+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Topic: Addax Petroleum recruits Graduate Trainees 2012

Re: Addax Petroleum recruits Graduate Trainees 2012

Quote Originally Posted by litman View Post
    Its lik ds guys heree are rili not organised somhow. Jst called em now they ask 4 ma details n said they wil get bak to me. They did not even specify if it wil be done regionally or all is goin 2 writee in Lagos.
    Does any 1 in d house has a concretee info as 2 if all wil write in Lagos.

Wow! It seems the organizers are not well-prepared. Hmmm....Anyway, just ensure you inform them of the inadequate notice period. They should be able to do something about it, since the fault is theirs, not yours.

@all invited, Best of luck in the test!

Guys, how did it go? Was it another aptitude test? Did it turn out to be a skills test?

It was skills test. It was in 3 sections spanning 2 hours.

The test was a skill test as I predicted. It was subdivided into three parts: theory, obj and essay writing (composition). Account numbers was collected for our tfare. As a sharp guy, I spoke to one of the HR guy about the next stage. He told us specifically to stay in Lagos as they will get back to us this weekend. In his words, the next and final stage will take place in two weeks time. It is going to be assessment centre and will take d whole day in Lagos. Candidates living outside Lagos will wait until the next day although their welfare will be taken care of. A total of 5000 took the test and only 200 people was shortlisted for this skill test.

lol.....@successisours........."as a sharp guy i spoke to the HR guy"....No be everybody wey d guy talk to together.
    However House his information is both valid and complete concerning the nxt stage, tho i dont know about the, 5000, 200 part sha. God take us through. In Jesus Name.

All that's left is for us to patiently wait and see how the next 2weeks turns out...by God's grace, all is well

U were not there

@isbw. Dat is y I said you were not there dude.

We were all there, d man called evri1's attentn 2 relay d info.
    "I biliv evri1 dt did the skil test wil be invited 4 d nxt stage.” jst a feelin thou, cos addax is kinda expandin n 200 recruits aint too much 4 em 2 take in. Besides d nos of ppl I saw there 2dai was not up 2 200 sef! wishing Masef n all oda success. We'l meet @ d nxt stage

I dnt think d questions askd shd be hw many pps wer shortlisted for the Skill test. I think we shd b more concerned with hw many ppl wld be shortlisted for d assessment day...dunno d kindda ppl they r in need of cos esp dunno y u'l advertze for various disciplines and skill-test ppl on mainly Petroleum/Geology..dts nt so much of a level playin ground. How much idea does an Elect dude or Systems engrnin have on petroleumEngrnin/geology. I bliv dt fact alone wld affect vry gud guys in d other disciplines as they dint expct 2 b tested dat way..well I can only give my opinion.. God de.

i'm going to face question and answer section for missing work today because of the skill test. I thank God for everything, life itself is all about risk, a bird at hand worth more than millions in the bush is an adage, take the risk and join the millionaries is an adage. Its left for you to accept the one you want. I believe its high time we keep some of these birds at hand with the left hand and use the right to pursue the millions. I wish to meet you guys not just in the final stage but in the rig.

Quote Originally Posted by gentlemike View Post
    i'm going to face question and answer section for missing work today because of the skill test. I thank God for everything, life itself is all about risk, a bird at hand worth more than millions in the bush is an adage, take the risk and join the millionaries is an adage. Its left for you to accept the one you want. I believe its high time we keep some of these birds at hand with the left hand and use the right to pursue the millions. I wish to meet you guys not just in the final stage but in the rig.
    @gentlemike: Don't get too eager about the rig stuff. It's a graduate trainee position not a rig trainee position. From the Information I got from the Addax HR guys, those who are finally selected would be rotated through the various departments within the organisation before finally being settled into the one the company feels they would best excel at. So you would probably have only a brief opportunity to work on the rig when you are rotated to the operations department. unless you are finally assigned to operations after the programme. It's probably then that you'll be able to see quality rig time.

Quote Originally Posted by chucobi View Post
    Guys, how did it go? Was it another aptitude test? Did it turn out to be a skills test?
    Aptitude wetin? for where? It was an intense skills test based on your filed of study. Geophysics, Engineering and Sciences had different tests. The engineering test was skewed towards petroleum engineering, fluid mechanics and hydraulics. It was quite challenging for those without a petroleum background. I witnessed 2 people walking out of the hall in frustration. It was really challenging. Exactly 160 people wrote the test

+ Reply
Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast