+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: NIGERIAN APPLICANTS; WAKE UP. THIS IS NOT FUNNY, DO SOMETHING NOW!!!

NIGERIAN APPLICANTS; WAKE UP. THIS IS NOT FUNNY, DO SOMETHING NOW!!!

NIGERIAN APPLICANTS!!! WHY, THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!
    PLEASE READ THIS. TRY READ ALL, THANKS

I felt so embarrassed with what I saw concerning that stupid, on-the-walk, biro-less and common entrance examination question. Well, the person who shot the question only make me confirm that Graduates as so called out there are looking for the best when they are not even good not to talk of being better before being called best for jobs.
    My experience @ three Aptitude tests within 2008/10 so far have made me to relax and not struggle for any UPCOMING TESTS. I see myself as an average performer trying to upgrade myself against eminent competing Applicant.

In 2008, I wrote a test among 150 applicants @ C&I Leasing PLC recruiting for a Telecom Company then (Name withheld), I scored 96%, the person who scored next after me scored 86%, next to him was 43, 40, 34,.... It means only 2 out of 150 passed. TOO BAD

Last year 2009, I took part in the Nigerian Bottling Company (NBC) Tranee technician Aptitude test. All Applicants from west region i.e Lagos, Ibadan, Osun,... came to write in Ikeja. There was morning, afternoon & evening session. I even heard that some people wrote theirs a day before my own date. On my own day @ Oregun, afternoon session, the hall took not less than 500 applicants. Imagine the total number if there were up to minimum of 6 session for that 2 days. Let say 3000 Applicants. At the venue, I was cold and scared seeing the crowd. Though I had a job with PZ Cussons Plc, I wanted the NBC job. I wrote the test not to my best due to the CROUD TENSION.
    When the result was pasted, WITH ALL MY SHAMBLE AND UN-COORDINATED PERFORMANCE, I WAS THE OVERALL 2ND BEST, FOR THE WHOLE LOT OF THE NBC CROUD FROM ALL OVER WEST REGION NIGERIA. The 1st person scored 42% with GP (Gross point) 5/10, I scored 37% with G.P 4/10. The multitude that followed after mine scored below 30, having G.P 2/10 and below. Does it mean, all the applicants never went to the school they came out from. I wonder WHY!!!

Let me reserve my experience in PZ test and Training outcomes till next time. If need be.

These days, I don't wish to worry and prepare for aptitude test again since the challenges I've always feared so much are not always there. To upgrade, I see it as irrelevant.

Though I never fail to recognise the GRACE of GOD upon me. But Applicants should upgrade themselve to be competent enough for the jobs. There are jobs but Best Jobs are being taken over by the competents.
    Maybe the competents who are already employed should continue changing jobs available for the unemployed and seizing the best jobs. Since whenever they apply and take tests and interviews, they'll surely be taken.
    GUYS, LETS GO AND DO OUR HOMEWORK WELL, UPGRADE URSELF TO GET THE BEST AVAILABLE.

I'M SORRY IF I'VE OFFENDED ANYONE WITH MY EPISTLE; IT'S ONLY A LIVE AND DIRECT REALITY BY ME.

WISH U ALL THE BEST.
    St Sundfab Unltd Intl

Re: NIGERIAN APPLICANTS; WAKE UP. THIS IS NOT FUNNY, DO SOMETHING NOW!!!

ure 2 direct,more like praising yrself.u knw there are better ways to go about this witout insulting Nigerian graduates.u cud as wel give d house tips on hw to appraise themselves 4 better Job in that case more wil benefit and still tank u wit offered prayer points 4u rather than yr self justification post.dnt 4get is God that maketh d rich.d humble He loves and exult ,d pride he rebukes and brings down.dts not my prayer 4 u,He wil continue to uphold u, bt pride goeth b4 a fall.

All he said is just a 'bitter pill' 2 b swallowed. Most of dis coys organise aptitude tests 4 limited spaces wyl thousands write the test. They actually do dat 4 formality sake. So u just av 2 b d best or worst b it, among d top 3/ thereabt. Nowadays, I sleep wit my study bks lying nxt 2 me on my bed. I just graduated and waiting 2 go 4 service. I don't av d strenght of running all over Nig 4 test. So am getting myself well equipped. How well wud he av told d story witout using himself as an example. No pain,no gain. All prayers witout hardwork is fruitless. Av started my prayers and am studing hard. Believe me, there's no other way out

Stsundfab, you have a point there, the truth is that most Nigerian Graduates do not Prepare for test so they flop badly.
    Let me share an experience, in 2008, C & I Leasing was interviewing a group of would be marketers and the only question the HR asked was "WHO CAN PROVE TO ME THAT HALF + HALF IS EQUAL TO ONE" I could not believe that none except a young lady answered the question. Others attempted and failed it. Well thats it.

But brother, I have a problem with your perspective. You sound too PROUD. Talk less of your self let others do the complimenting.

Takia.

Guys, I can't talk about your own experience that I don't know about. Pardon me.

But I said PARDON ME @ the end of my story. I'm just simple and humble enough to charge the house up. I think I would have been a liar to change or modify the story. All I did was due to the guy who sent such mathematics question and some of our guys answer it wrongly.

Well I know "Truth Is Bitter" (thanks to Goldribbonz).

No matter how U paint truth, one day the paint will corrode to rust and the covered truth will still be opened live and direct but maybe with losses.

I pray we will all get there with God on our sides. But we need to do our parts, 'cos HEAVEN HELP THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES

God Bless U all.

Still remain
    St Sundfab Unltd

LISTEN, THE RACE IS NT FOR THE SWIFT OR BRILLIANT, U CALL 3000 GRADUATES AND U INTEND EMPLOYING 10, IF 2000 PASSED, WHAT DO U THINK THEY WILL TELL THEM AFTER EXTRACTING THE FEW THEY WANT AND THEY BUILD UP A PERCENTAGE. SO IF 50 SHUD PASS, WOULD THEY EMPLOY THEM ? HAV U EVER HEARD OF- " U PASSED BT NO MORE SLOTS" ? U DIDN'T GET A JOB DOES NT MEAN U POOR,,STOP THE DEMORALIZATION...

U really have to work on ur ego.

@St Sundfab Unltd,
    you may actually be making a point here but i think that there are better ways of reaching a particular target audience..your sermon below shows that you cannot quite distinguish the diff between being brilliant and intelligent,,,yes and indeed, you are very very narrow minded in your reasoning.

i may stake it here that you had no sure answer to the question that was why you couldnt give a response and yet you raised this as a subject.VERY GOOD!

NOW let me re-engineer your thinking faculty a little with a small sermon...i also wrote the NBC test you claimed you scored %%%%% and passed,dusted all the interview but turned down the peanuts they offered to pay, of course i earn better.

I was late for a test in UBA HOUSE in 2008 due to unforeseen occurrence and then i had just 10mins to aswer 50q after pleading to write the test. i spent 5mins solving what i knew and spent 5mins shading rubbish, yes rubbish you heard me well because i dont have to read b4 shading and yet i had 84%---HOW COME?i did nothing to deserve the score but i guess it was pure luck.of course i turned down the offer cos they pay ET(Executive Training) just 106k and i earn better than that.

NOW LETS tie in the NORMATIVE AND POSITIVE economy to this situation and you will discover that 60% of the reason why graduates dont really do well is as result of economic and little of internal factors.JUST IMAGINE A COUNTRY WHERE THERE IS LOW ECONOMIC GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT,OVERPOPULATION,BAD GOVERNMENT,INCREASE IN UNIVERSITIES,POLYS,COLLEGES,RACISM, FAVOURITISM ETC and NOT to mention the MANY companies who invite more that 5000 graduates for a JOB VACANCY of just 2 to 5 persons so as to CLAIM that they are performing SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY.What happens when 20 people passed?

Are you really better than all the 1st class graduates who fail test??EVERY1 HAS ITS OWN TIME and the fact that you did one cheap test somewhere does not mean that you are even an average educated graduates because any1 can pass any 'test'.

My intention here is not to cause hurt feelings but to advise you to CHOOSE your words correctly when addressing members of this great forum.I answered this questioned correctly in an interview,now if you are that intelligent or even brilliant, (since you cant solve and post ur maths answer here),try simple ENGLISH

Please tell me-
    WHAT IS THE DIFF BETWEEN TALKING AND SPEAKING?
    WHAT IS THE OPPOSITE OF THE WORD SORRY?one word

one love

@Mikky 1 i quite agree wit u.St Stundfab is so egocentric

+ Reply