+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Topic: 2013 NDDC Foreign Scholarship is out

Re: 2013 NDDC Foreign Scholarship is out

This is where I say lol, hahaha and hehehe...
    9ja 4 life!!!
    It is well sha...
    God save the Queen!!!

During my interview that was how those "idiots" called interviewers had the academic guts to tell me that a geologist cannot study for M.Sc in Petroleum and Gas Engineering. I weep for Nigeria.

@Franknight: Do not take that lightly if you still intend winning a scholarship someday for your MSc, rather see it as a learning point. Much as we aint pleased with them, we still have to pass through them to win the scholarship. So, my advise is that you all learn from your experiences & restratigise.

I had an experience similar to Franknight's last year with RSSDA.
    I'm a chemical engineer & applied for MSc Oil & Gas Engineer at RGU & that proved to be a stumbling block for me. The tension built slowly, having already successfully answered the academic questions, ranging from:
    Why did you choose oil & gas engineering?
    What is the course outline & which chemical engineering course is a prerequisite? Etc. All of which I answered fine till the killer question came;

"If the governor wants to give one student the opportunity to do MSc oil & gas engineering @ RGU, btw you & a petroleum engineer, who is the best choice?" My answer: I am

Their response: why? & I gave them some reasons

And I got this: Assuming we clone you with your intelligence, age, industrial experiences, degree grades, summer school attendance, current job, etc but just changed the course of your clone to Petroleum Engineering, who's best for the scholarship? We don't need any further explanation.
    My answer: I am
    Their response: we're through with you.

Outcome: I didn't win the scholarship. But I must tell you that they're fair in their selection coz a friend of mine (among many others) won it.

During that interview, I also experienced what the phd candidates experienced in these few questions:
    Where is LNG & LPG produced? I said NLNG & PHRCN but they argued I was wrong.

In all, I learnt many lessons from my last year interview & used that as an advantage over many others.
    This year, besides preparing harder, I applied for Refinery Design & Operation which was a core chemical engineering course, & I didn't regret it course it was realy easy to answer the interview questions as my chemical engineering knowledge came handy, adding to my research on refinery ops.
    That however isn't a guarantee that I'll win the award, but I pray grace helps me win it, as many must have also done excellently well to grab the available slot.
    However, whether I get it or not, I've a different experience & an overwhelming satisfaction this year wrt last year's with RSSDA.

Nigerians are known to be adaptive & easily adjusting or modifying to fit into requirements. Find the Nigerian in you, and get what you want rather than argue with or rate the competency of the interviewers. You surely know your abilities no matter how they rate you.

Finally, just like your feelings about the above issues, I & many others USED to believe that all the scholarship boards (NDDC, PTDF, RSSDA, NAOC, MPN) were colonised & flawed, but I can't believe the same coz last year, adding to previous yrs, I'd a no of intelligent pals who won NDDC, PTDF, RSSDA & MPN-Esso. So, keep the disbelief & go for it with all interest, bearing in mind that just like your job interviews, they've criterias for selection which they're looking for including dressing, physical alertness, vocabs & english usage, courage/confidence, knwledge of your 1st degree & proposed MSc course, befitting msc course from a reputable university with affordable fees, possession of all required original documents, etc. Many things count, so identify them & strike through all. Just one of the requirements can drop you out of the list of winners should they need 10winners & they have 15qualified to choose from.

Change your perspective & see urself at the top.

Best Wishes.
    Catchdwind4rmkd
    enjayjude likes this.

^you have a point but is not that fair as you think. NDDC scholarship has proven to be the worst. Of course, there will be merit scholars on the list but the list is more flawed with unworthy individuals.

Happy to know you acknowledge the possibility of "Merit Scholars", so let's fight for that slot even if it is just 3.

Quote Originally Posted by catchdwind View Post
    @Franknight: Do not take that lightly if you still intend winning a scholarship someday for your MSc, rather see it as a learning point. Much as we aint pleased with them, we still have to pass through them to win the scholarship. So, my advise is that you all learn from your experiences & restratigise.

