+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: ENSLAVEMENT OF NIGERIAN WORKERS............ A Case of AIRTEL NIGERIA.

Re: ENSLAVEMENT OF NIGERIAN WORKERS............ A Case of AIRTEL NIGERIA.

Enslavement of Nigerians by most of these foreign firms is no longer NEWS!
    We already know this exist so we need to concentrate on the way to eradicate it as time goes on.
    One can not blame these so-called employers especially when they have the support of powerful big-wigs in Nigeria. Try taking a look at the list of their Board members and you'll find that they have all cleverly made top Nigerians their "Chairman" with at least 2 other perceived powerful Nigerian as members of the board. The whole idea is to have someone who can save their neck when issues like this crop up. Be that as it may, it is equally Nigerians they employ as "managers" and use to perpetrate their evil act of enslavement. If this so called Nigerians cared about other Nigerians, no Indian, Lebanese, Chinese, Korean etc will ever attempt to treat Nigerians the way they currently do.
    Nigerian firms have also taken a cue from them - all in the name of "cost reduction".
    Nigerians (with due respect) are cowards when it comes to issues like this. No one wants to get hurt but expect things like this enslavement to just disappear because "we have committed it to God".
    The earlier we realize that: "God will not Do For Man, What Man Can Do For Himself" the better!
    Maybe if Nigerian workers engaged by these set of "Slave Masters" begin to cry out with one voice for the whole world to hear, things will get better.
    There are channels with which this can be done - NGOs, Print and Electronic Media, Human Rights Groups etc.
    We need to make a move, then God will sure give his support - as long as it's a just course!
    Last edited by Dagunro; Aug 3rd, 11 at 01:16 pm.
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

Quote Originally Posted by agalimojo View Post
    So how much do they pay the agents?
    I like dis question...its not about the salary guys cos these guys are paid better than some/most companies. Some earn 74k, some 85k some 100k...depending on when u entered.I appreciate the agitation for better welfare but trust me, d way some of dis agents carry on with the work, i wonder if they believe they are doing a favour or bei ng done a favour.Trust me, I know first hand that many of them have a wrong attitude to the work.
    I shall submit by saying "no matter how wicked your boss is, if u are diligent and productive, u will be valued...THE WORD OF GOD SAYS DID "SEETH THOU A MAN DILIGENT IN HIS WORK, HE WILL STAND BEFORE KINGS AND NOT MEAN MEN, also another says "THE GIFTINGS OF A MAN SHALL MAKE ROOM FOR HIM"
    I SUBMIT

@azelin i like the food you gave us to ponder. but the case of Lebanese, i am a witness to that. don't wish your enemies to experience that. though i am in a multinational coy now but i started from there. the memory is not a good one.
    D

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12