+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Agip oil recruitment: Real or scam???

Agip oil recruitment: Real or scam???

I got the following text message from someone claiming to know me this morning and its as follows;

Gooday,...........,dis is MR................., ur kopa mate at.............,how are u hope fine,hv u gotten a job?if not cal me now i have just secured a job with agip oil in rivers state.employment is on.

i wonder hw the person knew my name and from wch state i served but going by the name of the person, i have never met him at anypoint in my life. i didn't bother to evn waste my precious airtime to call back

Re: Agip oil recruitment: Real or scam???

Quote Originally Posted by kennytrice2000 View Post
    I got the following text message from someone claiming to know me this morning and its as follows;

Gooday,...........,dis is MR................., ur kopa mate at.............,how are u hope fine,hv u gotten a job?if not cal me now i have just secured a job with agip oil in rivers state.employment is on.

i wonder hw the person knew my name and from wch state i served but going by the name of the person, i have never met him at anypoint in my life. i didn't bother to evn waste my precious airtime to call back
    Pls fly off from that idiot, it's a complete scam.

Scam,run for your dear life.He must have gotten your name from the magazine(containing the names of cops member in the state u served) sold at your passing out.

Probably because you have your resume all over the internet. It's really easy to dig up resumes(CV's) in this case . I'm sure your NYSC data and all your info is on your resume. Don't send your CV to fishy looking email addresses and you'll be able to reduce this kind of spam

gzl

It's a cheap and very common scam...It's your choice to ignore it. Your data was taken from your NYSC year book.
    Some of them sometimes claim to be from Shell (most common) or NNPC.
    Don't fall for it...it's too cheap.
    "You don't win the Silver, You only lose the Gold"...ENGR-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION (1ST)

i got a cal frm a guy lik dat.he has fantastic info abt me,promisin contract @nnpc.i uploaded d no nhj.stop sendin cv 2suspicious emails,dats whr dey gt d info.its ur turn 2dy,i could b ur refree 2mr

They got your info from the magazine....
    I received such call too....but from a guy claiming to be from shell, says he is darlington.
    They are all fools....
    Beware!

Well said guys, i wonder why people would want to scam applicants or even anybody without any fear of God at all. when i got that text, i read it over and over trying to remember whether i have ever met anyone with the said name, but not at all.the question that came to me immediately was why the sudden contact after almost two years of my discharge from nysc, He didn't call to know how i was doing only to call out of the blue referring to himself as 'MR'.i wonder why am even withholding the name

the name of the scammer is MR MAXWELL LINUS with mobile no:07030295457..he ought to be ashamed of himself, i wish we had a bio database of everybody in this country then he would really know how fast the cookie crumbles!!!

+ Reply