+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: MSc and MBA, which one?

MSc and MBA, which one?

I need a candid opinion on this. I am young graduate in the Telecom Industry, Finance Dept in precision. I have B Sc in Accounting and ICAN qualified. I am confused on which of MSc and MBA will be more relevant in this industry? Kindly send objective response(s)

Re: MSc and MBA, which one?

i'm also a b.sc holder in statistics and i'm about going for my masters. any suggestion as to which of them i should offer?
    MBA or MSc..
    pls house we need ur advice

Go and read MBA it is better considering your status in the profession like me

mba is for biz while master is tailored adequately to yr profession hence do sometin in yr field,better still get more info thru brochure,website& people tahing d course,co-workers.
    everyman is superior to me in some ways.

An Msc requires less work experience than an MBA. Imagine that ur fresh out of school, ur Mba is not Pan African Mba, U r lookin 4 work. Everyone will tell u that ur overqualified for entry level but not qualified for the next level. I excluded Pan African university because they have a program in place to place their young graduates in organisations.
    With an Msc, u can decide to go for a PHD but with an MBA, u will need to still do an Msc before going on to do a Phd.
    Alternatively, u can run a prt time Mba program while u work. It depends on what u want to do in life.
    Cheers
    God is good

An Msc requires less work experience than an MBA. Imagine that ur fresh out of school, ur Mba is not Pan African Mba, U r lookin 4 work. Everyone will tell u that ur overqualified for entry level but not qualified for the next level. I excluded Pan African university because they have a program in place to place their young graduates in organisations.
    With an Msc, u can decide to go for a PHD but with an MBA, u will need to still do an Msc before going on to do a Phd.
    Alternatively, u can run a prt time Mba program while u work. It depends on what u want to do in life.
    Cheers

@zinwa
    are u aware that MBA are of two pedigree,MBA executive and MBA academic.the former.the later requires a considerable on the job experience and does not qualify for PhD,but the with the former u can proceed to PhD.U GET TO PAY A WHOLE LOT OF MONEY FOR MBA EXECUTIVE AT LBS,PAN AFRICAN UNIVERSITY WITH A JOB PROVISION AS A FOLLOW-UP SUPPORT.

@Chinexannex
    are u a fresh graduate,if yes,go for Msc or if no gain experience up to middle to higher level mgt before applying for MBA executive.

@Mac MIT
    ITS QUITE SIMPLE CONSIDERING YOUR BACKGROUND AND DEPARTMENT.GO FOR MBA FINANCE,DONT EVEN THINK TWICE.IF U FANCY A LITTLE BIAS THEN GO FOR MSC FINANCE(UNILAG REQUIRES 2 YRS EXPERIENCE FOR ADMISSION)

casim is also right and his post should be adhered to

am in a more similar situation,i av a b.sc in political science and also a diploma in economics $ statistics.am caught in btw decisions 2 make considering which 2 go for.btw an a mba in economics and a mba in business admin which offers more prospect in terms of job opportunities n career development.i work in a stockfirm n fresh out of nysc.pls advise house,ur advise will surely help in making a decision.

+ Reply