+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Topic: Bat replys

Re: Bat replys

Quote Originally Posted by Born of God View Post
    Wat has age gat to do with this?All they need is efficiency and not age...it is well
    How do they test efficiency without any serious assessment
    ?? Let any one who is below 26yrs and has gotten a rejection speak up!

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Roads View Post
    Sure i guess it's the age, cos i got same mail yesterday. I humbly selected 'yes' on the 'Are you above 26' list box menu while filling the application form online. I'm proud of my age make them look bush jooooo.
    Guy you too funny. Laugh want burst my belly for here...
    TRUST IN JEHOVAH THE GIVER OF EVERY GOOD GIFT AND PERFECT PRESENT.HE IS SURELY THERE FOR YOU

Quote Originally Posted by OJOCHIDEM View Post
    How do they test efficiency without any serious assessment
    ?? Let any one who is below 26yrs and has gotten a rejection speak up!
    got the same email some mins ago, ( less than 26->23

What i think might be the cause could be the unrelatedness of applicants disciplines to the position applied for..that is to say..a graduate in biology applying for the post of graduate finance or a graduate engineer opting for the IT role, hypothetically speaking though..

You guys that got bounced, what are your disciplines and roles applied for? Please lets know for clarity purpose.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul

hiya,
    The BAT mgt trainee program is a very good one. Mgt trainees can get transferred to other countries during the 2 year training. Hence, the conditions for selection are very stringent and what they deem most appropriate criteria. Sales division usually have the highest number of intakes per set. Eg, in the last set of 8 mgt trainees, 4 were for sales. To get on this program, u need stellar academic background...all them best graduating students kinda awards. For the finance division in particular, the last 2 sets were recruited abroad (3 in 2010 set from UK, 1 in 2011 set from US). They are pretty strict with the age limit of 26 too. Though, i know there are some 2011 intakes with only Bsc so my guess is if you are a strong candidate in terms of academic background, you will make it through to the next stage... I know of someone with a science/engineering background that got into sales so I wont say its strictly about how your degree relates to the division applied to.

Hope this helps someone. All the best to the house

Has d application close?

Mr Tee03! Nice one, i hold a B.Eng & OND in Mech with nice grades. Also gat gud internship nd NYSC experience as well as training 4rm SPDC. Guy i insist that recruitment processes these days in Nigeria is done anyhow maybe cuz of population of applicant's, i guess. I believe that in a Normal World everyone should be given the opportunity to try at least based on some pre-conditions that is fair enough. ''Normally Nigeria is not Normal''. Cuz one has a gud grad in sch does'nt mean he/she is d best 4 any Job.
    Keep Moving.

Hi Guy, i wote BAT management trainee test last month at UniLag all d way from Abuja. Infact, we have not had from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Roads View Post
    Mr Tee03! Nice one, i hold a B.Eng & OND in Mech with nice grades. Also gat gud internship nd NYSC experience as well as training 4rm SPDC. Guy i insist that recruitment processes these days in Nigeria is done anyhow maybe cuz of population of applicant's, i guess. I believe that in a Normal World everyone should be given the opportunity to try at least based on some pre-conditions that is fair enough. ''Normally Nigeria is not Normal''. Cuz one has a gud grad in sch does'nt mean he/she is d best 4 any Job.
    I share your sentiments, Henry Roads.Just to let you know BAT had roughly 12,000 applicant for its most recently concluded management trainee program.. and the final number of intakes was a total of just 8! lets put you on the other side of the table as a recruiting manager ... what would you do? If it was me, I would be compelled to put up additional parameters that are not essential if i am the recruiter in charge... (I no dey BAT or BAT HR o, pls y'all should not send me private mgs). Even blue chip companies abroad ask for min 2:1 eg UK, min3.0 gpa out of 4.0 eg US...Its just the fierce competition associated with the times we are in. But true, this doesn't ensure the best candidates are selected.

But not to be discouraged by the large number of applicants, more than half of the 8 intakes had only Bsc so its not by Msc. If your initial application impresses them enough and you are over 26...you will be shortlisted. But the majority of the intakes would be 26 or below. I think they would recruit more than 8 for the 2012 set but i can't say.

The BAT process is also majorly merit (we dey naija so i can't say na 100% merit). If you have the stuff they want- you are in. I'm quite certain about this.

For those still about to submit their application, that alone is a stage. Ensure your cv makes mention of your leadership qualities (this means a lot to them) and it would be great for you if you are proficient in french.

I don't personally have anything to do with BAT but just happen to be privy to some information and thought to share.

All the best to the house.

Quote Originally Posted by olu_galaxy View Post
    Hi Guy, i wote BAT management trainee test last month at UniLag all d way from Abuja. Infact, we have not had from them.
    when did you apply and for which position.what was the nature of the test you took?

Quote Originally Posted by jahboy View Post
    got the same email some mins ago, ( less than 26->23
    Waow, then what are they looking for?

they sent me the same mail..... i tire for BAT

Plz a friend checked his status on BAT site, it say long-listed, what does it mean?

+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast