+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Topic: ESSO/EXXON MOBIL - A Mirage!; Please prove me wrong.

Re: ESSO/EXXON MOBIL - A Mirage!; Please prove me wrong.

2 me kudos to EXXON cos one of da best in my class is dere and oda of my schoolmates who merited it.
    Nonetheless, am not disputing d Nija factor. Anyway, lets keep trying, we'll meet where champions meet. CHEERS!

@ subsy..hey men...i realy wish i knew u enuf to spend a sat. afternoon with u discussin...soccer or something. I'd probably have the chance to dicuss extensively with u on this issue.
    Anyway, no need to make derogatory statements, u were speakin ur mind, basically to iamahustler, but such statements could be hurtful to others,..like me
    Picture this... i was brewed in a class that eventually produced up to 10 first class engineers, i was one of them..to an extent speakin neutrally i have an excellent analytical background,have become highly efficient in test writing and have survived a trippled merit scholarship award while in schoo etcl. ive benefited from MOBIL, SHELL, CHEVRON and TOTAL, all in all, im sincere with u. im currently serving now in a proffesional audit company so i aint feelin the heat of jobhunters just yet.
    wen i read ur comments yesteday, it gave me little sleep yesterday, cos i just kept on thinkin and feelin for everyone that got so close...thats how life is.
    i was part of the successful candidates for the postgraduate scholarship award, but at the same instance as iamahustler i was ditched... guy wat kinda of a company would invite u for an interview requesting for original credentials...and do everytin but collect them...certainly MOBIL..for cryn out loud we could all have fake admission letters or credentials..i had the previledge of even kwn how many of us had a1st class that interview day...not even countable
    i must be sincere to u subsy,..while we were waitin in the ground floor for the interview..i met a few of the scholars..im quite friendly so i got talking comfortably with a few..u culd see them all looking so brilliant and possessing an aura of uniqueness..we all got there based on merit i must confess, cos all of us agreed that doin the graduate test and havn a chance to do the post graduate one, was just a bloody mistake by mobil...we bruised that opportunity.i dont think i missed any question i did that day cos i did enuf readin after the graduate exam expose'.
    ive moved on sincerely speakin cos my interview was great..but still yet?...i got the mail not stating the basis of any selection,,..and a please try again...imagine i got this after bein told by the head interviewer "I assure u, we will see again"..u sparingly here interviewers say so..
    guy i have peps in Mobil.,that culd help if i actually felt i needed the help..pls belive...but i realy prefer the whole merit thing...they still keep cursing my ignorance.
    i dont knw if u have a job alredy or wat u do alredy..but its clear that u dont give a shit about people like us.....i even met a guy Frank(FUTO)..he got the scholarship..saw his name in the papers...a remarkable fela..so hapy for him.
    By his grace, When we all get there( we all includin u), my freind, i promise...we will cut down such bureaucracy existing in the high echlon..every form of nigerian blood will be dealt with, and he whose head fits the cap, would wear it....

ex-CHG

well i understand u guys.mobil is a very big coy and very compenting.but take a look at dis .i hv a class mate frm pry sch thru out our pry sch he is just d best ,our scondary sch he is just d best @ federal govt college,our university we ready d same course civil engineering he was just d best graduating student in engineering dat year a GPA of 4.94 ie first class with series of scholaship while in sch.he did his masters in imperial college and d best him in offshore structures @ imperial college. he was recruited by mobile directly frm there ie d last recruitment dey did 2006/2007.i did d test and pass but inerview was d problem.do u guys kn dat if mobil advertise ,dey also give d same chances to nigerians doing their masters in dis big universitis .so my dear it is a very big competition wit intelligent guys wit 1st class frm different university in d world.so i kn dat d recruiters e will b confuse at a time cos of gud and smart guys available.so don't wait for them as for me i never waited i keep writing cos i no dat i'm gud ,4 me to pass mobile test.but nw i'm with transocean.so guys if u can pass mobil test and go 4 their interview it means u re gud .i bet u, u must work wit one of dis nigerian oil coys.don't blame mobil dey hv too much gud guys 4 their disposer to select.tnaxs and u guys should keep movin

Gr8 guy,
    I think I buy your Idea and you own contribution. we will all achieve what we are meant to achieve, G-d Willing!

@iamahustler
    It is well, we will all get there, let the fire keep burning. Good luck!
    S

@KennyG4: you are so funny...its not a matter of favour and prayers...it wouldnt help in MOBIL's case...MOBIL have been consistently doing the same thing since 2007 till date. They recruit...Get successful candidates to go for medicals and security clearance..and they turn dem down at the last minute.
    It has nothing to do with prejudice....ask anybody..they have done the same last year with the Mobil nigeria recruitment in the UK ..its not unlike them.

hello house,I might not be too sure on the direction this thread is going but what I do know is that my very good friend got the mobil scholarship. I know when he applied, we read together even sat near eachother in the hall.?I this i can tell you he is very good upstairs!!!written test is very different from oral. within oral interviews too have their trickeries involved.I aint trying 2 put down anyone or raise mobil,all i'm saying is that mobil is true but does not mean that they dont play pranks too.

cheers

That is what people say 'when they get there, they will cut it down', my brother before you get there you would have being one of them. Have you heard of the word "system maintenance", you don't do it, you don't get there.

As par the prevailing issue, pls I want to state that "wayo" exist in the system, really, but I still know are a lot of people that are in the industry thru merit, at least I know a lot of good guys that entered shell thru SITP even though so many came in thru back door and the Niger Delta factor. During the training, you see a lot of people performing terribly as if there never went to school.

But I dont know why we are just blaming the multinationals, look out even our acedemic system, many people get fake scores in JAMB, secure admission thru back door, perform terribly in school or sort their way thru, later they get recruited by the multinationals and the expats then proclaim that Nigerian graduates are not good.

Who we go blame? Na wa for this country.

Sorry I am replying late. I've been kind of busy

@KennyD4: Thanks for that contribution.

@El-Azar: I do not work in Mobil but one thing I kn ow about most of the multinationals including Mobil, Schlumberger etc is that u are not a full staff if you do not go through recruitment. If someone or ur supervisor or whoever influences ur entry, u will only be a contract staff. Ask questions. But that status is not guaranteed. Obviously, there is a difference between Nigerian education and study abroad (UK 4 instance). Ask anybody that has gone thru that system but that is not to magnify it and say we are not good in Nigeria. It's just that we were not exposed to the things we need to.

@Ex-CHG: I am sorry if I sounded derogatory. But such prejudice could influence ones psych to think there is no objectivity and hence no need to work hard. I am a beneficiary of the Int PG Scholarship, but if I had read such comments earliar, I wouldn't have put in my best and probably wouldn't have gotten it. I replied for the sake of future hopefuls. Because, you finished from a class of 10 first class graduates, I have an idea who u are. U read Chemical Engineering in OAU (2007 set). One of ur course mates is on ptdf and one is on Chevening scholarships. I knew them during IT in Schlumberger in 2006 and maybe I know you too if u passed Schlumberger IT test in 2006. Am I wrong? Your credentials were screened on d test day, isn't it? Moreover, they are paying ur tuition directly to ur university so they won't be bothered about falsification. U are good, but remember someone else is good too and probably better or will I say, expressed himself better during the interview. Remember, interviews are about your homework and presentation. Someone else did his homework better than you. I have connected on facebook with most of the scholars and the comments I see on their walls is on the affirmative.

Guys, I wouldn't say much about the job process. I didn't take the job test (though I applied but was not invited for the test), but for the International Post Graduate Scholarship, I will tell you it had all the transparency you can get. I have had the opportunity to meet penultimate beneficiaries and their statement is the same. Let us not discourage others that may be hoping on this opportunity next year. Do your homework well and you will definitely excel.

God bless u my broda ex-CHG dat was a nice speech and a humble one. never relent on ur effort 4 HE (GOD) who has promise wil never leave nor forsake his own. shalom

I've read lots of the replies to my post, & i commend y'all for all ur responses & perception. I know a few people get into Mobil Producing Nigeria on merit, however i still feel they are a lot of inconsistencies with regards their recruitment process.
    I've gotten a fairly comfortable job in a Production conglomerate.. Funnily & interestingly, i recently got a call from a lady at Mobil Producing Nigeria enquiring about some of my details that're missing from my application with them, that they (MPN) want to use it to update their database..
    Wat's wrong with this people!?! Are they okay?

I've read lots of the replies to my post, & i commend y'all for all ur responses & perception. I know a few people get into Mobil Producing Nigeria on merit, however i still feel they are a lot of inconsistencies with regards their recruitment process.
    I've gotten a fairly comfortable job in a Production conglomerate.. Funnily & interestingly, i recently got a call from a lady at Mobil Producing Nigeria enquiring about some of my details that're missing from my application with them, that they (MPN) want to use it to update their database..
    Wat's wrong with these people!?! Are they okay?

Well, my kid brother was one of the 10 that won the scholarship this year and resumed school since October, but guess what, that was his fifth consecutive attempt!!!

exxon mobil is fucking shit. they should go to hell. they give preferential privilage to tribal issue while claiming they encourage diversification. one of the world most hated oil and gas company Google it and you will see it. anyway we will still survive come what may.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast