Job Title: IP Access Planning Engineer Descriptions
- Design and develop best fit architecture & routing topology for Access/Metro/Edge network infrastructures and for converged data & communications services and their successful integration into the IP/MPLS Backbone.
- Liaise with Network Operations, Enterprise Network Solution, Enterprise Solution and other internal company departments or team members to provide assistance to stakeholders on IP planning projects and ensure design and implementation are carried out to specification
- Assist Network Operations and Enterprise Network Solution with second level problem analyses and troubleshooting
- Plan and design data access nodes, sites and links within the national and metropolitan access networks to cater for new developments in the organization’s business plan.
- Produce and develop solutions for convergence of diverse Customer Edge communications services onto consolidated backhaul (last mile) links for connectivity between the Customer Edge (CE) and the MPLS Provider Edge (PE).
- Interface with metro transmission personnel, key user groups and other necessary stakeholders to define and implement best fit access methodologies for transport and delivery of customer data access services.
- Develop IP addressing, naming and numbering formats as well as quality of service parameters for the Customer Edge LANs and all other data access networks, nodes and elements.
- Produce and integrate IP routing solutions for the extension of network management capability to Microwave Transmission sites in the metro and national TX backbone networks.
- Plan and implement WAN Access SLAs, quality and class of service requirements in alignment with the capabilities of the network and ensure achievement of customer satisfaction on the total connectivity/transport solution.
- Conduct weekly and monthly network performance monitoring, trend analyses, capacity planning and expansion/optimization in line with traffic growth and customer demands
- Compile trend reports on capacity demand, utilization and availability for forecasting and proactive planning.
- Plan and conduct site visits and surveys for accurate and effective design, dimensioning and integration of new CEs, data access links and metropolitan access triangulation.
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
- May be required to work extended hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Electronic / Computer Engineering.
- At least 4 years extensive experience in ICT & Telecoms systems integration, preferably in a large Service Provider network.
- Cisco qualification – CCNP/DP level or CCNA with extensive systems integration and network design experience.
- Understanding of metro-transmission technologies, e.g. LRE, xDSL, PDH/SDH.
- Working knowledge of IP/MPLS, QOS & networking protocols such as ISDN, H.232, SIP, VOIP & C7 (SS7)
- Good working knowledge of advanced routing mechanisms & protocols (BGP, OSPF, IS-IS etc).
- Understanding of high capacity Packet & circuit transmission technologies & products, e.g. SDH, DWDM, ATM, Frame Relay
- Experience with network performance monitoring and reporting.
- Experience with 3G, HSDPA, GSM, TDMA, CDMA networks will be an added advantage
- Basic Management Training
- Project Management
- Budget essentials and management
- New technologies training
- Telecoms network design and planning principles.
- B.Eng, B.Tech or HND.