+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: CBN Governor Sanusi is Simply creating Unemployment with his Banking Reforms

Re: CBN Governor Sanusi is Simply creating Unemployment with his Banking Reforms

I wonder why nigerians are never tired of importation.
    We started with the importation of used vehicles, appliances, equipment. Now we are at the level of importation of ideas/policies.
    Good as the CBN economic policies sound, they are not ideal for our stage of economic development. The same govt that gives the CBN governor the powers to implement policies at will is expected to be proactive enough to know that unemployment is one of the many results of those policies, thereby providing a softlanding for those that would be affected. This idea of 'one cap fits all' being practised in Nigeria can't get us anywhere.
    My position is that if we must imbibe/import economic policies of the western world, let us do it to the latter and stop implementing only policies that seem inimical to the interest of the populace.
    Eg. why is our power supply not based on a tripod platform (ie sourced from coal, solar energy, and gas)to ensure that our industries are running thus creating jobs? or is that not what is practised in the western world?
    The govt should have a rethink and curb this alarming rate of unemployment.

@davo, I think it is wrong for u to tell ur fellow forumites to keep quiet. We all have our rights to express ourselves.

Re: CBN Governor Sanusi is Simply creating Unemployment with his Banking Reforms

There are strong debates among renowned Economists as to which policies suited for emerging economies & they came out with DEVELOPMENT ECONOMICS which i'm totally in support. In summary, they came out with policies dat developin countries lyk Nigeria sud adopt 2 attain dvlpt rather than classical theory dat wil neva work 4 us which Sanusi is using. We ned 2 structure our own policies for our condition.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12