+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: meristem securities test format!

meristem securities test format!

Hello. A friend has a test at meristem securities. Does anyone have an idea of the test structure ?Kindly reply if u do.

Re: meristem securities

Meristem Securities is a Stock broking firm that could employ for job ranging from Account Clerk, Jobber or Marketer. If the position advertised is known may be i would be able to assist.

If called for an accounting job, aside the accounting knowledge he is expected to know little about the stock market operation. Terms like Mandate, Order (Buy and Sell) Sell and Buy limit, CSCS, documentation of customer's data, bank reconciliation and petty accounting work.

If Customer Service, he/she should be sound communication wish and friendly. He/she should be able to convince the panel that he/she can manage the desk with less supervision because there wont be people around him/her directing the task ahead of him after the job schedule/description is given.

If marketer, the same marketing skills of presenting the product to people that could need the service is the sole duty. This would be a difficult task for him/her because Nigerian has lost trust in the stock market, several had stroke as a result of the loan invested in the market that has crashed for over 18 months now with no definite period of coming back to normal. Imagine people that bought Oceanic bank at 18Naira only to find it at a pirce less than 2 Naira today and same story for a lot of other stock. In short convincing people to experience any good in the market need a service of an orator may be someone like Obama of the USA when campaigning for the presidential post.

Whatever it is........I wish him/her all the best

Nice break down Twilliams...u just educated me too

@Twilliams,u are tooooooooooooooooo much.

Investing in stocks is one of the best investment choices any body can make.It is a long term investment spanning several years if any meaningful gain can be achieved but prospective investors need to know their risk appetite or profile before investing to avoid losses because of the volatile nature of the market.People should be encouraged to invest in the stock market so that more products will be launched and the market expanded and more JOBS CREATED.

shut up!
    P

Its high time our market gets back on track, though we are making steady progress but at a very slow pace in terms of market recovery, besides, other markets have picked up steam and their economy is better-off. You should know that the capital market is an economic vehicle that conveys both the rich and the poor in any economy as they can lay claims as a stakeholder in any company that is listed on the NSE. However, it worries me that the regulatory bodies have not done much in terms of publicing the progress that has been recorded so far in the market so as to build back investors confidence. Also, I will continue to ask the question on why companies such as, MTN, GLO, Zain (now Bharti Airtel), and Etisalat, and the likes are not listed on the NSE so that the common man can have level of ownership in these comapnies. It appears to me that only the rich have stakes in these companies. Going forward, I would love to see a system which allows at least a minimum of 20% of the shares of these companies to be offered to the public. what is your take? don't just say "shut up" like my fellow blogger Yemitope

Thanks

I enjoyed what i read after few days of the post. I appreciate few guys that cherish the explanation about the post. I also admire the opinion of another member about listing company on the floor of the stock exchange but may i add that it is by wish not compulsion.

May i also add that by valuation if the stocks of MTN, GLO, ZAIN and ETISALAT are offered for sale only few Nigerians would be able to grab a fraction of the sweet cake. Our stock market has suffered a terrible operation trick in the few recent years which makes it unworthy to place hard earned money in the huge risk market. It is better to say that the market lack control in practice but it exist in paper.

I would never encourage people to invest here for several reasons. I know what i have lost recently precisely over 52% depreciation. So what are we saying. Invest N1,000,000 and the worth of your investment is now N480,000. Can we put the same in fixed deposit and get a token or the exalt amount back if liquidated on a prematured date?

The stock market here is simply a MESS

Yemitope, your language is too harsh, I hope you are not frustrated.We all appreciate the fact that things are not working as they ought to be in Nigeria but we are making progress.Unemployment can be eradicated if all of us put our skills to work and enterprises to effective and efficient use. The economies of Europe,America and Asia are driven by the stock market and if we kill our own by our words, how can we grow.If the stock market collapses no BLUE CHIP COMPANY CAN SURVIVE AND NO GOOD JOB.

Re: meristem securities test format!

Please, how and when did he apply?
    A

+ Reply