+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: ICAN/ACCA certification how do I go about? Help with A-Z of it.

ICAN/ACCA certification how do I go about? Help with A-Z of it.

I recently made up my mind to get ICAN, ACCA but am a complete novice in the area, pls house I need to know all it takes to achieve this. Kindly advise me on what to do and what not to do, cost, requirement(s), everything that is involved in the process. I trust this forum for the best of advice. Thank you, waiting...

Re: ICAN/ACCA certification how do I go about? Help with A-Z of it.

Sorry...ican is www.icanig.org

It depends on your area of specialization, if you are an accounting graduate,you will have 2 levels of exams (pe1 and pe2)to write. You will apply 4 exemption which is around N45K. The pe1 exams fee is approx. N45K while the pe1 lectures in any ican approved centre is approx. N40k. You will need 4 ican study packs costing N3k or N2k(photocopy) each. You will need 4 pathfinders(past questions) costing N800 each. Assuming you make the pe1 exams at once, this will be your cost (approx. N145k).

AT pe2, you will pay only the pe2 exams fee (approx. N45K) and for pe2 lectures (approx. N40K) in any centre.

if your area of specialization is not accounting or any business admin. courses, you will have 4 levels(foundation, intermediate, pe1 and pe2) to write. The foundation and intermediate levels have slightly lower prices in terms of exams fee and lecture fees. You will also not be required to apply for exemption if you are starting at this level.

In terms of your choice of exams, it will depend on your focus in life, acca is slightly more expensive than ican and you will be given areas of concentration, in ican, there is no areas of concentration, you read everything. Also internationally, with ican certificate, you can work as a chartered accountant in all other countries excluding U.S and Britain while acca certificate will be accepted. The exams which has no form of discrimination round the globe is CFA,(Chartered Financial Analyst). The exams is written in 3 levels, the 1st level can be written in Ghana, the 2nd and the 3rd level can be written in South africa. There's no centre for the exams in Nigeria yet. I hope this will help you.

Pls advise me u seem to hv enuogh info. I want to do a course on financial analysis pls hw do i go abt it like d chrtd financial analyst u mentioned

Which area of financial analysis do you mean? Taxation, Auditing or you want to be a chartered Accountant or a Chartered Stock broker? or you want to take the CFA exams? all these are different forms of financial analyst we have. So please let me know the area you really want to specify on.

@spartan009. Stop giving wrong information.U can only give advice on what you really know.it is not a crime if you only say what you know about. Who told you that you have area of concentration in ACCA and that you dont need to read everything?Why are you deceiving yourself that ICAN is regocnised beyond the chores of Nigeria? Stop misleading people.

@majesty101. I will strongly advice you write ACCA if u are thinking of making a decision between ACCA and ICAN.Believe it or not, most multinational companies are particular about int'l certification or int'l experience.They may not specifically state that as a recruitment criteria but you get to know at the interview stage.Besides, ACCA is more value adding
    and challenging. Be prepared to read like there is no tommorrow. There is nothing like multiple choice questions(except for the first 3 papers),nothing like feel in the gap, nothing like optional questions(u have to answer all questions), and most questions required critical thinking unlike ICAN.But i can assure you its worth the stress cos there are more opportunities with ACCA beyond the chores of Nigeria.

@ak. Plz, cn u estimate d total fee 4 me n d total numba of courses 4 an accounting graduate. Plz.

@ AKmonopoly, I stand to be corrected, ACCA is not as tasking as ICAN though it is more recognized than ICAN. I'm an Associate member of ICAN and I have that couldn't pass ATS1 then but are now Associate member of ACCA. U can write 2papers in a diet u like it dat way but in ican, no of papers in not optional. You write the 4 @ ago.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast