HI, I BET YOU OPENED THIS TOPIC BECAUSE YOU ARE UNEMPLOYED...
IF YOU ARE EMPLOYED, YOU COULD ALSO READ THROUGH CAREFULLY AND TELL IT THE WAY IT TRULY IS...

Unemployment occurs when a person is available and willing to work but currently without work. Who are unemployed: WE ARE!! We are all capable and willing, not just getting it.
Unemployment worldwide is bad! But how is Naija doing?
I've been trying to read the stats online, on average, am getting nothing but am sure its almost close to an 100% figure. Because even those with Jobs fear the next day. I’ve never had faith in employment statistics in Nigeria because the possibility it being Void is almost instantaneous. No matter which sector in Nigeria they are referring to, the employment data depend on the motives of the person collecting them. In many cases they include immigrants on assisted programmes from all over the world taking advantage of an employment opportunity in Nigeria which normally should not be included in the data mining process. It's impossible to draw an accurate picture.

THE NAIJA SITUATION
A Job owner is capable of doing everything in his/her power to sabotage another colleague’s opportunity to grab an offer. You might think what this means but if you have ever worked in a company in Naija, you would understand why people protect their Jobs ‘at all costs’ since the employer is assumed to be their 'life saver',meal ticket as others put it. Personally, I don't think that an employee should feel this way towards his/her employer. An employer should be more interested in performance and shun office ‘acting’. Yet, an average Nigerian understands that once s/he has been unemployed for awhile, the next option is going back to school or engage in one of the employment programs. But the greatest shocker still awaits them.
Another issue is you cannot really tell how many people are looking for work and doing other things because in Nigeria, once you are unemployed, you wield nothing but the 'Devil's workshop'.

Here we are on NAIJAHOTJOBS, before opening a vacancy page, a Nigerian 'unemployed' now recognizes Scam Artists and their schemes. Job searchers hate to neither respond to marketing jobs (especially Insurance) nor see advertisements from Estbreakthrough, (laffs) Land for sale ads is the order of the day on a Job page. People even sell chicken and recharge cards putting their ads in the job page too as a marketing technique. Infact, if you are a regular on Job sites, you would have been caught in scammers nests and lost some money at one point or the other. Do you know how you feel when this happens to you? The same way the ‘yahoo yahoo’boys victimize people globally. The trust we lost globally is eating into us ‘internally’. We don’t even trust ourselves anymore. Not even our employers? Don’t you all see that this economy of ours is dwindling into the Dark? Some will say we are the cause of our problems but I will like to challenge such people because they contribute more to the issues at hand more than they can imagine. If you aspire to be a security agent, why don’t you take advantage of these opportunity and find some of these scammers, send the information you gather to EFCC office and see whether they won’t contact you for more facts. You can get employed into their organization after effective breakdown of your actions (Never say Never)

In Lagos, you would imagine where the intentions of our government really lie. They stress tax payment and don't bother on providing taxable incomes for people, they shut the middlemen (E.g. Okada riders) trying too make ends meet because they believe its causing nothing but a nuisance. Kai, there's fire on the mountain, and nobody seems to be on the RUN...'if you are walking in the market place, DON'T THROW STONES’!!! Would you tell me that none of these individuals (in government) that made the proposition of banning Okada riders have no relatives in that occupation? Instead of replacing these category of occupation with another and simply forcing Okada Riders to Migrate into another status or refining their operations.

Tell me, when did the public sector charge as much as 1500naira for an application form When we all know Fraud rests in their 'bosoms'. With Bribery and corruption being the order of the day, FRSC and NDLEA will definitely employ their 'OWN' with lesser certifications and qualifications to yours and those who contributed into their pool of funds wont even receive an evidence of deposit let alone a 'thank you'. That is all I see coming.

Anyways, my conclusion is that Undergraduates are terrified, Job owners are scared and the unemployed keep on hoping. When will we start building our entrepreneurial minds?
We need to be re-orientated and TAKE CHARGE! Turn yourselves into think-tanks and worry more about making your dreams come through. Quit living in another man’s dreams(JOB SEARCHING)- though you can still search but live everyday trying to find interests of yours that are precious to you. Live everyday refining these ideas of yours and work towards making it a reality everyday and always. Let that day that you can conveniently drop a letter of resignation approach you just like you approached ‘them’ when picking the appointment letter.

Incase you are considering working independently and choosing a path and need tips to success, let’s chat it out by
Yahoo messenger: mcseankola
Bb pin: furnished on interest
Email: furnished on interest

I hope I have been able to convince and not confuse you o. AIDS IS REAL BUT IGNORANCE IS WORSE THAN AIDS OOOO