+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: UBA Banking school

UBA Banking school

Please house i was recently invited to the UBA banking school after a thorough recruitment process. Could anybody please tell me what happens there and does it mean i've gotten the job. Thanks a lot for your responses.

Re: UBA Banking school

I think U have a NEW JOB. Congrats!

Thanks zorani, i just need further clarification.

Someone pls should say something

Entering d banking school does not guarantee employment. You wil be reporting to the h/o for a three wk trainin on diff courses and you will b assesed d end of each week for each training you have been taught.
    Training is from mon/sat 7am-5.30pm wit a free ticket of b/fast and lunch where you will dine wit other staff. Course materials will b provided for you

The bank has one policy which causes tears,5percent of d class will b dropped after the assessment,there will be two classes of say 25students each,five percent will b dropped based on performance.this means scoring 70 or 80 dsnt guarantee becos some will score higher.you just have to b exceptionally brilliant.

After the asessment if you get a text that u r invited for medicals you passed and if you dnt apply again in six months.so start reading courses on accounting,marketing related topics etc and also try and b close to the people that matter even by being a nuisance you will get a good posting.cheers

How do one apply 4 dis uba job? pls somebody should help cos i learn dat one only need 2 upload one's cv on der career portal and i've done dat 4 more than 6 months now but no response. Pls someone shd help!

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoyo2us View Post
    Entering d banking school does not guarantee employment. You wil be reporting to the h/o for a three wk trainin on diff courses and you will b assesed d end of each week for each training you have been taught.
    Training is from mon/sat 7am-5.30pm wit a free ticket of b/fast and lunch where you will dine wit other staff. Course materials will b provided for you

The bank has one policy which causes tears,5percent of d class will b dropped after the assessment,there will be two classes of say 25students each,five percent will b dropped based on performance.this means scoring 70 or 80 dsnt guarantee becos some will score higher.you just have to b exceptionally brilliant.

After the asessment if you get a text that u r invited for medicals you passed and if you dnt apply again in six months.so start reading courses on accounting,marketing related topics etc and also try and b close to the people that matter even by being a nuisance you will get a good posting.cheers
    Thanks a lot for your contribution. Its invaluable. The thing is that i heared this time around its 10months or less. And we have already done aptitude test, 1st&2nd interview and medicals before this invitation so i wonder how its gona be this time. Thanks a lot and if u know more pls oblige.

Quote Originally Posted by olu4u View Post
    How do one apply 4 dis uba job? pls somebody should help cos i learn dat one only need 2 upload one's cv on der career portal and i've done dat 4 more than 6 months now but no response. Pls someone shd help!
    I applied by submitting hardcopy cv at one of the branches in abuja.

@ambitious,did u apply through B.sc or OND cos i myself just finished from UBA Academy few wks ago,precisely june 11th

@tolu, pls explain to me what to expect at the banking school. I applied with B.Sc. Thanks a lot

@ambitious,i belif u av already startd d Bankin sch cos u postd dis topic on d 18th.am i right? So hw is d xperience like?

Well we started today and they all telling us how if u dnt get up to 60 average, u will be dropped. I just hope for the best...

ambitious what's the pay like in the trainign school? And is it in lagos?

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast