+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Ascon oil company nigeria limited. Is this a scam!!!

Ascon oil company nigeria limited. Is this a scam!!!

I just recieved this mail yesterday from Ascon Oil company Informing me of a notification of job appointment. Is it a scam? Please house i need your advice. Below is the mail i recieved.

Plot 67 Ekpe Ukpe Street,
    Off Nsikak Eduok Avenue, Eket, Akwa Ibom State,
    Tel: +234-805-3612615; Fax: +234-536-12665

07- June -2011.

Notification of your Appointment Letter:

Applicant Name: Efedhoma A. Vivian,
    This is an Affirmation that your Experiences and Qualifications where found suitably qualified for the requirements of Ascon Oil Company Nig. Ltd., Eket, Akwa Ibom, Nigeria.
    We have received your application and CV which has passed through screening and was confirmed suitable, you have been confirmed capable of working with our company, we hereby present to you the soft copy of your Appointment Letter which proofs that you have been employed to work with Ascon Oil Company Nig. Ltd. and We employ staff based on four core values namely Productivity, Talent, Ambitions and Character and we expect all our staff to exhibit these Core values.
    Employees would have to provide a Scan copy of their Nigerian National I.D card along with the copy of your Employment Insurance Certificate which you procure from the High Court through Lurd Law Chambers to the company on the interview/assessment date, Due to past experiences the company has had with International and local staffs, the Company now makes it mandatory for every shortlisted candidates to summit an Employment Insurance Certificate from the Federal Law Court in Nigeria. This ensures that any staff coming to work with us will be sure that he/she is fully a member of our organization and will abide with the rules of this organization and also must complete the job contract with our company before leaving. This interview should be only viewed by our dear employees as an avenue to acquaint you with basic formalities and other activities of our company and not a necessary interview as you already have been given the job. Please, note that for those that can not make it to our company for the interview date with very serious and probable reasons,ensure that you forward your Employment Insurance Certificate to our company via email, you can do that directly or you can request the chamber to do that on your behalf so that the H.R.D will include your name in the employee database sheet our company .

LURD LAW CHAMBERS
    Contact Person: Barr. Lurd Iwoh
    Designation: Attorney and Solicitor.
    42 Sanni Ogun Road, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State
    Email: [email protected]
    Tel: +2348183561204

Kindly, contact the Attorney as soon as you received this mail to scheduled date he can be able to procure your working Employment Insurance Certificate from the Federal High Law Court.
    Interview Date: 14th June, 2011.
    Interview Venue: Ascon Oil Company Limited Premises, Eket, Akwa Ibom , Nigeria.
    Time: 1: 00 pm
    Salary on Monthly bases: N155, 000 (One Hundred And Fifty Five Thousand Naira)

We wish you success and Good luck!
    Efv.

Re: Ascon oil company nigeria limited. Is this a scam!!!

wit all d very obvious grammatical blunders and the lawyer stuff, do you still need another definition of scam?

sighs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by efedhomav View Post
    I just recieved this mail yesterday from Ascon Oil company Informing me of a notification of job appointment. Is it a scam? Please house i need your advice. Below is the mail i recieved.

Plot 67 Ekpe Ukpe Street,
    Off Nsikak Eduok Avenue, Eket, Akwa Ibom State,
    Tel: +234-805-3612615; Fax: +234-536-12665

07- June -2011.

Notification of your Appointment Letter:

Applicant Name: Efedhoma A. Vivian,
    This is an Affirmation that your Experiences and Qualifications where found suitably qualified for the requirements of Ascon Oil Company Nig. Ltd., Eket, Akwa Ibom, Nigeria.
    We have received your application and CV which has passed through screening and was confirmed suitable, you have been confirmed capable of working with our company, we hereby present to you the soft copy of your Appointment Letter which proofs that you have been employed to work with Ascon Oil Company Nig. Ltd. and We employ staff based on four core values namely Productivity, Talent, Ambitions and Character and we expect all our staff to exhibit these Core values.
    Employees would have to provide a Scan copy of their Nigerian National I.D card along with the copy of your Employment Insurance Certificate which you procure from the High Court through Lurd Law Chambers to the company on the interview/assessment date, Due to past experiences the company has had with International and local staffs, the Company now makes it mandatory for every shortlisted candidates to summit an Employment Insurance Certificate from the Federal Law Court in Nigeria. This ensures that any staff coming to work with us will be sure that he/she is fully a member of our organization and will abide with the rules of this organization and also must complete the job contract with our company before leaving. This interview should be only viewed by our dear employees as an avenue to acquaint you with basic formalities and other activities of our company and not a necessary interview as you already have been given the job. Please, note that for those that can not make it to our company for the interview date with very serious and probable reasons,ensure that you forward your Employment Insurance Certificate to our company via email, you can do that directly or you can request the chamber to do that on your behalf so that the H.R.D will include your name in the employee database sheet our company .

LURD LAW CHAMBERS
    Contact Person: Barr. Lurd Iwoh
    Designation: Attorney and Solicitor.
    42 Sanni Ogun Road, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State
    Email: [email protected]
    Tel: +2348183561204

Kindly, contact the Attorney as soon as you received this mail to scheduled date he can be able to procure your working Employment Insurance Certificate from the Federal High Law Court.
    Interview Date: 14th June, 2011.
    Interview Venue: Ascon Oil Company Limited Premises, Eket, Akwa Ibom , Nigeria.
    Time: 1: 00 pm
    Salary on Monthly bases: N155, 000 (One Hundred And Fifty Five Thousand Naira)

We wish you success and Good luck!

Get in Touch
    27 Balarabe Musa Crescent
    Victoria Island, Lagos
    Telephone: +234 1 234 5678
    E-mail: [email protected]

Ascon Oil

Thanks, I appreciate.
    Efv.

Omg, this is real scam- i got this same mail today, and after calling the barrister, he asked me to pay a sum of 6,500 into one mr miracle's oceanic bank account for employment insurance certificate. It was at that point that i knew it was pure scam. God will surely punish these guys because it is so disheartening.

l have received this kind massage from the so called ASCON, But taking time to verify your massage and mine l discovered that there are some changes.

1. they said my Salary is #200k
    2. the Law Chamber they directed me to collect the "Employment Insurance
    Certificate"

is bearing a different name with the same address. mine He wrote "HILLS BERRY LAW CHAMBERS", with Contact person: Barr. Hills Berry with different e-mail address and phone No. Finally with a different H.R.D Officer.
    Real Scam you know!!

+ Reply