I had an experience similar to Franknight's last year with RSSDA.
    I'm a chemical engineer & applied for MSc Oil & Gas Engineer at RGU & that proved to be a stumbling block for me. The tension built slowly, having already successfully answered the academic questions, ranging from:
    Why did you choose oil & gas engineering?
    What is the course outline & which chemical engineering course is a prerequisite? Etc. All of which I answered fine till the killer question came;

"If the governor wants to give one student the opportunity to do MSc oil & gas engineering @ RGU, btw you & a petroleum engineer, who is the best choice?" My answer: I am

Their response: why? & I gave them some reasons

And I got this: Assuming we clone you with your intelligence, age, industrial experiences, degree grades, summer school attendance, current job, etc but just changed the course of your clone to Petroleum Engineering, who's best for the scholarship? We don't need any further explanation.
    My answer: I am
    Their response: we're through with you.

Outcome: I didn't win the scholarship. But I must tell you that they're fair in their selection coz a friend of mine (among many others) won it.

During that interview, I also experienced what the phd candidates experienced in these few questions:
    Where is LNG & LPG produced? I said NLNG & PHRCN but they argued I was wrong.

In all, I learnt many lessons from my last year interview & used that as an advantage over many others.
    This year, besides preparing harder, I applied for Refinery Design & Operation which was a core chemical engineering course, & I didn't regret it course it was realy easy to answer the interview questions as my chemical engineering knowledge came handy, adding to my research on refinery ops.
    That however isn't a guarantee that I'll win the award, but I pray grace helps me win it, as many must have also done excellently well to grab the available slot.
    However, whether I get it or not, I've a different experience & an overwhelming satisfaction this year wrt last year's with RSSDA.

Nigerians are known to be adaptive & easily adjusting or modifying to fit into requirements. Find the Nigerian in you, and get what you want rather than argue with or rate the competency of the interviewers. You surely know your abilities no matter how they rate you.

Finally, just like your feelings about the above issues, I & many others USED to believe that all the scholarship boards (NDDC, PTDF, RSSDA, NAOC, MPN) were colonised & flawed, but I can't believe the same coz last year, adding to previous yrs, I'd a no of intelligent pals who won NDDC, PTDF, RSSDA & MPN-Esso. So, keep the disbelief & go for it with all interest, bearing in mind that just like your job interviews, they've criterias for selection which they're looking for including dressing, physical alertness, vocabs & english usage, courage/confidence, knwledge of your 1st degree & proposed MSc course, befitting msc course from a reputable university with affordable fees, possession of all required original documents, etc. Many things count, so identify them & strike through all. Just one of the requirements can drop you out of the list of winners should they need 10winners & they have 15qualified to choose from.

Change your perspective & see urself at the top.

Best Wishes.
    Catchdwind4rmkd
    Broda, thanks for ur advice. Will want to know u better. My nomba is 08068642049

*just moving this to the frontpage* #thatzall
    I am what I am just by HIS Grace! . . . The Future is Bright; The Future is Me!

this page is dying. It seems most interviewee dont have trust/faith in the selection process(es). You cant compare this page with the last one. God shud really help the Queen!

#backtothefrontpage
    I am what I am just by HIS Grace! . . . The Future is Bright; The Future is Me!

Pls any idea on when we should be expecting anytin from NDDC?
    I know its still a lil too early to ask, but I'm just curious.
    God save the Queen!

Newcastle University, Uk

Dear All,

Please can any body give me a solution, Does Newcastle University, UK , requires English Qualification for Postgraduate admission,? They asked me to get IELTS score of 6.5? I Thought we are English speaking country, and does not need, IELTS,OR TOEFL?

I need ur response?

@James: You need an English Language qualification to gain admission into any UK/US university. Nigerians need TOEFL or IELTS and/or GRE depending on the schools & countries you're applying to, the scores required also varies alike. Nigeria isn't classified as a native english speaking country, which is the only way we won't need an English certification. Yes, we're an English speaking country, but not a native speaker of english coz we have our native languages.
    However, if you've good SSCE grade in English, you won't need TOEFL or IELTS as your WAEC (minimum C5 in English Language) or NECO (minimum B3 in English Language) will suffice.

Do not forget the minimum score requirements, refer to your school for details.

Also, the earlier you register the better for you coz by July you may not get a seat to register & write.

+ Reply
Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast