+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Confused! Should I go 4 Msc in USA or take the bank offer?

Confused! Should I go 4 Msc in USA or take the bank offer?

House kindly evaluate & advise me: I recently secured an "American R-F1 Visa" i.e a 2-year Renewable work-study Visa for a Graduate program with only a Tuition Scholarship attached but will be switching to one of the commercial banks by April & still running my CIBN here.

Do i defer it, finish my programs here & probably would have joined the banking and be confirmed before leaving

Re: BANKING RECRUITMENT

the choice is yours....America is a place to be.....having a stable job in Naija is Great! so look inward and pray God help U.

send a mail through this emial: [email protected]

if i were u i would grab d opportunity of travelling and studying in America cos 2 get a job there is easier than getting it here in ngr

Quote Originally Posted by eghaghe
    the choice is yours....America is a place to be.....having a stable job in Naija is Great! so look inward and pray God help U.

send a mail through this emial: [email protected]
    @ eghaghe......what has sending a mail got to do with the advice you've given?? Just wondering though!!
    We will surely get there

my friend stay in Nigeria since you have half way secured a job.there is nothing fantastic about America. you talk of that side if you are not doing anything serious in Nigera but you are an exception. if you consolidate your job here you can go to any part of the world or continent. there are still good school in Nigeria you can do your masters while you advance in your new found love-job. HOWEVER, pray ask GOD for guidance. i wish you well

hey.... Thank God for u've two 1daful opportunity. The whole choice is urs and all depends on wat u want but to be honest wit u a bird at hand worth millions in the bush. U know 9ja banks way of recruitment now that April may not be real it could be 1 or 2yrs ahead, am talking out of experience although luck defers but dear, if u've good sponsor pls go 4ur oversea study which will expose u to so many opportunities in the world thereby making u an asset anywhere in the world. My own advise is, GRAB THE OPPORTUNITY DOT MISS IT. WISHING U ALL THE BEST! MAY GOD GUILD UR DECISION.

Hahaha! who says it's easier getting a job in America when even proper Americans are loosing their jobs? Hahaha, pls my brother, America is good when it comes to feeding, but the other aspect is yark. Even whe you get that job you will be offered with your student/work permit visa, you will end up using all to pay bills and saving nothing. Think well before you move dear.

Como, in the end its all up to you. The States is a great place to be but having good work experience here is also great. There are a lot of things to consider like the school your going into and course you're going to major in. What are their ratings and all. What kind of job are you likely to get over there. What's the continuity opportunity if you decide to take the banking job here. Very importantly, what do you really want to do. Follow your stronger passion because at the end of the day, you'll bear the regrets alone.
    All the best..

If u can postpone the Us thingy do so. Work experience is always helpful if you are planning on going for a masters.
    God is good

My friend i will advise you to stay back and finish ur programme i.e CIBN,if u can differ the visa till when u finish ur programme is okay but if not forget about it for now i know God will open another door for you.The choice is yours ..................................stay cooooooooooooooooooooool
    J

Quote Originally Posted by COMO
    House kindly evaluate & advise me: I recently secured an "American R-F1 Visa" i.e a 2-year Renewable work-study Visa for a Graduate program with only a Tuition Scholarship attached but will be switching to one of the commercial banks by April & still running my CIBN here.

Do i defer it, finish my programs here & probably would have joined the banking and be confirmed before leaving

Como,

If i did not misunderstood you, America Visa (work-study) for a Graduate program. from what u wrote, i passive u already possess a degree and running a professional course. Also have some degree of certainty that u will get an appointment with a commercial bank soon which is inline with your path of study.
    you are building a career already

Ask your this questions
    instead of repeating a degree program, all because u want to go america... does it worth it?
    it is just like u are starting all over again after high school.

i think the next phase in your career should be master level. my advice is "complete your professional course, gather experience and applied for your master abroad.. you surely get it"

Re: Confused! Should I go 4 Msc in USA or take the bank offer?

finish one first b4 u move to next (ur programme i.e CIBN)

RE: BANKING RECRUITMENT

@DONCELEE: Tanx u gave me a gud line of reasoning Sir tanx once again.
    @ ALL: Thank you all & more opinion please. But is a banking Job very stable & how reliable, how sustaining & fulfilling is it? What would have been the case if it were UK? However, from xprnce as a member of ”IRC” which is an arm of ”U.S.I.S” & based on my consultancy with ”EAC”. Life in general isn’t a bed of roses anywhere either & a SURVIVOR refers to someone who is able to carry on with his life through even difficulties & challenges with a bright & indomitable spirit. Besides, AMERICA has a better & more stable economy & policies that encourage development & empowerment, besides there are a lot of things one can do there like Contact/Profile building, Biz. / trading & bringing in things into Naija, Again, i’v seen a 1st, 2nd & 3rd level bankers that chose the option of travelling though with strong plans. I actually wants a good career in the socio-economic & political scene, ...making good money, building a good profile to qualify me for any public office & creating CONTACTS that will earn me a political appointment,lol (c my ambition ...we’ll get there!!!).
    @meggidoggy1896: Pessimism doesn’t help any body in the ladder of success. So many Senior bankers are still loosing their jobs here in Naija, & with almost 50% cut in salary. Are proper Nigerians not loosing thier jobs & yet feeding aspect is a yark here
    @Tigerspace: I don’t entertain regrets by God’s grace.
    @Olowu2007: CIBN or ICAN isn’t a problem bcos it could be deferred. On a polite note, it seems u just left school or have not acquired any? I need more open doors & not just another.
    @SIMALEX: Yes already with a 1st degree, numerous professional courses & with some years of xprience though underpaid but considering going for GRADUATE PROGRAM(MASTERS). Y on earth will i repeat an undergrad.!.
    @leggie: U r d only person that did not give ur advice! Lol. I welcome diverse suggestions (+ve & -ve ones). Still i like ur observation, keep it up but needs ur advice.
    @IYKEEP: Does who scored 50/100 pass successfully? HALF-WAY SECURED JOB in the STORMY BANKING SYSTEM that are laying off those already within for balance! Foreign schools are distinctions.
    @ADMIN: y changing the Original TOPIC for what u might have considered appropriate but AM NOT CONFUSED? simply asking for Thinking Lines.

+ Reply