+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Deewanna
  • 1 Post By simiyoni
  • 1 Post By Israeeeel

Topic: Nnpc why now?

Nnpc why now?

must you treat Nigerian graduates like animals?its unfair oh.GOD DEY SHA....

Re: Nnpc why now?

What happend?

read the nigerian tribune,that of monday or visit the article room ontop naijahot jobs,u wud see d details.it apend at ibadan
    Zinger likes this.

Wot is your problem Mr. Deewanna? Zinger simply asked "wot happened" and your referring him to 9ja Tribune, if u kant tell him and us who are interested, why did u post ur comment or complaint on the so-called 9ja Tribune?
    ikiyo likes this.

u just spoke like a frustated citizen.i was only refering him to a news paper to get the info clearly,Zinger sef no complain,i no no ur problem mr man...

Quote Originally Posted by Zinger View Post
    What happend?
    Stampede at NNPC recruitment test; Applicants complete test with torch light!

Published on March 27th, 2011 05:14 AM

Thousands of job seekers who thronged the University of Ibadan venue of an aptitude test for employment into the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), yesterday met more than they bargained for as they were shocked at the manner of treatment meted at them by the organisers of the test.

Although accreditation of applicants was scheduled to have commenced by 11:30 a.m., many of the applicants had started arriving the premises of the University of Ibadan as early as 7:30a.m.

For more than an hour, the applicants, who numbered more than 4,000 according to Phillips Consortium, the firm handling the recruitment, stayed in the sun in front of the U.I. Sports Centre for more than one hour not knowing where to go or who to ask questions.

A stampede almost occurred at the venue when the organisers called for the commencement of accreditation at about 11:00 a.m. as the applicants tried to beat one another in other to ensure that they were accredited. Some of the applicants who nearly collapsed were taken to an ambulance that had been stationed at the venue of the recruitment.

One of the applicants who spoke with Sunday Tribune at the venue of the recruitment said the conduct of the aptitude test was disappointing.

“What I met here today is highly disappointing. When we came in, nobody was giving direction and people did not know where to go. Staff of Phillips Consortium were bullying people and NNPC staffs said that they were not in charge of the recruitment. People, including pregnant women were standing in the sun without anyone to tell them were to go.

“They even brought policemen and security guards to harass people. It is highly disturbing that Nigerians could maltreat themselves this way in their country.”

Even as at 3:30 p.m., the test had not started, raising the fear that the examination might not be conducted at the end of the day. The test eventually commenced at about 4:30 p.m., a situation that made some of the applicants use their phones and torch lights to complete the test after PHCN took away electricity supply.

Reacting to the conduct of the test, a staff of Phillips Consortium blamed the applicants for what he claimed to be few hitches in the conduct of the exercise

u got it...

The logistic was very poor, though but not so ridiculous as depicted and painted here. Venue for the test actually was the major problem as most of the halls were locked up. It wasn't new anyway, especially for those that have been in the process for long. African time has eaten deep into our bones.
    Zinger likes this.

i don't blame them, all this is because of the poor government we have..........what do you expect of them when a whole examination body like WAEC can do thesame thing. may almighty God give us a better goverment that will not be turning every employment to a constituency project.

No vex Mr Deewana, i was interested too, frustration in turn makes u not wanna answer simple questions; it didn't cost Mangohead anything to provide the answers.Thank u jare Mr. Mangohead.

lolsssss,dont mind me jare

+ Reply