+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: AUST Exam...the aftermath.

AUST Exam...the aftermath.

I wrote the AUST entrance exam, having applied for MSc in petroleum Engineering. The test was very simple because it was purely O'level physics. We had 2hours to answer 18 theory questions. Infact, it was so easy that I finished in less than 1hour (before every other person in the test-hall). However, the AUST selection team decided to employ the 'Nigerian Factor' by admitting people with 'Tap Roots.' First, we were not even shown our results; they just pasted a list of 'so-called' successful candidates - the 'man-know-mans'. Second, they gave undue preference to the PTDF guys - by taking all of them irrespective of their performance, because they've been guaranteed of bags of money from PTDF.
    I am sure of these statements because a friend of mine also used his contacts on that day. In short, the AUST has also been hijacked from the reach of the common man. I must confess that that school is the best place for postgraduate studies in this country. Nevertheless, I have moved ahead!

Re: AUST Exam...the aftermath.

As simple as the test was, I couldn't submit until the time given elapsed. Thoughts of the number of intelligent and brilliant people I was competing with was in my mind and I knew I had to give it my best shot. I got a scholarship that same day and I must confess, I was nervous before the list was called and subsequently pasted. I don't know any official in the school safe a friend of mine who is a student there. Some of my friends that wrote were also not successful. It is true PTDF guys were given preference, but it was never undue. PTDF was going to pay for these students and AUST been in need of money could not reject such a saucy and robust offer. Interestingly, some PTDF guys (can't say their number) were not shortlisted. They also complained about the result not been pasted, but I believe, to the best of my knowledge that the selection process was free and fair.

Life I believe is a game, some we loose, others we win. We just need a positive mindset to keep going either we failed or succeed.

Move on and Move up bro. The best.
    I'm battle ready be to important and known for good in Nigeria. I'm set to have money and make it work for me.

@valvon: In as much as I do not intend to contend your argument, I do hope that you are not arguing to undermine the fact that the questions were O'level physics, and that you would finished much earlier than you did if you were still in your SS3 mode.
    cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by evalucre
    @valvon: In as much as I do not intend to contend your argument, I do hope that you are not arguing to undermine the fact that the questions were O'level physics, and that you would finished much earlier than you did if you were still in your SS3 mode.
    cheers!

@ evalucre: Yes, the questions were simple O'level physics and I'm sure I would have finished much earlier if I was in form like I was in SS3, , but the first two questions (fluid mechanics) gave me tough time.
    I'm battle ready be to important and known for good in Nigeria. I'm set to have money and make it work for me.

yea, u right...doz two questions required a recall of one those Transport equations. Anyways, CONGRATS MAN!

AUST exam is the "freeest", "fairest" and "fastest" selection exam I have written in Nigeria. We wrote the test the same day, the papers were marked the same day and the successful results were shortlisted. Some were given full scholarship while others were given partial scholarship. Even though most PTDF (not all) students were selected, they were selected only because they passed. All candidates who passed the exam were selected, but the successful PTDF candidtates were given full scholarship from PTDF. PTDF has a special relationship with AUST for now. AUST has a conducive environment for learning and they have the faculties too. I believe a better option for PTDF is to join in the development of AUST and send more students there instead of spending money on UK universities.

I did the exam and I have moved on. Let's not fault the exam because we did not make it. I have friends in the school and some of my friends made it, they are all excellent students. Congrats to all who made it.

I also did the exam but I was not given a full scholarship. All the best to all resuming by July.
    "It is while smitting that one becomes blacksmith"

@valvon, congrats on ur full scholarship.
    I think the aust exam was free and fair. for the successful pet engr guys, sure u r aware u r resuming on or before the 7th of june and you will graduate in december 2011. wish you all the best.

+ Reply