ENGINEERING DESIGN & PIPING/PROCESSING SOFTWARE TRAINING (AUTOCAD, PDMS, P&ID, HYSYS)
AUTOCAD (2D/3D): This software is suitable for drafting and modeling. Is the basic Engineering software, which all beginners in field of Engineering and science need to get acquitted to.
· Basic 2 Dimensional drawing( working on x,y coordinates)
· Getting familiarize with 2 Dimensional tool bars and its application in design
· Applying 2 Dimensional toolbars in machine, civil and Electrical drawing
· Dimensioning of drawings ( Dimensional style settings)
· 2 Dimensional Isometric Drawing (x, y, z axis)
· Dimensioning and editing isometric drawings
· 3 Dimensional Drawing ( Working with 3D Tools bar) – Extrude, Subtract,
· Modeling, Solid Editing, View, Visual style
· Modeling of solid objects.
COURSE MODULE (PDMS)
· Axis System (Piping Isometric):
· Identification of Equipment and Primitives ( Equipment and Primitives orientation)
· Creating of Equipments (Tanks, Reboiler, Heat exchanger, Column, Pumps)
· Modifying Equipment( Orientate, offset, move)
· Setting Attributes ( Height, Diameter, Position, orientation)
Piping in PDMS: Basic Concepts
* Piping Specification: Setting the appropriate specification
* Pipe work tool bar
* Pipe creation Form
* Pipe Branch Head and Tail connected
* Creating Branch components (Pipe fittings)
*Pipe Branch Head/Tail position Explicit
* Pipe components creation form
2. Attaching fittings (Elbows, Valves, Flanges, Reducer, Tee, Cap etc) to Equipment
3. STRUCTURAL MODELLING: Designing Beams and Columns:
* Choosing specification for Beams and Columns (British Standard)
* Offsetting Beams and Columns
* Designing Plates and Panel
* Picking Plates and Panels points.
PIPING AND INSTRUMENTATION DESIGN ( COURSE MODULE)
· Mechanical/Process Equipments
· * Flow Diagram Reading and Interpretation.
· Developing Piping and Instrumentation Diagram Layout.
· Adding Flow lines, Instrument lines, Inline Components(Reducer, Valves) to
· P& ID Layout.
· * Interpreting and developing P & ID Diagram and Plant Modeling.
· Assigning tags, specs to Equipment and process lines.
· * Piping Specification, Piping Isometrics
· * Piping & Equipment Layout
· Detecting process flow errors and correcting them (Flow conflicts, unconnected components, Spec and Size mismatch, Unlabelled Annotation).
Aspen HYSYS: Process Modeling (Refining Industry Focus) Course Agenda
Module 1: Getting Started
- Define a fluid package – property package
- Select components, including hypotheticals
- Install streams and attach stream utilities
- Customize the Workbook
Module 2: Propane Refrigeration Loop
- Define a Fluid Package
- Define streams
- Navigate the Workbook interface
Module 3: De-pentanizer and De-butanizer
- Add columns using the Input Experts
- Use the Spreadsheet
- Link Templates
Module 4: Oil Characterization
- Use Oil Characterization in Aspen HYSYS
Module 5: Pre-Heat Train
- Install and converge heat exchangers
- Use logical operations: Adjust and Balance
- Use the Case Study tool to perform case studies on your simulation
Module 6: Atmospheric Crude Column
- Build an atmospheric crude column
- Use Aspen HYSYS to analyze and predict the behavior of a simulated column
- Add side operations to a column to improve operation and efficiency
- Add cut point specifications to increase side product quality and quantity
Module 7: Vacuum Tower
- Install a vacuum tower with side draws and pump rounds
- Perform tray sizing and rating calculations
Module 8: Heat Integration
- Export pump rounds
- Use the recycle operation in Aspen HYSYS
Module 9: Rating Heat Exchangers
- Use the Dynamic Rating method (by providing heat exchanger geometry) to determine if an existing heat exchanger will meet process specifications
Module 12: Aspen Simulation Workbook and Reporting
- Customize reports using the Report Manager
- Use XML to create an input data summary
- Run Excel utilities to view workbook data
- Use Aspen Simulation Workbook to deploy models in Excel
Target Audience : Engineers( Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, Petroleum, Electrical, Material/ Mettalurgical
Graduate trainee, Youth Coopers, Jobseekers)
We also train Engineering/ Design companies Staff.
Contacts us in any of our training centre, 1: 26, Ikotun/Idimu Road, College Bus Stop, By Diamond Bank
Suite 15, Kazam Plaza, Ikotun, Lagos.
8, Omotayo Street, Thomas Estate, By Doren Gate,