Job Title: Driver Description
- To support in the provision of secure transportation of personnel and resources for British Council in accordance with the Organisation’s policies and standards.
- Ensure vehicles are serviced in line with the service schedule and that periodic routine vehicle checks are made and that defects and damage are reported promptly. Vehicles are clean and refuelled regularly.
- Carry out driving and transportation duties in relation to travel bookings, activity and event management and maintain vehicle log books, journey and fuel records.
- Clearly communicate transport arrangements and any changes to transport users.
- Excellent customer service delivery as the first point of contact to British Council visitors and UK colleagues at the airport.
- Report to the facilities team when not driving and provide proactive support to administrative duties and quality customer care related duties. Also carry out routine mail dispatch service as may be required.
- Visiting Consultants and partner organisations
- All employees of British Council
- Senior Management team.
- Other Important Features or Requirements of the Job
- Periodic travel to risk areas is likely to be necessary following close liaison with The Head of Security.
- Regular unsocial and over-hours will be required to meet operational requirements of the post and programme.
- A minimum of 3 years of proven experience in a similar role within the corporate sector or NGO sector.
- Experience in a similar role in an international organization
- A valid Nigeria driver’s license.
- FSLC passed
- SSCE attempted
- Medical fitness for driving.
Locations: Abuja and Lagos
11th January, 2017.