+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: THE CORPS SERVICE YEAR (I)

THE CORPS SERVICE YEAR (I)

THE CORPS SERVICE YEAR (I)

The National Youth Service programme lasts for a period of one year. Usualy there are two tiers every year. BATCH A begins in Septmember and ends in August the folowing year. BACTH B begings FEB/MARCH and ends in JAN/FEB the following year.

The FOREIGN TRAINED NIGERIAN GRADUATES are expected to serve for the same period of time. ...MORE

The service year also comes with its own challenges, issues like exemption, clearance, loss of call up letters, loss of certificate of National Service, loss of academic credential are sometimes encountered. .......MORE

The National Youth Service Corps year consists of a four – phase programme comprising :-

1. MOBILISATION / ORIENTATION

2 PRIMARY ASSIGNMENT

3 COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT SERVICE

4 WINDING UP/PASSING OUT PARADE. .

MOBILISATION

This entails collection and collation of data on all prospective corps members from the various corps producing institutions nation-wide whose graduates qualify for enlistment into the scheme. Nigerian graduates from foreign institutions report directly to the Directorate Headquarters Abuja, for the evaluation of their certificates preparatory to deployment
    Foreign-trained graduates should note that only nationals who graduated before they turned 30 are eligible to serve irrespective of their age on arrival in Nigeria . It is age at graduation for the first degree that matters

. ELIGIBILITY FOR NATIONAL SERVICE

(a) Participation in the National Youth Service Corps is compulsory for the following categories ofNigeria graduates:-

(i) If, at the end of the academic year 1972-73 and above or, as the case may be, at the end of any subsequent academic year, he shall have graduated at any University in Nigeria ; or

(ii) If, at the end of the academic year 1974-76 and above or, as the case may be, at the end of any subsequent year, he shall have graduated at any University outside Nigeria ; or

(iii) If. at the end of thc academic year 1975-76 and above or. as the case may be. at the end ofariy subsequent year, he shall have obtained the Higher National Diploma, or such other professional qualification as may be prescribed.

) Not withstanding tile provisions of sub - section (I) of this section. with effect from 1st August, 1985.a person shall not be called up to serve in the service corps if, at the date of his graduation or obtaining his diloma or othef professional qualification:-

(i) he is over the age of thirly or

(ii) he has served in the Armed Forces of the Federation or the Nigeria Police Force for a period of more than nine months: or

(iii) he is member of staff of any of the following, that is -

I. The Nigerian Security Organisatton. or

2. The State Security Service, or

3. The Nationa Intelligencee Agency. or

4. The Defence lritelligencc Service, or

5 He/She has been conferred with any National Honour.

A person liable to be called up to serve in the service shall serve for a continoeus period of one year as from the date specified in the call-up instrument served upon him/her or. as the case maybe If a general or special notice to that effect is given in the prescribed manner; and when so called up. such person shall make himself available for service and shall present himself/herself at such place and time and to such person or authority as may be specified in the instrument or notice.

As from 1st July, 1977, it became mandatory for all Nigerian graduates from institutions of Higher Learning both at home and abroad to participate in the National Youth Service Corps Scheme irrespective of the age at graduation except for those served with exception certificate on ground of age or any other of the above grounds.

. DEFERMENT

Medical Doctors, Lawyers and Phamiacists are allowed to do their one year professional apprenticeship before enlistment in the scheme. Hfowever if a law graduate decides to serve before going to the Law School , 1k is permitted to do so. The age as at the date of Graduation for Lawyers and Medical students, is the date taken into account for tnobilisation in the NYSC Sclmrrc (i.e. when the student graduated L L B, M.B.B.S. IS. Plus niP). HND holders and all other graduates as may he prescribed the law, are not allowed to defer their participation in the NYSC Scheme in order to pursue professional course, either first degree course or post graduates studies, until they have completed service and discharged from National Service. Health Reasons can be considered. .

. DEPLOYMENT POLICY

[he ultimate objective of the NYSC Scheme is to achieve national unity through mobihisation of the Youths of this country for service in the N'YSC Scheme. Corps members are to be exposed to life in other parts of the country and to learn at first hand the many similarities anddiversities of culture and traditions of the various ethnic groups in the country with a view to eliminating any inherent prejudices etc. Corps members therefore have no choice as to where they would like to serve.Corp Members are discouraged from lobbying for choice stations

MOBILISATION

. MEDICAL REPORTS

For purpose of concessional posting ofprospective corps ncmbcrs with medical problems, medical reports from the Institution's Medical Centre or University Teaching Hospitals. General Hospitals. Mihtary or Mission Hospitals and signed by the Chief Medical/Health Officer, Consultant, shall be accepted . ~Medical reports from Private Clinics or Hospitals are not acceptable for purposes of NYSC Mobilisation.

. . ADMINISTRATION FOR CALL-UP LETTERS

In accordance with the decree 5l of June 1993 only successfully graduated candidates in the various certificate/diploma or degree examinations are qualified to be called up forserv ice in theNYSC Scheme. Only such candidates are qualified to collect their CALL-UP letters from the Students Affairs Officers ot their respective Institutions

. CALL UP FOR NATIONAL SERVICE

All prospective Corps Members are issued with call-up letters on graduation from their respective institutions. The letter informs them of their states of deployment, the orientation venues and the date they should register for National NYSE Orientation camps.

. CORPS SERVICE YEAR PROGRAMME

A typical corp Srvice year is didveded in four phases. Orientation progratnmC, Primary Assignment. Community Development Service and Winding - Up Programme and Passrug — Out Paraded.

ORIENTATION PROGRAMME

The orientation Programme provides the first venue for effecting the desired change of attitude, as participants receive training in preparation........

Re: THE CORPS SERVICE YEAR (I)

Health officers and personnel officers are needed urgently @ MARITIME LOGISTICS NIGERIA, with expertise in brand new health maintainance, human resourse rebranding and packaging organisation with branch office in Lagos. The company is in Urgent need of fresh, hardworking and result oriented graduates to fill vacant positions in the firm.
    REQUIREMENTS:
    Applicants must possesed OND and above from any recognised institution of higher learning.
    Must be hardworking, and able to work and achieve rersults with little or no supervision.
    HOW TO APPLY:
    INTRESTED applicants should send cv's to the HR. [email protected]
    Or contact (WhatsApp only)
    NB:
    Failure to adhered strictly to instructions means disqualification.

+ Reply