+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Cable and Wireless Worldwide Graduate Recruitment for 2011

Cable and Wireless Worldwide Graduate Recruitment for 2011

My People How una dey, Long time? As for me I dey like Dele and I don begin dey look for greener pasture and na my search come produce this info wey I want share with una:

Thanks for your interest in the Cable&Wireless Worldwide Engineering Graduate Scheme. We are now open for applications. Please read through the data declaration below, and then click on "Apply" to be redirected to our application form. Please be aware that the closing date for applications is Friday 28th January 2011.
    Who are we?

Cable&Wireless Worldwide is one of the best performing telecom companies in the world and a market leader in the delivery of business critical communications. We work with some of the largest users of telecoms including; Tesco, National Grid, AT&T, Aviva, Morrisons, Centrica and the UK Government.

Cable&Wireless Worldwide respects your privacy and takes it responsibilities regarding the security of your information very seriously. Cable&Wireless Worldwide is committed to providing a professional, valuable and personalised service whilst safeguarding the privacy of the individuals it deals with.
    What we do with the information?

Any information that you supply during the recruitment process, will be used solely by Cable&Wireless Worldwide to determine your suitability for the role, you have applied for, as well as for general management and research purposes, where your data will anonymous.

If your application is unsuccessful, we will keep your details for a period of 12 months for positions in the United Kingdom and unless you advise us otherwise, we will use the information you have provided to contact you if a suitable position becomes available during this period. Certain Cable&Wireless Communications Companies outside of Europe, the United States and Japan may adopt separate Privacy practices that will only apply to personal data collected from individuals who are not located in Europe, the United States or Japan.
    What other information we will collect about you?

As part of our commitment to safeguarding the personal information of our business and our customers, all our colleagues are subject to certain employment related checks. So, if we offer you employment at Cable&Wireless Worldwide then, depending on your role, you may be subject to criminal record and other security checks; you will be provided with more information about what will be required at interview.

You will also be asked to provide us with three years of business references, two forms of ID and proof that you are entitled to work in the UK.
    Who do I contact for more information?

If you would like to understand more about how we use your information as part of our recruitment process or wish to change any of the personal information you believe we hold about you, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
    Your declaration

By submitting an application to us, you are acknowledging that you have read and understood the preceding requirements. If you are submitting an application on behalf of another person, we strongly advise that prior to doing so you make them aware of this statement and obtain their written consent.

I agree that the information I am providing is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any misrepresentation, omission or false statement may be cause for rejection or later dismissal. I understand that this online application process is functionally equivalent to providing my signature.

you can reach this site for details:

http://www.cw.com/gradu8-how-to-apply/

All the best my country jobbers

Re: Cable and Wireless Worldwide Graduate Recruitment for 2011

Job Details

Engineering Graduate Scheme

Ref 08146-F
    Location Bracknell
    Job role Engineering

Job Description

WHAT ARE WE ALL ABOUT?

Cable&Wireless Worldwide has a history stretching back more than 100 years. Throughout this time we’ve constantly evolved, adapting to the needs of a changing communications marketplace.

Today, we’re one of the best performing telecom companies in the world and a market leader in the delivery of business critical communications. We work with some of the largest users of telecoms including; Tesco, National Grid, AT&T, Aviva, Morrisons, Centrica and the UK Government.

Our promise is to create a new way for our customers - a way focused on engaging with them differently, delivering brilliant service and brilliant value and a way that helps them achieve their business aims.

We recognise that the only way we can build on our success and deliver on our promise to our customers is through talented people - they're our most important investment and our key point of differentiation - and we treat them as such!

Requirements

Overall role Purpose

Our graduate scheme for engineers is a two-year vocational programme designed to give you the competencies required to gain Chartered Engineer status, and provide the necessary motivation and capabilities to fully contribute to and influence new technical and network developments that are business critical. You’ll complete six four-month technical placements within the organisation (including possible overseas postings), including technical, business and competency training courses, which will also allow you to establish a useful network of contacts. And at the end of the scheme you’ll be offered a permanent placement in an established technical area of the business.

KEY Accountabilities

The Graduate Scheme is designed to provide participants with the opportunities and support to enable individuals to build a successful career at Cable & Wireless. It is the Graduates’ responsibility to make the most of these opportunities by remaining committed, flexible and using initiative. In a rapidly changing business environment the Graduate is expected to:
    · Maintain the desire to continually learn and develop themselves.
    · Keep up to date with developments in the industry, the company and their profession.
    · Ensure they gain a full understanding of the function of the departments where placements are undertaken.
    · Proactively source second, third and fourth placements from options available
    · Register as a CEng candidate for Professional Development
    · Complete Professional Development Record whilst they are on the Graduate Scheme
    · Assist in the smooth running of the Graduate Scheme by adhering to the scheme specific processes described on this site.
    · Participate in activities organised for the graduate population and organise graduate forums
    · Attend conferences, forums and focus groups, adhere to deadlines set by the scheme and turn up to meetings on time
    · Act as an ambassador for the Graduate Scheme at all times
    · Be active in improving personal business effectiveness

technical competencies (Skills and Experience)

Essential
    · IT or Telecoms related IET accredited Degree (or equivalent) 2:2 or above
    · Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
    · A desire to start a career in telecommunications

Desirable

· Previous experience within a telecommunications environment
    · Educated to Masters degree level or equivilent in a telecoms or IT related subject

(You can find out more about this opportunity in the Graduate Section on our website - www.cw.com/gradu8)

Click here to apply for this job Click here to apply for this job
    Email these job details to a friend Email these job details to a friend

Back to search results Back to search results

http://gs6.globalsuccessor.com/fe/tp...ms=jj&id=61321

is like.it is meant for UK Based only

Yes ooo ... Its uk based nly ... Cos its nt easy 2 gt wrk permit oo ... Na serious long tin oo

It doesn't harm to try

+ Reply