Academic Staff Recruitment at Kaduna State University

Kaduna State University - Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following academic cadres in the under fisted departments/courses:

1.) Faculty of Arts
Arabic

• Professor/ Reader
  • Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer I/Lecturer II

Christian Religious

• Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer 1/Lecturer II

English and Drama

• Professor/Reader
  • Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer 1/Lecturer II
  • Assistant Lecturer

Hausa

• Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer I/Lecturer II
  • Assistant Lecturer

History

• Senior Lecturer
  • Assistant Lecturer

Islamic Studies

• Professors/Reader
  • Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer 1/Lecturer II

2.) Faculty of Science
Biochemistry

• Professor/Reader
  • Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer I/Lecturer II
  • Assistant Lecturer

Biology

• Professor/Reader
  • Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer I/Lecturer II
  • Assistant Lecturer

Chemistry

• Professor/Reader
  • Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer I/Lecturer II
  • Assistant Lecturer

Industrial Chemistry

• Professor/Reader
  • Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer I/Lecturer II
  • Assistant Lecturer II

Computer Science

• Professor/ Reader
  • Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer I/Lecturer II

Geography

• Professor/Reader
  • Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer I/Lecturer II
  • Assistant Lecturer

Microbiology

• Professor/Reader
  • Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer I/Lecturer II
  • Assistant Lecturer

3.) Faculty of Soc. & Mgt. Sciences
Accounting

• Professor/Reader
  • Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer I/Lecturer II

Economics

• Professor/Reader
  • Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer I/Lecturer II
  • Assistant Lecturer

Mass Communication

• Professor/Reader
  • Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer I/Lecturer II

Political Science

• Professor/Reader
  • Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer I/Lecturer II

Sociology

• Professor/Reader
  • Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer I/Lecturer II

4.) Faculty of Agriculture
Animal Science

• Professor/Reader
  • Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer I/Lecturer II

Crop/Soil Science

• Professor/Reader
  • Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer I/Lecturer II

5.) Faculty of Env. Sciences

• Estate Management
  • Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer 1/Lecturer II

6.) Faculty of Medicine
Medicine

• Lecturer I/Lecturer II
  • Assistant Lecturer

Anatomy

• Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer I/Lecturer II
  • Assistant Lecturer

Physiology

• Professor/Reader
  • Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer I/Lecturer II
  • Assistant Lecturer

Pathology

• Professor/Reader
  • Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer I/Lecturer II
  • Assistant Lecturer

Community Medicine

• Senior Lecturer

Clinical Pharmacology

• Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer I/Lecturer II
  • Assistant Lecturer

Surgery

• Professor/Reader
  • Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer I/Lecturer II
  • Assistant Lecturer

Paediatrics

• Professor/Reader
  • Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer I/Lecturer II
  • Assistant Lecturer

Obstetrics and Gynaecology

• Professor/Reader
  • Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer I/Lecturer II
  • Assistant Lecturer

Radiology

• Professor/Reader
  • Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer I/ Lecturer II
  • Assistant Lecturer

Anesthesia

• Professor/Reader
  • Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer I/Lecturer II
  • Assistant Lecturer

Library

• Assistant Librarian

Qualifications (General)
Professor

• Candidates must possess a PhD. in relevant discipline with 9 years cognate post-qualification experience in the University system.
  • Ability to initiate and supervise applied research/project/exhibition production.
  • Evidence of community service and academic publication in reputable journals and books.

Reader

• Candidates must possess a PhD. in relevant discipline with 8 years cognate postgraduate experience in the University system,
  • Ability to initiate and supervise applied research/project/ exhibition/production.
  • Evidence of community service and academic publication in reputable journals and books.

Senior Lecturer

• Candidates must possess a Ph.D. in relevant discipline with 3 years teaching and research experience in the University system or similar institution.
  • Ability to initiate and supervise approved research project.

Lecturer I

• Candidates must possess M.Sc/MA. in relevant discipline with 3 years teaching and research experience in the University system or similar institution or a PhD.

Lecturer II

• Candidates must possess M.Sc/MA. in relevant discipline with 3 years teaching and research experience in the University system or similar institution.

Assistant Lecturer

• Candidates must possess a good Masters degree in relevant discipline.

Qualifications (Pre-Clinical)
Professor

• Candidates must possess MBBS and Ph.D. or equivalent in relevant discipline with 9 years cognate post-qualification experience in the University system,
  • Ability to initiate and supervise applied research/project/exhibition/ production.

Reader

• Candidates must possess MBBS, Ph.D. or equivalent in relevant discipline with 6 years cognate postgraduate experience in the University system.
  • Ability to initiate and supervise applied research/project/exhibition/ production.
  • Evidence of community service arid academic publication in reputable journals and books.

Senior Lecturer

• Candidates must possess MBBS and PhD. or equivalent in relevant discipline with S years teaching and research experience In the University system or similar institution,
  • Evidence of community service and academic publication in reputable journals and book.

Lecturer I

• Candidates must possess either an MBBS and Ph.D. or MESS and M.Sc. in relevant discipline with 3 years teaching and research experience in the University system or similar institution.

Lecturer II

• Candidates must possess MBBS and M.Sc. in relevant discipline.
  • Ability to initiate and supervise approved research project

Assistant Lecturer

• Candidates must possess MBBS.

Qualifications (Clinical)
Professor

• Candidates must possess MBBS and Pact II final fellowship of the Medical Colleges or equivalent with 9 years cognate post qualification experience in the University system.
  • Ability to initiate and supervise applied research search/project/exhibition/production.

Reader

• Candidates must possess MBBS and Pact II final fellowship of the Medical Colleges or equivalent with 8 years cognate post qualification experience in the University system.

Senior Lecturer

• Candidates must possess MBBS and Part II final fellowship of the Medical Colleges or equivalent with 3 years cognate post qualification experience in the University system.
  • Ability to initiate and supervise applied research/project/exhibition/production.

Lecturer I

• Candidates must possess MBBS and Pact II final fellowship of the Medical Colleges or equivalent.
  • Ability to initiate and supervise approved research project

Lecturer II

• Candidates must possess MBBS and Part I of fellowship of the Medical Colleges or equivalent.
  • Ability to Initiate and supervise approved research project.

Assistant Lecturer

• Candidates must possess MESS.

Library

• Assistant Librarian
  • Candidates must possess BLS/BLIS degree.

Conditions of Service

• Conditions of service are as obtainable in Nigerian Universities and as approved by the Governing Council of the University.

APPLY HERE

Note

• Applicants should request two of their referees to forward references on their behalf direct to the Registrar using the above address.
  • Applicants are to note that only fields and courses advertised here should be applied for and that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.

Application Deadline: 14th August, 2013