Job Title: Legal Officer Description
- This candidate will be responsible for providing legal advice and support in relation to the preparation, review, negotiation and delivery of all contracts and agreements and other documents of a legal nature, including on all legal matters relating to the business of the Company and of Funds managed by it.
- In addition to this, S/he will provide compliance support in satisfying regulatory and other contractual requirements of the ARM-Harith Infrastructure Fund (the “Fund”) including in relation to the various Fund Agreements, the Investment Process and portfolio/asset management.
- Reviewing and advising on Fund documents, project, finance, investment-related and other contractual documents including assisting with legal and contractual due diligence
- Document and contract preparation and support
- Conducting research on all relevant aspects of law and regulatory requirements as well as research on Fund target sectors, countries, projects, etc, as appropriate, to support Fund Management Team decision-making regarding deal flow development and prioritisation.
- Providing legal and administrative support to the Company and to the Fund vehicles including but not limited to the Investment Committee and the Advisory Board of the Fund including by liaising with the company secretaries in Nigeria and Mauritius
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with all reporting requirements and obligations under the various Fund documents, Company and regulatory rules/processes, and raising early warning of any deviations from laid-down requirements
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with Nigerian and Mauritian regulatory requirements pertaining to the Fund and the Company, as well as liaising with Nigerian regulators such as the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), and with Estera (Mauritian Corporate Administrators)
- Addressing KYC/CDD requirements in relation to investors in the Fund, Fund vehicles, and company shareholders and stakeholders such as Investment Committee and Advisory Board members, as well as KYC requirements in relation to potential and actual portfolio investments.
- A law degree (e.g. LL.B, BL)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a financial services environment and/or in project development preferably in an infrastructure environment.
- Excellent contract review, analysis, and research skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and a good team player able to operate in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment.
2nd January, 2016.