+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Obtain Certification or go for PGD in Information Technology (IT)

Obtain Certification or go for PGD in Information Technology (IT)

I am a 28 years old graduate of Chemical Engineering and I rounded up my NYSC in February, 2010. When I was in my 300level I developed interest in Information Technology (IT), immediately I got myself enrolled at a road side computer training centre for a Diploma in Computer Operation. Since then, I have continued to develop my self in Information Technology and Chemical Engineering.
    But I would like to further my education now, most especially in Information Technology (IT), since I am some how competent in it. So fellows I am really confused on whether to go for certification Program like Cisco, MCITP or PGD in Information Technology from any of the institute accredited by The National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) for example Flying Dove Institute of Information Technology, Abuja. Please I need your advice on what to do, because I need a good job.

Re: Obtain Certification or go for PGD in Information Technology (IT)

I'll advise you go for your certification for 2 reasons:
    1. Getting an Internationally accepted Certification like Cisco gives you more edge than any PGD.
    2. You'll still need the certification even after your PGD.

However, you'll need to consider some other personal factors like Finance before you take your decision. In addition, you need to be clear on what exactly you want to do i.e. If you intend to build a career in IT or not. I hope this helps.

Best Regards!
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

Re: Obtain Certification or go for PGD in Information Technology (IT)

@bonyface210, what's ur flavour? Hardware Engineering, Networking, Programming or Data base? Go for a certification that matches your IT hunger. PGD? Just okay but not quite recognised. Make a wise choice mate.
    The heights you attain is a factor of your belief and attitude. Greatness is yours; how much do you want it?

+ Reply