+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Agip oil recruitment: Real of scam?

Agip oil recruitment: Real of scam?

I got the following text from someone claiming to know me early this morning;

Gooday,...........,dis is MR................., ur kopa mate at.............,how are u hope fine,hv u gotten a job?if not cal me now i have just secured a job with agip oil in rivers state.employment is on.

i wonder hw the person knew my name and from wch state i served but going by the name of the person, i have never met him at anypoint in my life. i didn't bother to evn waste my precious airtime to call back

Junior Member enitanol@yahoo.com's Avatar

Re: Agip oil recruitment: Real of scam?

Guy run,its a scam,i got d same sms sumtym ago bt instead d guy said shell,he claimed he was a corper mate wer i served,askin if av gotten ajob,tellin me he secured a job for me in shell,he asked me to call sum1,wen i cald he started tellin me stories and later to pay 10,000 naira.Pls dnt fall oh,na big scam.

A guy also cald me dat he is my corper mate where i served, he got a job wt Agip and that they are available jobs there, i shuld cal him. I cald a frnd of mine wt Agip and he said nothing of such. I ignored d scammer, few daz later, another cald me abt shell.
    What superises me is how dey knw my name and where i served, and i dnt seems to knw dem.
    Pls just ignore dem, they are scammer dat dont even knw how to scam.

Guy run o o o o o o

I got one like that too,but the interesting thing is we had a photo album,when i checked this guys picture was there with all the detials he gave me.what do you guys suggest please?

Quote Originally Posted by bermudaunknown View Post
    I got one like that too,but the interesting thing is we had a photo album,when i checked this guys picture was there with all the detials he gave me.what do you guys suggest please?
    what do you mean by "what do you guys suggest please" do u need a sooth-sayer to tell you they are scammers.
    Maybe the guy picked d phone album and u happend to be the one his eyes went to, ur name and number is there already, so is easy for him. Except u knw d guy very well, den u can try him, bt if u dnt, u better run, before the little money u saved is spent on him.

The problem realy, stems from the reckless way and manner with which people divulge sensitive and personal information online. You see folks in NHJ giving out their e-mail IDs and phone numbers in posts, in the process, falling prey to con artists. With the careless attitude people give up personal data online, we're very lucky that internet fraud (apart from yahoo-yahoo) is still low in Nigeria; for if the economy were one deepened in online banking and e-commerce, people will know the consequence and how to guard their personal data. Please, dont share your personal information with people you dont know or trust. Protect yourself from fraud and identity theft. A word is enough...

Junior Member enitanol@yahoo.com's Avatar
    y are u behavin like a child,like u are not smart.. The guy obviously has dat photo album with him and he randomly picked sumone and gave u his detail and lied dat he is d one,is it not clear.Haba

my guy ignore such txts or calls , those guys are scammers cos i also received a call sometime ago, they have the nysc magazine/album where they pick their victim claiming to be the person in certain page. May God help naija.

Scam, no deal.

Well said guys, i wonder why people would want to scam applicants or even anybody without any fear of God at all. when i got that text, i read it over and over trying to remember whether i have ever met anyone with the said name, but not at all.the question that came to me immediately was why the sudden contact after almost two years of my discharge from nysc, He didn't call to know how i was doing only to call out of the blue referring to himself as 'MR'.i wonder why am even withholding the name. the name of the scammer is MR MAXWELL LINUS with mobile no:07030295457..he ought to be ashamed of himself, i wish we had a bio database of everybody in this country then he would really know how fast the cookie crumbles!!!

kenny, he wldnt use hs real name. d same was done to my sista too abt 3 mths ago, it was a call, he asked her to call engr george amakri, 4rm my research ders a person like dat in ph bt d person dat called was impersonating d real person, God will deliver us

+ Reply