In most developing countries where both old and fresh graduates hit the labour market in search for job on daily basis, finding a dream job can be so competitive and frustrating.

I know you must be reading this article either because you are looking for a new job or you are not satisfied with the one you are already engaging in. One thing I’ve come to realize is that no lecturer teacher in your school would teach you how to search for your dream job. Everything about job search, including test, interview techniques how to network are what you have to learn after graduation from college.

This led me into researching how one can get a job fast and I believe you will find this five tips useful…

1) Avoid Idleness
While searching and waiting for your dream job, don’t wait for the job in that big corporation, that oil and Gas Company or that bank you are targeting.

Get any available offer so you can gain adequate hand on experience while you are waiting. So start looking at small business, micro finance banks, private schools, local Government secretariat jobs… any kind of employer that may come your way. Since you know where you are going.

2) Networking is a great tool
It’s now getting easier getting job by job networking. It could be traditionally or online. One great place to network is on jobseekersnigeria.com, where Nigerian jobseekers gather to discuss everything relating to career and job hunt techniques and general recruitment. You could get your dream job via job networking.

3) You need experience
Yeah! You heard it. Most large corporations these days do not want to spend money on graduate training. So they often prefer experienced hands and since this is a competitive market, only the best fitted would be called for job test and interview. So you need hand on experience at all cost.

4) Have a good resume
I have to add this because your resume tells a lot about you and your worth. The best you can do here is after coming up with your resume, get experts to have a look at it probably they could help you fix up any stinking part of it. There is a lot of material out there that could be of help in writing your resume.

5) Job market is highly competitive: Have a competitive mind set
The truth of the whole matter is that life itself is competitive so as a jobseeker, you should get ready to compete in the job market. The competition starts from when you are writing you cover letter. Once you have the competitive mind set, then you’ll be set to face the challenges.

Good luck in your job search
http://www.careerbuilderng.com