+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: BRISTOW HELICOPTERS (NIG.) LTD, PILOT JOB, TUESDAY 1, MARCH 2011

BRISTOW HELICOPTERS (NIG.) LTD, PILOT JOB, TUESDAY 1, MARCH 2011

BRISTOW HELICOPTERS (NIG.) LTD

Step on board with the Bristow FLYING Team

Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited, part of the Bristow group and one of the leading Helicopter Operators in Nigeria, is looking for potential Helicopter Pilots. Bristow is one of the aviation company in Nigeria that has consistently trained Nigerian Pilots over the past 30 years.

Applications are invited from suitably qualified Nigerian Nationals for training as Helicopter Pilots.
    The company will sponsor its selected candidates on a Pilot Training Scheme. Successful candidates will be employed as Pilots by Bristow in Nigeria.

QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
    Candidates should possess:-
    1. A minimum degree (2nd Class and above) from a recognized University with at least one (1) years post NYSC. Experience. Candidates with, or currently undergoing, a Commercial Pilot Licence CPL – A or H) course or, already in possession of an ICAO equivalent license, would also be considered.
    2. In addition to the above, candidates should the West African School Certificate Examination Ordinary Level (WASCE) with a minimum of five credits which must include English Language, Mathematics and Physics.

THE PERSON:
    The candidate must meet the following criteria:-
    1. Must be of Nigerian nationality
    2. Must between the ages of 22 – 28 years. No candidate will be considered aged 28 and above
    3. Fluency in, and have a proper understanding of the English Language
    4. The candidate will be expected to demonstrate a keen interest and knowledge at aviation related subjects.

METHOD OF APPLICATION
    Interested candidates should apply online with three (3) weeks from date of this publication to: [email protected] by sending as an attachment in one (1) PDF document not more than 200kbytes:-
    a. CV,
    b. WASCE & University Certificate,
    c. NYSC discharge Certificate,
    d. Birth Certificate (Sworn declaration of age will NOT be accepted) and
    e. Handwritten application addressed to:
    The General Manager, Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited, Ikeja, Lagos

Only shortlisted candidates from applications received will be acknowledged and subsequently invited

Previous applicants need not reapply

Please not that no external body or organization has been authorized by Bristow Helicopters to assist with this selection process. Anyone who deals with any external body on this election process does so at his/her own risk

Re: BRISTOW HELICOPTERS (NIG.) LTD, PILOT JOB, TUESDAY 1, MARCH 2011

hello peeps!!! has anyone tried to send his/her details to the recipient address? I have done that several times, yet wat i get is a mailer deamon( Delivery failure). Is everyone facing this challenge or it is me alone?

Quote Originally Posted by cptspiff
    BRISTOW HELICOPTERS (NIG.) LTD

Step on board with the Bristow FLYING Team

Bristow Helicopters (Nigeria) Limited, part of the Bristow group and one of the leading Helicopter Operators in Nigeria, is looking for potential Helicopter Pilots. Bristow is one of the aviation company in Nigeria that has consistently trained Nigerian Pilots over the past 30 years.

Applications are invited from suitably qualified Nigerian Nationals for training as Helicopter Pilots.
    The company will sponsor its selected candidates on a Pilot Training Scheme. Successful candidates will be employed as Pilots by Bristow in Nigeria.

QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
    Candidates should possess:-
    1. A minimum degree (2nd Class and above) from a recognized University with at least one (1) years post NYSC. Experience. Candidates with, or currently undergoing, a Commercial Pilot Licence CPL – A or H) course or, already in possession of an ICAO equivalent license, would also be considered.
    2. In addition to the above, candidates should the West African School Certificate Examination Ordinary Level (WASCE) with a minimum of five credits which must include English Language, Mathematics and Physics.

THE PERSON:
    The candidate must meet the following criteria:-
    1. Must be of Nigerian nationality
    2. Must between the ages of 22 – 28 years. No candidate will be considered aged 28 and above
    3. Fluency in, and have a proper understanding of the English Language
    4. The candidate will be expected to demonstrate a keen interest and knowledge at aviation related subjects.

METHOD OF APPLICATION
    Interested candidates should apply online with three (3) weeks from date of this publication to: [email protected] by sending as an attachment in one (1) PDF document not more than 200kbytes:-
    a. CV,

Only shortlisted candidates from applications received will be acknowledged and subsequently invited

Previous applicants need not reapply

Please not that no external body or organization has been authorized by Bristow Helicopters to assist with this selection process. Anyone who deals with any external body on this election process does so at his/her own risk

hello peeps!!! has anyone tried to send his/her details to the recipient address? I have done that several times, yet wat i get is a mailer deamon( Delivery failure). Is everyone facing this challenge or it is me alone?
    Me too... I know it's genuine, but the advert itself doesn't make sense. How does one send a handwritten application to an email address? Or are we to write it, then scan it? How cumbersome!
    And even if we were to post the application, the address itself is incomplete. Unless they want us to submit it in person.
    And another thing...
    BRISTOW HELICOPTERS (NIG.) LTDMETHOD OF APPLICATION
    a. CV,
    Are we going to scan everything, and put it in one PDF document? Only one attachment? Na wa o!
    Anyway, Let's keep on trying
    V

@ Vanessavenus. The advert makes sense.if you read the advert very well, they asked us to send options a to d as attachments to recruitment.nigeria************* in a single pdf file not more than 200kb.... it now followed by an instruction "and" handwritten application which is meant to be sent subsequently send your written application to to the address stated.(The general manager,.......) I hope this is clear.... It is mandatory that u have all your documents scanned in pdf format. If you have then in various pdf files, you can do what is called file combination. depending on the version of Acrobat you have..would give further enlightenment on this.Ive done mine already.. Good luck.

How can they expect us to upload over 6 different files to one and still be less than 200kb
    God has a plan 4 Me

Do they mean we should send our handwritten application by post or they want us to include it in the scan documents

@ Vanessavenus. The advert makes sense.if you read the advert very well, they asked us to send options a to d as attachments to recruitment.nigeria************* in a single pdf file not more than 200kb.... it now followed by an instruction "and" handwritten application which is meant to be sent subsequently send your written application to to the address stated.(The general manager,.......) I hope this is clear.... It is mandatory that u have all your documents scanned in pdf format. If you have then in various pdf files, you can do what is called file combination. depending on the version of Acrobat you have..would give further enlightenment on this.Ive done mine already.. Good luck.
    pls throw more light on how to convert my credentials to a SINGLE pdf file 'cos all my credentials are in .jpeg & .doc

Guys, though the mode of application doesn't make much sense but 2 make it clear, they want us 2 write an application and scan it with other relevant documents (i.e. degree certificate/result, NYSC cert., CV, O'level result and birth cert.) all as a single PDF document, d single pdf doc. should be attached 2 a mail and sent 2 the e-mail address.
    The challenge here is achieving the specified size of 200kb. I tried doing dat but all I could achieve was 4.4MB. Since I couldn't get anything lower, I applied attaching the 4.4MB doc and the application was successful, I even got an auto-generated mail dat the application was received promising to get back 2 me if shortlisted. I hope and pray they don't later disqualify d application cos of going against d rule.
    Please not that the maximum age is 30 yrs and not 28 as stated above. I have a copy of the advert.

Good luck guys!

@bigbro u are right, théy did ask to send by post. All includin. D handwritten is by email. As I said there is no way u can compress all file to 200kb. Wat I did was each file to be less than 200kb and I combine the o level and degree result together also. Cheers all
    God has a plan 4 Me

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrodanaija
    Guys, though the mode of application doesn't make much sense but 2 make it clear, they want us 2 write an application and scan it with other relevant documents (i.e. degree certificate/result, NYSC cert., CV, O'level result and birth cert.) all as a single PDF document, d single pdf doc. should be attached 2 a mail and sent 2 the e-mail address.
    The challenge here is achieving the specified size of 200kb. I tried doing dat but all I could achieve was 4.4MB. Since I couldn't get anything lower, I applied attaching the 4.4MB doc and the application was successful, I even got an auto-generated mail dat the application was received promising to get back 2 me if shortlisted. I hope and pray they don't later disqualify d application cos of going against d rule.
    Please not that the maximum age is 30 yrs and not 28 as stated above. I have a copy of the advert.

Good luck guys!
    @cptspiff: I guess Bigbro is right, because you can't send anything by mail to the address given. Will nipost or dhl or anybody start running all over ikeja to locate them? No mailbox or mailbag, street, or the like! Where in Ikeja? And you'll have to use the address given you.
    @bigbro: na wa o... scan everything? even handwritten cover letter? God dey.

It's quite impossible for one to get good quality images at that their 200kb, unless they don't want to read it. I successfully reduced mine to 170kb (excluding the handwritten application- I haven't done that yet) and when I decided to read what was written on the certificates, the texts were illegible

I guess I'm going to follow nnpc rules here: each document at 200kb i.e. 1.2mb in all. If I'm disqualified because of it, so be it
    V

@big bro, wilfrotech, vanessavenus and all...
    It is possible to combine all your attachment into one pdf file. going against the rule could be costly.. a successful friend once said that for you to be shortlisted, you must adhere by the rules governing the application. I advise not to do otherwise. You might get a mail confirming your application quite alright, but i want us to know that this mail is auto generated. If you think about it in the real sense, how easy would it be to print and collate each individual's attachment wen u have attached about four of them.I guess thats why they asked us to make it a file so each print out would av all the necessary details. We are prospective pilots.
    Combining all your documents and compressing the size can be done with Adobe Acrobat 9..Install it follow the process. combining would be done from the menu on the acrobat while compression of file size would be done from pdf optimizer in the advanced menu on the acrobat 9 layout. My only challenge is that my mails have not been going through to that recipient mail address. I need bigbro to confirm if the mail he sent was successful? and if he truly attached the documents.

Pilots fly with instructions.This is a way of testing those that will not act accordingly..Its could be of the test in determining those who will be shortlisted.Please do not disqualify yourself before the test itself.

For those that want to submit applications, you dont need a man of God to determine where there office is.DHL, UPS of nipost can deliver for u. you can also do that urslef..their office is nowhere than the old domestic terminal of MMA. Goodluck.

when are they calling us for test.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast