+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Topic: Settling down for 100k job or going for Masters?

Re: Settling down for 100k job or going for Masters?

@samtex,I will advise that your friend should not resign from his work if he saves close to N60K monthly because I know of guys that went for their Masters abroad, they are back in the country looking for jobs as well. The advice will have been different if your friend is doing less than N40 job or he’s jobless because people are doing Msc. In Nigeria because of unemployment/underemployment.
    it's gonna be alright

Quote Originally Posted by baumol
    @samtex,I will advise that your friend should not resign from his work if he saves close to N60K monthly because I know of guys that went for their Masters abroad, they are back in the country looking for jobs as well. The advice will have been different if your friend is doing less than N40 job or he’s jobless because people are doing Msc. In Nigeria because of unemployment/underemployment.
    Well said..
    "It is while smitting that one becomes blacksmith"

He shd pls follow is heart 4 no advice superceeds d one he gives himself.

@Ebony Sue,
    what u said is not correct, no man is an island and even the bible said that the human mind is treacherous.

@eagleolu,
    am very surprised with ur advise cos u didnt sound like u are a Nigerian..your theory does not take cognisance of the Nigerian economy and therefore not valid.

@Samtex,como,gabson212,Ojeabulu,jessejames,
    kodos to u guys, u have spoken very intelligently.

one love

Quote Originally Posted by mikky1
    @Samtex,como,gabson212,Ojeabulu,jessejames,
    kodos to u guys, u have spoken very intelligently.

one love
    Thanks buddie.

I think u dont know the worth of wat u have at hand not until u lose it b4 u can realize how useful it is. Wat gave u the assurance dat u will get another job after the so called masters programme. Many masters holders are outside there looking for job and every year thousands are graduating going into the labour market. My guy, please for GOd sake dont leave dat 100k job, just look 4 a part time masters within ur locality and proceed. Well am biodun by name, a graduate of statistics and still searching for job.if u have one call me ooo 08032394208 or 08027017709. Thanks (a word is enough 4 a wise one)

tell him never to try it
    ifeoluwa

Quote Originally Posted by biodun4all
    I think u dont know the worth of wat u have at hand not until u lose it b4 u can realize how useful it is. Wat gave u the assurance dat u will get another job after the so called masters programme. Many masters holders are outside there looking for job and every year thousands are graduating going into the labour market. My guy, please for GOd sake dont leave dat 100k job, just look 4 a part time masters within ur locality and proceed. Well am biodun by name, a graduate of statistics and still searching for job.if u have one call me ooo 08032394208 or 08027017709. Thanks (a word is enough 4 a wise one)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    tell him never to try it
    I feel you guys.. Thanks for the contribution. I've told him too

do never try to resign cos millions of qualified people are out there & even having better qualifications than u and are scrambling to get a job and 100k job 4 that matter.A word is enough 4 a wise.

@everyone. You've all contributed brilliantly. Permit me 2 say... There's a wide gap btw brilliance & intelligence.Some pple actually allowed hunger & desperation 2 becloud their sense of judgements.I was talking globally cos i know i'm a citizen of d world.Some pple were judging myopically. In d first place what kind of Masters program are pple enrolling 4. I'm thinking (International Business Economics, Political economics, Global Health Science, Informatics & Systems integration, International Law & Diplomacy, Public Health, Public Administration, Managerial Psychology, MBA (Oil & Gas),Health Economics, International Development,Health Administration & Management,Maternal & Child Health,Medical Demography, Population &Reproductive Health Nutrition,MBA(Corporate Governance) etc. If graduates are not enrolling in this kind of Masters Programme. I'm sorry 2 say,they are mentally lazy. Guys ... Stop all this African mentality & think globally. If U are d best in what U do, there's no way U will be a cast away.Mr Samtex, hope ur friend doesn't belong to d group who read Microbiology at B.SC level and going back 4 M.sc microbiology. MASTERS PROGRAM @ times gives u d opportunity 2 go professional. CHANGE YOUR THINKING, TO REWRITE YOUR GLORIOUS DESTINIES

No one is talking again. Truth is bitter.

@EAGLEOLU....i like your write up but i have finally agree to disagree with some of the content of your mail.Are you saying everyone must go for these masters listed before becoming successful in life? are u saying other courses are nothing to write home about?.
    firstly...how many Nigerian University offers these courses mentioned? and lastly,what if i want to become MENTALLY HARDWORKING as referred, all in the pretense of following your Advise and i ended up not coping with any of this courses.what happens? you have to follow your instinct and should not say because my friend is a chartered accountant then i must be....What if my line is of a music path or of human resources,must i still go for ICAN?
    Finally, everyone cant go professional . follow where you think you are good at and finally put everything into prayers and God will definitely help us all.....i hope am not MENTALLY LAZY for sending this?

Quote Originally Posted by eagleolu
    @everyone. You've all contributed brilliantly. Permit me 2 say... There's a wide gap btw brilliance & intelligence.
    So, how will you rate your own contribution? Brilliant or intelligent?

In d first place what kind of Masters program are pple enrolling 4. I'm thinking (International Business Economics, Political economics, Global Health Science, Informatics & Systems integration, International Law & Diplomacy, Public Health, Public Administration, Managerial Psychology, MBA (Oil & Gas),Health Economics, International Development,Health Administration & Management,Maternal & Child Health,Medical Demography, Population &Reproductive Health Nutrition,MBA(Corporate Governance) etc. If graduates are not enrolling in this kind of Masters Programme. I'm sorry 2 say,they are mentally lazy.
    Do you have to go for masters in order to be successful in life? My friend, forget about this kind of mentality.

If U are d best in what U do, there's no way U will be a cast away.
    This is the way forward man. I would have loved you to write only this instead of the whole epistle.

Mr Samtex, hope ur friend doesn't belong to d group who read Microbiology at B.SC level and going back 4 M.sc microbiology.
    There is an adage in Yoruba that says: "A metal caster that keeps beating a piece of metal in one spot only knows what he is trying to achieve."
    If going back for Masters in Micobiology will make him achieve his dreams, who am I to stop him?

+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast