+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: WOW, First class honours degree, Standard Chartered Bank International Graduate Prog

WOW, First class honours degree, Standard Chartered Bank International Graduate Prog

Hi people,

Please read and contribute accordingly.

I used to know quite a lot about the International Graduate Programme annually organized by Standard Chartered Bank. I used to believe that the minimum entry requirement is a 2:2... Recently, I advised two people to apply for the programme and they did. One has a 2:1 from one of the top federal schools in naija. The other dude has a 2:2 from the same school, plus a master's from a reputable university abroad. Both applications scaled through the initial aptitude and personality tests. They were immediately sent a congratulatory message and were assured that they would be gotten back to in due course to arrange for the first stage telephone interview. But up till this moment, as we speak, none of them has heard anything.

My question goes to all those who made it through this year's IGP( and to any other person wey know wetin dey). Please, tell me, is a first class the main requirement to land an interview with SCB?

Thanks.

Senior Member oluwagbemiga Adelowo's Avatar

Re: WOW, First class honours degree, Standard Chartered Bank International Graduate P

No my brother. They take their time in conducting their recruitment. So long as u were successful in any stage, u sure will be contacted however long it takes.

Re: WOW, First class honours degree, Standard Chartered Bank International Graduate P

Quote Originally Posted by oluwagbemiga Adelowo View Post
    No my brother. They take their time in conducting their recruitment. So long as u were successful in any stage, u sure will be contacted however long it takes.
    Hey man, plenty thanks for contributing.. The programme's application deadline was June 01. You see my point. If I were the one in question, I would give them a call to know what's up.

Well since the deadline had come and gone, I would not hesitate to send a follow-up mail. Sometimes that may just be what would help you get to the next stage so just make it right.

Yes a follow up email will be in order

Hi all...
    Needed to ask, do all those who haven't heard from SC's resourcing team have their statuses as being 'reviewed' or is there another status that says congratulations or passed etc?

Also I heard that the programme officially begins on sept 1st,how true is this?

If the above is true,then what could the waiting period be?
    Need some opinions,answers etc on these & just maybe we should really send out a follow-uup mail...

10x

Quote Originally Posted by kainos_k View Post
    Hi all...
    Needed to ask, do all those who haven't heard from SC's resourcing team have their statuses as being 'reviewed' or is there another status that says congratulations or passed etc?

Also I heard that the programme officially begins on sept 1st,how true is this?

If the above is true,then what could the waiting period be?
    Need some opinions,answers etc on these & just maybe we should really send out a follow-uup mail...

10x
    Send a follow up email...But I believe they had long taken the people that would follow the IGP programme..

Good luck!

Are you serious? Why on earth would they now leave the status at "Application under review"? Pretty confusing. I appreciate your response and I have sent in a follow up mail also.

Are you serious? Why on earth would they now leave the status at "Application under review"? Pretty confusing. I appreciate your response and I have sent in a follow up mail also.
    Hope you have a personal email address...Because if you sent the email via the email given on the application page, then you would just be wasting your costly time...

You are so right. Please can you help with an email address? I already sent a mail to the general address and got no response.

You are so right. Please can you help with an email address? I already sent a mail to the general address and got no response.
    Please quote your email address so that I can send you the necessary email addresses-

Quote Originally Posted by ighoeve View Post
    Please quote your email address so that I can send you the necessary email addresses-
    10x a lot. I really do appreciate it. Your assistance has been invaluable.
    [email protected]

+ Reply