+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Topic: Application/Cover letter and CV/Resume Format!

Re: Application/Cover letter and CV/Resume Format!

Faith, I am sure you meant well by putting these cover/application letters on here but they don't cut it when it comes to applying for jobs. I work in HR and I WILL NOT call up someone who sent that in to me. An application letter is for an applicant to tell me how they feel they meet the person specification for a role and let me know they understand what the job description clearly entails. It could be about 3 paragraphs but definitely not your life history or like you said pitiful stories. Pls don't ever put your email address or phone number on that top right hand bit of a formal letter, it is WRONG pls! Email cover letters DON'T need to have electronic signatures and I don't see any requirement for it as your email address is sort of the electronic signature in this case. Faith you did a noble thing by assisting but it's only nice we try as much as possible to make sure we are providing the right kind of advice when we offer to help. I don't care if you guys have a go at me but I just had to bare my mind on this. All the best with your job search guys.

May God bless you for your effort.
    Efv.

@aniomaman, that's the beauty of this forum, if you see any flaw, just point it out constructively as you've done. This will enable us reach a desirable and good conclusion on any subject matter.
    @faith yetu, thanks for the info

VICTORIA ASCERTA

Hi

@ faith, pls what is d diff bw cover letter and appli2tiö letter?

Honeygal, use Google.

Honeygal, thanks for dat brilliant question, i was actually going to comment on that issue.

Cover letter (eg those one faith posted) is just a brief description of your skills and qualification(not more than one paragraph) to meet the job's criteria but application letter is a detailed description of your experience, background(not family, but education, experience, skills, reasons etc. Can be upto three paragraphs) for the job you're applying for. It is normally in your own handwriting.

Secondly, i have been to an interview where i used my name as the subject of my resume. The first question is, which one is your firstname? I mean, though the old format of CV writing is gradually fading, there are still coys who need a detail desription of your personal data to upgrade their data incase they employ you.

One luv.
    I

@FAITH YETU & @ANIOMAMAN

INTERESTING AND BY AND LARGE U GUYS DID A LOVELY POST INCLUDING OTHER GUYS IN THE FORUM THAT POSTED...

I AM GOING TO SPEAK AS AN HR MYSELF FOR I CURRENTLY WORK AS AN HR WITH DOYIN GROUP AND ITS WILL INTEREST U GUYS THAT GENERALLY MAJORITY OF NIGERIA GRADUATES ARE THE CAUSE OF THEIR LACK OF IMPROVEMENT IN WRITING WHAT WE ALL TAG COMMON OR SIMPLE CV, APPLICATION AND COVER LETTER....

SIMPLY PUT @FAITH YETU YOUR CV FORMAT IS PARTIALLY INCORRECT FRM URSEF FOR THE BEAUTY OF SIMPLE APPLICATION & CV SHOULD NOT BE NEGLECTED FOR IT SHOULD BE AS BRIEF AS POSSIBLE DEVOID OF FLAWS AND OVERSTATEMENT WHILE THE COVER LETTER SHOULD BE AS STRAIGHT TO THE POINT....AND WHY SHOULD WORK EXPERIENCE COME BEFORE YOUR PERSONAL BIO DATA&EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICTIONS.....pls this should be avoided!!!

WELL I AM GOING TO CORRECT FORMAT OF CV, APPLICATION AND COVER FOR PERUSAL OF THE FORUM AND THOSE INTERESTED TO BE INFORM....

PLS TAKE NOTE OF THESE: CV SHOULD ALWAYS GO WITH UR AGE PLSSSSSSSSSSSS URGENT AND IMPORTANT AS DISAGREED BY @ FAITH YETU FOR A CV WITHOUT AGE IS NONSENCE! moreso application should be formal not experssing your competency or personality, it should just be straight to the point TAKE NOTE the guy with that asked d question and also the guy that wrongly answered the question!!!

CHECK d FORUM FOR CORRECT FORMAT OF CV, COVER LETTER AND APPLICATION....

THANX AND SEE U GUYS AT THE TOP

@Faith yetu plz i need your e.mail address you are good.

OK U CAN NOW CHECK FOR THE CORRECT FORMAT OF CV, APPLICATION & COVER LETTER FRM THE POST I JUST POSTED TO THE FORUM

BUT I NOTICE SOMETHING FRM THE POST THAT THE CV AND COVER/APPLICATION LETTER DID NOT AS IN WHEN ITS ON MICROSOFT WORD...OK!!! JUST TO TAKE NOTE FOR THE FORUM MEMBERS.

AND TO EMPHASIZE THAT THERE ARE DIFFERENT FORMAT BUT ITS HAS TO BE PRECISE AND CONCISE DEVOID OF IRRELEVANCE AND INFORMALITY IRRESPECTIVE OF THE FORMAT OF THE CV.
    "
    "NO MAN IS AN ISLAND OF KNOWLEDGE" FOR I MIGHT BE RIGHT OR WRONG BUT WILL ALWAYS APPRECIATE IT IF THERE IS OR ARE ANY WRONG TO BE CORRECTED AND POINTED OUT SO THAT WE ALL USE THIS FORUM TO LEARN AND BENEFIT FROM EACH OTHER....

Cheers and see u guys at the top!!!

@situp, thanx 4 ur contribution but please type in lowercase for easy reading.

Well, well, well! All Critics here are constructive. I appreciate you all. Just make sure you're helping someone out that's all. Take charge and God bless you.

thanks Faith, you are really wonderfull, once again thanks for the great job

@ scotfield, it's always my PLEASURE. Take charge.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast