+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Topic: STANBIC IBTC IS RECRUITING FRESH GRADUATES-----FIRST CLASS ONLY!!!

Re: STANBIC IBTC IS RECRUITING FRESH GRADUATES-----FIRST CLASS ONLY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by impish
    Firstly, thanx to the OP who has posted this job offer here. I wish every applicant success in Jesus' Name.
    lol, you know, this is most times the case. Sad right?

Sorry people, I understand your frustrations. I may (or may not) have had a first class but I want to speak up for the first class people in the house who hav surprisingly remained quiet through this whole thing. First, I am a job seeker like you guys and I believe its God and God alone that brings prosperity and success not ones degree. I know a third class grad that is a Manager today in one of the big banks in Nigeria. His attitude defined him and opened doors (which were normally shut) for him. He did not let his degree class define his future. He was determined to be successful. But let me just make a few other points clear:

1. No1 can buy a first class degree in Nigeria. We all would like to console ourselves by believing this nonsense, but sadly, it is untrue. Maybe you can buy a 2:1 but definitely not a first class!

2. Theres only one way to obtain a first class, and that is through hardwork and consistency. Maybe this is the quality that this bank is looking for in their graduates (hardwork that yields results!). Sometimes, people work hard but dont get the best results. This is the case for SOME people.

3. These first class graduates have not wronged you. I understand that you think its wrong for the bank to recruit only first class grads, but dont take out ur frustrations on the first class ppl by insulting them and continuosly belittling their efforts. It is a very wrong attitude and you know what they say about bad attitudes........

4. All of us here, if we could have all had our ways, would be very happy to have a first class honours degree. No lie! Just the truth.

5. Of course, getting the job because of one's degree class is one thing, performing and exceeding expectations on the job is another.

6. Whilst you may have encountered first class grads who are dumb as you say, it is only senseless to generalise all of them as such.

So please guys, celebrate others that one day people will celebrate you.

Success is ours by God's Grace. Peace......

Dearie, I don't think you know what you're saying. Wake up and stop being naive. We were only two with 1st class- and nobody ever saw "millionaire" Henry in class. Tell me how it happened?
    Welcome to naija.
    V

is the owner of stanbic graduated wit 2:1 talkless of first kai
    The end will come when the seekers of knowledge are satisfied with their own achievement.

@all-if delliote cld shortlist abt 30 1st class grads 4der test, then, dont b suprised 2c over 100 1st class grads 4dis

I am very sure the Head of HR didn't make 1st class, even if he did. Then they had everything at their disposal, compare to now you wake up from your hostel with no LIGHT and WATER to bathe for you to attend lecture and when you attend lecture the hall is full and less ventilated. And now we have Social Networks (facebook) to keep us away from books
    I

@biggerboyz tanks alot. sorry bin a lil busy wud ave responded earlier hw's ur new place. all d best

am not a social scientist but i can see a typical illustration of what is called psychological compensation.when you belittle the achievements of others to compensate your self-ego.

but remember the age-old quote ..."putting of my fire wouldnt make yours shine any brighter"....... and so castigating First Class graduates doesnt make your 2.1 or 2.2 or 3.1 or certificate of attendance any better or more justifiable.

I understand examinations are not a true test of knowledge or intelligence but they remain the only rational and logical alternative available...., i challenge you to be creative and provide a better alternative and perhaps you may be nominated for next years noble prize

i do not believe you could block your way into getting a 1.1 in any nigerian university, with profs that reserve A's and B's for god and his Angel and calculate GP's over and over again to in order 2 grade you with the least possible computations

dont know the state of education in your school, but in mine u had 2 walk through fire 2 get it,

so lets congratulate them abeg, no be bread and butter,dem no pick am for ground ehn!!!!...".for in praising others we ourselves may be inspired and hope 2achieve greatness"

as for Stanbic, its a shame on them a SouthAfrican bank and every Nigerian graduate working there, who couldnt stand up 2 contest this ridicule and deliberate attempt 2 belittle, humiliate and insult us Nigerian Graduates. but wetin man go do "the carrot and the stick".
    wish yah all the best..........

@kblaze.dat na true talk.let me divert a li2.were u invited 4 deloitte's intrvw on wedsday?kindly respond tru facebook([email protected])
    S

Senior Member opiantor_yagayaga's Avatar

Interesting topic
    The best is yet to come

no comment

i wonda y sum pple r lettin out dier frustratn on d pple dat graduated wit first class, if first class was easy to get, why didnt u graduate wit it.

Quote Originally Posted by kblaze
    am not a social scientist but i can see a typical illustration of what is called psychological compensation.when you belittle the achievements of others to compensate your self-ego.

but remember the age-old quote ..."putting of my fire wouldnt make yours shine any brighter"....... and so castigating First Class graduates doesnt make your 2.1 or 2.2 or 3.1 or certificate of attendance any better or more justifiable.

I understand examinations are not a true test of knowledge or intelligence but they remain the only rational and logical alternative available...., i challenge you to be creative and provide a better alternative and perhaps you may be nominated for next years noble prize

i do not believe you could block your way into getting a 1.1 in any nigerian university, with profs that reserve A's and B's for god and his Angel and calculate GP's over and over again to in order 2 grade you with the least possible computations

dont know the state of education in your school, but in mine u had 2 walk through fire 2 get it,

so lets congratulate them abeg, no be bread and butter,dem no pick am for ground ehn!!!!...".for in praising others we ourselves may be inspired and hope 2achieve greatness"

as for Stanbic, its a shame on them a SouthAfrican bank and every Nigerian graduate working there, who couldnt stand up 2 contest this ridicule and deliberate attempt 2 belittle, humiliate and insult us Nigerian Graduates. but wetin man go do "the carrot and the stick".
    wish yah all the best..........
    It's actually Nobel Prize

Work Experience: 20 years work experience in banking industry or alternatively, applicants must graduate with First Class Honours.

@joerisky .....glad you were erudite enough to know it was a typo....
    .....NOBEL NOBEL NOBEL NOBEL PRIZE.........hope you are satisfied.....grin grin grin
    ......congrats i hereby award you a 1st Class honours

@hidden identity.....sent yah a fbook message, expecting a reply wat stage are yu in.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast