+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Advantages of IPS Programmes???

Advantages of IPS Programmes???

Good day house, I'd like someone with inside information to outline the advantages and / or preferential attention given to graduates of the IPS (Insitute for Petroleum Studies) University, Port-Harcourt at oil & gas recruitment exercises.
    I'm asking coz a friend of mine has reminded me for the umpteenth time to pick a form now and 'relax' later; the friend in question didn't study along engineering lines and so can't really give me answers to my questions.
    Thanks in advance guys!

Re: Advantages of IPS Programmes???

Oh, and by the way, the IPS forms for the 2010/2011 session are available. Please find attached.

Well what i can say is that IPS is a really good program. If you are at home and doing nothing you can as well spend the time in IPS.

The advantages are:
    U get an almost free MSc degree of international standards.
    U will be given preferential treatment at Total and Mobil recruitment exercises,
    U stand nothing to lose.

Try it out,
    I am a graduate

@Onisokien, I expect u not to be in this forum if really its worth it. Am in a dilemma between choosing this programme to 2 different paid jobs.I want u to say something.

@jack_bauer you are absolutely sensible! please onesokien tell us more.U will help a lot of Jobbers who are btw 2 opinions on this matter.
    By the way,how do I get fully prepared and get short-listed.10k no bi small thing!
    100% naija

Okay, I am a graduate of IPS and i work with TOTAL as a reservoir engineer, only in this forum to help in any way I can cos i know how it was and i appreciated all the advice i could get.

What else do u want, u can reach me on [email protected]

@ Jack bauer, I cant really say you should not take ur jobs, its a risk. When i got into IPS i had to resign from a job (was earning 70k) as at then. At the time also had an offer from Shell(SITP and Oceanic bank but i chose IPS also(deferred my employment with shell tho). Its a risk worth taking, and u can only make that decision for yourself.

I am happy I made the right choice finally. Ask God for directions, He alone can tell you wats best.

@ Onisokien: Thanks for the tips, it's all adding up now. I've started filling my forms!

IPS, I've really wanted to comment on this. IPS Program is a very good one if you make it there. Just as someone said it is an "Almost Free Program" almost free because you'll have to pay an admission acceptance fee and you'll pay for your accomodation though they will provide the place.
    For the aptitude test, during my time it was computer based test, just comprehension, First year Maths, Basic Thermo, and current affairs. Biology and Physics too.
    If you pass, you go for interview. Now this is the hard part. A maximum of FOUR PERSONS per school will be taken on the merit list. And in some cases, preference is given to Pet. Engrs.
    But if you scale through, get ready for a great life ahead. Every day lectures (Mon - Fri) from 8am to 4pm. Then tests on saturdays.
    But in the long run, for those in that line, IT'S WORTH IT.

An insider source told me that for this year the age limit for admission has be reduced to 28 yrs. And its not it the advert. So if you re above 28 Years......Takia!

There has always been an issue with age. In my set there were people up to 30. What you need to do is prove that they need you. Be confident about urself and dere is no maximum or minimum no of persons per school. Everyone is dere on merit.

Preference is not given to Pet engrs, my first degree is electrical engr. The interview is very competitive tho, apart from selling urself ina good light prayer is the key.

For those who want to give IPS a try, its worth it, very stressful program but at the end, with God by urside, the sky is ur starting point.

Wishing you the best

can 2:2 apply

If u want to apply pls do, who knows u can b luky.

Onisokien, brother, pls I really need to do my master mostly in oil sections but i my CGPA is 3.41 partly closed to 2.1. so should i apply? thanks for upcoming advice
    What you say about me is none of my bizness!!!! Get dat!!!!

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast