+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Topic: Dangote Graduate Driver Scheme Calling!

Re: Dangote Graduate Driver Scheme Calling!

Another story, my exboss studied agric economics, worked in bank after service as bulk counter, then enter the IT department without IT knowledge. Now he heads the IT department. You can enter dangote as a driver and resign there as a manager in your field. I went for P&G interview, an the HR personnel who interviewed said he entered the organisation as a plant technician, now he works as HR in the same organisation. So a good organisation create room for career switch and advancement, which i believe dangote group shld be one.
    oravirus and biggyflame like this.

@bunmmy1984,my thoughts exactly,with that experience,one will be suitable for the role of Fleet manager etc.@chux4liv you have made very valid points. Your first post talks about occupational mobility that involves white collar jobs. Cash & tellering,product development etc,these are all 'office jobs' they are quite interchangeable. But truck driving is basically blue collar. I'm more comfortable with the second post,about the technician who ends up as an Hr staff in the same company. I agree,from trucking and haulage you can move up the ranks in Dangote. But what happens in a scenario where you intend to cross to another coy entirely?Stanbicibtc asks for 2 years working experience as an accountant. You are an accountant major,but your 2 year experience is truck driving. How do you deal with that?I am not attempting to pour cold water on people's positive response to the Dangote affair,we are just bouncing around opinions on this thread.

@Flower, my first point buttress on career prospect.. IT is a professional field while tellering is not or is there professional certification in tellering job?.
    As for you 2nd question I said oyinbo made pencil and did eraser.. It will look weird for you to write driving trailer in ur cv, there are other duties u will do aside driving truck
    1. You will do stock inventory becos large goods is being kept in ur care for delivery, so accountability is requires.
    2. You will fill log books writing details of ur day or weekly trips which will requires technical writing.
    3. There will be cost estimation for every journey which your supervisor will require u to document.
    4. Try and write professional certification examination in accounting bcos nigerian employers are cert. Crazy rather than ur working experience.
    Lastly, if you lie in ur cv about ur duties, no employer will write letter to ur former employer if that was ur real duties... All they ask in reference letter is your integrity and if u actually worked in that org.
    biggyflame likes this.

@chux4liv.Good one! I am convinced!You are absolutely right!there will be other clerical duties asides from conveying goods from point A to point B. And your follow up points makes a lot of sense. Cheers!
    biggyflame likes this.

You are most welcomed....
    biggyflame likes this.

@all....those that ave their interview slated for 2mao in any of the zones should please come back to the house and inform us of how the interview went, and what we should expect...I believe if anyone is interested in the scheme, he/she shall be successful and selected.

I stay in ph and ours is on d 9th so we wld also want those dat r writing 2moro to inform d house pls abt the format etc. Thanks.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123