+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Help needed...I got a an Invite from GTBank

Help needed...I got a an Invite from GTBank

Hello house, the all "popular" ALLISON invited me for Graduate Trainee Aptitude test on 21 at Ilupeju. Pls, help with test format, esp SHL, as she indicated this in the email. I have tried it, but wld appreciate any relevant info.

In short, is it worth the try, judging from the treads in this forum of long timing of securing their appointment? Advice pls, not neccessarily enouragement. Thanks for your assistance. Do email me: [email protected]

Re: Help needed...I got a an Invite from GTBank

read shl very well, the comprehension is longer than the normal one u see in shl it's about 20-30 lines.
    but more importantly pray cos i did the test about 3weeks ago, wen i go home i saw about 7 out of 19 questions that i answered correctly in one my shl books and i know i will still pass about 7 more questions. but unfortunately 2 days later i was told i didnt meet their requirement. i think they pass whoever they want to pass, it is that bad!!!!

@omoyanre, pls where can i get shl book? My e-mail add. Is [email protected] tanks

@omoyanre, I totally disagree with you on your comment. It is wrong to say that SHL passes whoever they want to pass; I used to have that same mentality until i was opportuned to work in a bank's HR department (name withheld). I learnt that even when candidates passed at test, the consulting company will increase the pass mark until they reach the number required by the client bank for recruitment. You might have passed that test but was not shortlisted for the next stage because the pass mark was increased. Please let us watch the comments we post on the internet; u never can tell when/where it will be used against you. CHEERS

@opedimeji, that is quite impressive by throwing more light on the erronous conclusion by omoyanre. pls opedimeji kindly reach out to me on [email protected]

Seriously the SHL test is difficult. I am nlt trying to discourage you. Just study hard
    I

Quote Originally Posted by opedimeji
    @omoyanre, I totally disagree with you on your comment. It is wrong to say that SHL passes whoever they want to pass; I used to have that same mentality until i was opportuned to work in a bank's HR department (name withheld). I learnt that even when candidates passed at test, the consulting company will increase the pass mark until they reach the number required by the client bank for recruitment. You might have passed that test but was not shortlisted for the next stage because the pass mark was increased. Please let us watch the comments we post on the internet; u never can tell when/where it will be used against you. CHEERS
    I believe we are in democracy which entails freedom of speech. BTW how can stuff posted online be used against the person? The guy posting this may be in China, for all we know

+ Reply