bring u outa hibernation..LOL..Those guys sef & their Big Names

@GZL, seems ages we've heard from you. I hope u representing us well over there. Wishing you all the best....cheers

gzl
    U and all the guys like oilprince et all that where active during ur era r all in hibernation now. I wonder what it will take 2 bring each 1 back.
    17th Wonder of the World

gzl

@Cipha: this forum is not only for Jobless graduates, but it's a place where we can also share information with one another, whether you already have a job or not. It's just that I've been so busy at work that I hardly have time to come online but I try as much as possible to skim thru the site once in a while.

@yhemy4life: really missed you guys too...Hope you're good? Cheers

@Akan A1: we (myself, Oilprince et all) are always around, we never left...
    "You don't win the Silver, You only lose the Gold"...ENGR-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION (1ST)

@gzl-I know its not easy dropping by to know what up and running in NHJ esp after you get hooked up with a job, but for me, i still try to 2give it a shot for at least 2hrs/day.

Anyways i understand that work schedule might not be compactible with NHJ schedule but we cld still drop a note each time we visit. NHJ needs you.

least i foget, Where is ufuoma77...............na wa for PWC ooh....make them release our guy nah?

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast