+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Want a career in Insurance?

Want a career in Insurance?

With my recent postings on insurance and its nature aimed at promoting interaction with house members on the subject, even though there were visitors yet no comments have been posted. This seeming lack of interest by members further show the general apathy of the public against insurance and therefore reinforces my desire to fly a website where necessary education, enlightenment, solutions and information on insurance matters would be handled for the benefit of all. It would also provide employment opportunities to house members who may want to find career in the insurance industry in Nigeria. Graduates and non graduate of insurance would be encouraged to undergo a practical training in all classes of insurance which would make them more attractive and ready to assume any responsibility in any company. The years of experience usually required for employment in the industry would have been overcome through the training. Once again let me know why you are not thinking insurance?
    femhans

Re: Want a career in Insurance?

yeah i do want a career in insurance coy.but hw to go about it is what i dont know.
    i m a graduate preparing for service,infact i m willing to serve in an insurance coy.
    just give me the details of hw to go about it.

yes i want a career in Insurance coy but i need guidance
    success.com

Yes, i desire a career in an Insurance Company but i don't know how to go about it. I'm a graduate of Accountancy and i believe your enlightenment would go along way in helping those interested to attain their desires. Thanks for your concern.
    Be your your self and try to be another person, that is the only way could actually discover real capabilities. I am my self and i like doing my things the way God direct me.

I have to thank those house members that have enliven my spirit by their replies. It is quite encouraging. Beyond that I wish to state for proper understanding of members that the insurance industry in Nigeria comprises of Insurance Companies, Brokers, Loss Adjusters and Agents. The later are not necessirily professionals, but have sufficient knowledge of insurance, mostly through training to canvass and secure business for insurance companies. They are paid % of premium-commission which depends on the class of business. The Brokers on the other hand are educated and trained in the principles and practice of insurance; to provide professional advice to their clients - corporate and individual. They also earn commission from the insurance companies. The loss adjusters are skilled professionals groomed in insurance technicalities and are usually appointed by the insurance companies at the time of claim. (to be contd)

For more information on the above topic please visit, register and login at www.insurancetalkshopng.com. There you will be able to follow the insurance market in Nigeria and be in a position to decided at what level you can join the industry and of course questions on how you can be an insurance person would be given full attention.

See you at the Board.
    Quote Originally Posted by femHans
    I have to thank those house members that have enliven my spirit by their replies. It is quite encouraging. Beyond that I wish to state for proper understanding of members that the insurance industry in Nigeria comprises of Insurance Companies, Brokers, Loss Adjusters and Agents. The later are not necessirily professionals, but have sufficient knowledge of insurance, mostly through training to canvass and secure business for insurance companies. They are paid % of premium-commission which depends on the class of business. The Brokers on the other hand are educated and trained in the principles and practice of insurance; to provide professional advice to their clients - corporate and individual. They also earn commission from the insurance companies. The loss adjusters are skilled professionals groomed in insurance technicalities and are usually appointed by the insurance companies at the time of claim. (to be contd)

+ Reply