Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Topic: Cadbury calling for Aptitude test

Re: Cadbury Nigeria Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2011

It comprises 3 sections in this particular order:

Verbal reasoning
    Quantitative reasoning
    Critical reasoning

The verbal reasoning part consists of 5 short passages. Each passage has 4 questions based on its contents. This part lasts for 17 minutes.

The quantitative reasoning part is similar in structure to the verbal part. It comprises 5 bar chart / pie chart / line graph / table. Each has 4 questions based on its contents. This part lasts for 17 minutes too.

The critical reasoning section lasts for 15 minutes and consists of 16 questions. Sample questions can be found on the GSE website.

Now to the tips- I have classified these into 2 categories namely: pre-test and during test tips

Pre-Test Tips

1. Prepare for the exam using computer-based materials i.e. COMPUTER ADAPTIVE PRACTICE TESTS. This is very important. Paper-based practice questions are not that effective. These materials could be software on CDs that can either play on the CD or installed as a program. I would recommend Arco Master the GMAT CD by Thomson Peterson. It comes with the textbook.

2. Polish up rusty math skills with suitable GMAT texts. This is because the quantitative reasoning questions are just secondary school mathematics/statistics!

3. Go to the examination hall with a calculator and a sheet of paper for they are useful for the quantitative section.
    4. After all these, believe in yourself that you will pass well.

During-Test Tips

1. Don’t get stuck on a question. If you have no idea of the answer, leave it blank and move on to the next question by clicking on Next tab. You can’t afford to spend too much time on any problem. Remember you can always go back to the skipped questions provided your time is not up.
    2. Guesswork is not advisable. DO NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS YOU DO NOT KNOW AS THERE IS NEGATIVE MARKING. THE SCORING IS SUCH THAT THE NUMBER OF QUESTIONS ANSWERED INCORRECTLY IS SUBTRACTED FROM THE NUMBER OF QUESTIONS CORRECTLY ANSWERED. The result is divided by the total number of questions in the particular section and then expressed as a percentage. The average of the percentage scores obtained in the 3 sections is the overall score.
    3. Remain calm, cool and composed all through the duration of the test. Never panic.

Thanks for the info and God bless.

@jadebaba, nice details bruv, u deserve a medal. But one quick question plz, : is it a fact that they do negative marking? Are u entirely sure of dat! And to add 2 what he has said, for the verbal, note that you ld be asked to select two most correct options and not one.. Goodluck peeps, and remember dat its all about speed!

Please guys can one who is serving apply for the job? Cos i wl be rounding up early nxt yr, so just wanted to give a try!

Hi all,

I guess the job link has been removed.

I tried applying and I was able to create my profile but when I did not find the link to the GT 2011 role.

Is anyone else facing that challenge?

It was state here that the role will be open for two weeks.

I need your responses

Thank you

Good one indeed by Jadebaba , we shall be waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Bamigee1 View Post
    Hi all,

I guess the job link has been removed.

I tried applying and I was able to create my profile but when I did not find the link to the GT 2011 role.

Is anyone else facing that challenge?

It was state here that the role will be open for two weeks.

I need your responses

Thank you
    i perfectly did my own just now
    u can re enter thr new e mail add

Thanks a lot. I am doing that straight-away!

Quote Originally Posted by oyinbolaji View Post
    i perfectly did my own just now
    u can re enter thr new e mail add
    Dear Oyin,

I just realized the page is back, I never knew I was just a click away from achieving my aim.

Thank you Oyin and all forum members

Cadbury, there i go...

BUO

when will these guys start long-listing for aptitude test

guy u too much....tnx alot

Quote Originally Posted by jadebaba View Post
    It comprises 3 sections in this particular order:

Verbal reasoning
    Quantitative reasoning
    Critical reasoning

The verbal reasoning part consists of 5 short passages. Each passage has 4 questions based on its contents. This part lasts for 17 minutes.

The quantitative reasoning part is similar in structure to the verbal part. It comprises 5 bar chart / pie chart / line graph / table. Each has 4 questions based on its contents. This part lasts for 17 minutes too.

The critical reasoning section lasts for 15 minutes and consists of 16 questions. Sample questions can be found on the GSE website.

Now to the tips- I have classified these into 2 categories namely: pre-test and during test tips

Pre-Test Tips

1. Prepare for the exam using computer-based materials i.e. COMPUTER ADAPTIVE PRACTICE TESTS. This is very important. Paper-based practice questions are not that effective. These materials could be software on CDs that can either play on the CD or installed as a program. I would recommend Arco Master the GMAT CD by Thomson Peterson. It comes with the textbook.

2. Polish up rusty math skills with suitable GMAT texts. This is because the quantitative reasoning questions are just secondary school mathematics/statistics!

3. Go to the examination hall with a calculator and a sheet of paper for they are useful for the quantitative section.
    4. After all these, believe in yourself that you will pass well.

During-Test Tips

1. Don’t get stuck on a question. If you have no idea of the answer, leave it blank and move on to the next question by clicking on Next tab. You can’t afford to spend too much time on any problem. Remember you can always go back to the skipped questions provided your time is not up.
    2. Guesswork is not advisable. DO NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS YOU DO NOT KNOW AS THERE IS NEGATIVE MARKING. THE SCORING IS SUCH THAT THE NUMBER OF QUESTIONS ANSWERED INCORRECTLY IS SUBTRACTED FROM THE NUMBER OF QUESTIONS CORRECTLY ANSWERED. The result is divided by the total number of questions in the particular section and then expressed as a percentage. The average of the percentage scores obtained in the 3 sections is the overall score.
    3. Remain calm, cool and composed all through the duration of the test. Never panic.
    thanks for the info bro. Pls What is the GSE website and wot do d questions under critical reasoning look like?

+ Reply
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast