+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: MTN BAD SERVICES&BAD STAFFS

MTN BAD SERVICES&BAD STAFFS

House, avnt u also been maltreated in the hands of MTN's terrible services and their bad mannered staff? This is my story, i bought MTN model at AKure for 5500 and subscribed 2500 for the night plan.Un4tunatly, till now d modem did not connect. I went back to their office but the bad mannered staff treated me like a rag... just imagine.i bet that this guy knows nothing about d mkting slogan dt "Customers are King". both d modem and subscription is useless. Imagine seein ur hard earned money just wastin away. i will report this issue to CPC. though i'm not xpecting somethin really serious... Thats my story o.

Re: MTN BAD SERVICES&BAD STAFFS

I agree with you, MTN Customer care is crappy. They believe that because they have a large network, they are indispensable.
    Well, I dunno about the =N=1500 issue, but I can help with the modem thing. I had the same problem... worse, cos I got a useless non-functional modem first, then I got a second one from their office that worked for lees than three months. And I am very careful.
    The solution I got was this: I got a simple 3G-enabled phone (preferably Nokia), installed the Nokia PC suite on my laptop,loaded the MTN SIMwith the credit, but instead of putting the SIM inside the modem, I used the phone and attached it to my laptop using the computer cable. Then I connected to the internet via the phone. It has worked for me ever since. I don't have =N=8000 to throw away at MTN every month if it didn't. In fact, that's what I'm using now.
    I've told loads of people this my method... and it has never ever failed them. It doesn't have to be an expensive phone, or even brand new. Any 3g phone that you can connect to a computer will do. Even without the PC suite, you can go through NETWORK CONNECTIONS on your computer and connect. China phones have been known to work fine.

Enjoy!
    V

Quote Originally Posted by vanessavenus
    I agree with you, MTN Customer care is crappy. They believe that because they have a large network, they are indispensable.
    Well, I dunno about the =N=1500 issue, but I can help with the modem thing. I had the same problem... worse, cos I got a useless non-functional modem first, then I got a second one from their office that worked for lees than three months. And I am very careful.
    The solution I got was this: I got a simple 3G-enabled phone (preferably Nokia), installed the Nokia PC suite on my laptop,loaded the MTN SIMwith the credit, but instead of putting the SIM inside the modem, I used the phone and attached it to my laptop using the computer cable. Then I connected to the internet via the phone. It has worked for me ever since. I don't have =N=8000 to throw away at MTN every month if it didn't. In fact, that's what I'm using now.
    I've told loads of people this my method... and it has never ever failed them. It doesn't have to be an expensive phone, or even brand new. Any 3g phone that you can connect to a computer will do. Even without the PC suite, you can go through NETWORK CONNECTIONS on your computer and connect. China phones have been known to work fine.

Enjoy!
    How do yo connect china phone to your pc and then use to browse?please respond!
    D

Depending on your OS, and if the phone is 3g enabled (i.e. can you browse with it using the mobile phone browser? it has to be a yes, o)
    -get a usb cable
    -connect the phone to the pc
    -go to network connections, and set up a new dial-up connection with the phone as a modem. I'm using windows 7, so it's almost always automatic
    -when you want to connect, just click on the connect icon, and select the phone modem, and dial
    -usual rates apply

Just try it for yourself... trial and error won't harm
    V

+ Reply